Pages:
Author

Topic: Spammers and Burst Posters only - page 2. (Read 856 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
April 24, 2023, 01:29:16 PM
There is nothing like post bursting.
If there is, it is not a problem to the forum.
If it was to be a problem, theymos would have edited the forum code such that you cannot post if you do not have upto 5mins delay after a previous post.
Since there's nothing like this implemented, it therefore means that post bursting isn't a problem.

Burst posting is a problem in itself as it will never help you make a constructive post.

For example, can you make let's suppose 4 good posts in a matter of 30 mins in different threads? You need to read the few posts above, understand the conversation and then post your point of view. If you are not doing this, then you're only posting to complete the quota of the campaign in order to get the payment.

By the way, you cannot survive long in a campaign with the habit of burst posting as good campaign managers will soon identify your behavior and replace you with those who pay attention to the details.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
April 14, 2023, 05:42:53 AM
In my opinion, burst posting refers to when someone repeatedly posts messages in the forum with less than a 5 mins gap between each post. This kind of behavior is considered spamming and is not tolerated. As a normal member, I believe that there should be a gap of 5 to 10 minutes between posts. However, this time span may vary depending on how fast a person writes and comes up with ideas to share.
OK, pay attention to this point. If you can post every 5 minutes, you have fast writing skills, you know the topic with possessive knowledge, the quality of your posts is good [above average] - would you agree if someone thought you were spammer and burst poster?

The case is definitely very different from one user to another, but if you are ordinary posters, then waiting time between posts is good for you so you have a chance to think about how you can make quality post. The point is in the quality of your post, you have to remember it correctly.
Very accurate the level and speed of comprehension varies among users. But on average posters should wait 5-10 minutes before  engaging in a different discussion because that way it will give them more time to think and as well help them come up with more constructive, argumentative and concrete posts.

Some posters can be constructive no matter how short the timing between their posts are but if they give more time to thinking and understanding a post they will eventually do more better than they would have done while the rushed into discussion. Spamming sometimes doesn't occur intentionally it could happen as a result of rushing into discussing a post that has not been well understood by the poster.
rby
Activity: 742
Merit: 611
Brotherhood is love
April 14, 2023, 03:19:30 AM
There is nothing like post bursting.
If there is, it is not a problem to the forum.
If it was to be a problem, theymos would have edited the forum code such that you cannot post if you do not have upto 5mins delay after a previous post.
Since there's nothing like this implemented, it therefore means that post bursting isn't a problem.
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
April 11, 2023, 03:43:17 AM
I think difficult finding topic and getting source information for make posting on every 5 minutes, possibility some one have prepare it before and make posting every 5 minutes but has already source link for posting. But post on every 5 minutes will category as burst post and warning for participants joined with signature campaign will be disqualify.

Effective make post every one hour and have enough time preparing for second post and get source information how to use for second post, but depending with every one skill and if some one have possibility with smart think maybe they can get short time for preparing to second post.
I can't remember which one have 5 minutes gap every post, but I know there are many members have 10 minutes gap every post in this forum. If you think user who have 10 minutes gap is a burst poster and he should be kicked from the campaign, you're wrong because they're participating in the highest paid signature campaign and they never get kicked until the campaign end.

A user who post every one hour isn't always a good poster and a user who post every 5 minutes isn't always a bad poster.
I have few acquaintances before that does this exactly like making a post and save it as a draft and then just copy paste it for the exact thread they wanted to reply. I learned about this because this is one of the tricks, they taught me before. Did I follow their steps? No, this type of strategy doesn't sit well with me, it's okay to do it like this if you are replying to the OP (general topic) but if you are making replies with other members like what I am doing right now, it is hard to do that, since each member has their own point of view they wanted to share and if you didn't get exactly what they wanted to convey, your replies will be off topic.

Indeed, it's true that time gaps for posting isn't that really mattered as long as you are on topic, and you are engaging with your fellow members here. I remembered when I was 5th grade my teacher said that to be able to have communication there must be MESSAGE to RECEIVER to REPLY, and that's how I differentiate this forum since this was made to provoke discussions with wide range of topics to choose from, so it's no wonder each member is focusing on different topics and replying differently on every thread.
Activity: 574
Merit: 566
April 11, 2023, 01:18:34 AM
I think difficult finding topic and getting source information for make posting on every 5 minutes, possibility some one have prepare it before and make posting every 5 minutes but has already source link for posting. But post on every 5 minutes will category as burst post and warning for participants joined with signature campaign will be disqualify.

Effective make post every one hour and have enough time preparing for second post and get source information how to use for second post, but depending with every one skill and if some one have possibility with smart think maybe they can get short time for preparing to second post.
I can't remember which one have 5 minutes gap every post, but I know there are many members have 10 minutes gap every post in this forum. If you think user who have 10 minutes gap is a burst poster and he should be kicked from the campaign, you're wrong because they're participating in the highest paid signature campaign and they never get kicked until the campaign end.

A user who post every one hour isn't always a good poster and a user who post every 5 minutes isn't always a bad poster.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
April 11, 2023, 12:50:12 AM
OK, pay attention to this point. If you can post every 5 minutes, you have fast writing skills, you know the topic with possessive knowledge, the quality of your posts is good [above average] - would you agree if someone thought you were spammer and burst poster?

The case is definitely very different from one user to another, but if you are ordinary posters, then waiting time between posts is good for you so you have a chance to think about how you can make quality post. The point is in the quality of your post, you have to remember it correctly.

April 10, 2023, 10:18:26 PM
In my opinion, burst posting refers to when someone repeatedly posts messages in the forum with less than a 5 mins gap between each post. This kind of behavior is considered spamming and is not tolerated. As a normal member, I believe that there should be a gap of 5 to 10 minutes between posts. However, this time span may vary depending on how fast a person writes and comes up with ideas to share.

It is quality over quantity to be exact. Creating posts and replying takes a long time for new users but for those who stayed long enough, they are able to contruct narratives easily while being on point. It is expected that new users will try to rank up by posting so much everyday, but we should also consider that it takes 2 weeks to update your activity. At least they already have posts stock already, but does your posts at least decent enough to be called average? If it's not then you should think twice before posting again. This is why it is recommended for new users to explore first, read and learn before posting or replying into something they can relate the topic to.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
April 09, 2023, 06:49:03 AM
It doesn't matter how many posts you post a day that you are a spammer. Basically depends on your post whether you are a blast post or a spammer. Many people make various irrelevant posts on the forum which do not make any sense.  And their posting style completely violates forum rules.  Basically they are spammers. 

When posting always consider what type of post you are making. Two constructive posts will contribute to the forum rather than twenty irrelevant posts. So instead of posting twenty irrelevant posts, we should post two constructive ones. And if you feel that the posts you are sharing are constructive and useful for the forum and people are getting information from your posts then you can post with some time gap and your posts will never be burst posts.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
April 08, 2023, 05:55:58 PM

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
April 08, 2023, 12:51:16 PM

The issue arises when users who are already part of a signature campaign start posting excessively in the last 24 hours before the payment day. Some campaign managers have enforced rules to address this problem, such as not paying users who post more than 30% or (40%) of their total posts in a single day. I think this is an excellent way to prevent spam and would recommend other signature campaign managers to adopt similar measures.
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
April 08, 2023, 09:16:56 AM
We all have different categories of how people post on this forum, some were inky for their signature campaign requirements only, some do not post base on participating on a signature campaign and have no interest in any, while the last set of people were those that combine the both, which means their posting patterns cannot be predicted, they post both on their post requirements for participating in a signature campaign and also post beyond the required limit, same also we have with the time each member comes online to the forum to make post, in line with their daily schedules.
Activity: 518
Merit: 547
April 08, 2023, 08:39:28 AM
No matter how many hours I spend on the forum. Sometimes I find myself that I have almost nothing to post. I wouldn't say I like posting on a thread where I have no genuine interest. If I do, I end up posting shit that I don't want to. I should be bold here. Usually, I don't post in gambling sections. If I post there just for the signature campaign requirements (My current signature campaign doesn't require me to post there), that will be a shit post. I like discussing Cricket games, and luckily Cricket Discussion thread is available in the gambling section.

I have another side of the Story as well. Sometimes I come to the forum and see a lot of threads where I am interested and want to write a considerable number of posts in a short time. When I see good topics I am interested in, I can write posts with around ten minutes gaps. I track a reputed user with the super notifier bot. Sometimes I see him write posts with 10 minutes gap, which is not post-bursting, in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
April 08, 2023, 08:24:17 AM
There're still people like me who leaves gaps in their posting time even if it's on different thread not just to be considered a spam maybe it's  just some sort of hobby or maybe they just wanted their account latest/past posts to be clean just like in my case.  Grin

The questions here should be, is there a maximum amount of post limits per day the forum has stated that should be followed by the community, No there isn't. The only time I know the forum restricts you from posting simultaneously is when you're a newbie. Other's are free to post as much as they want, provided they aren't delivery low quality posts, it doesn't matter how many post you post per day. Campaign either aren't supposed to detect how many posts we can make. If you're in a campaigns that counts only 5 posts a day doesn't mean you should be making only 5 posts per day. You can make as many posts as you want and the campaign manager chooses which best 5 he should qualify for the daily posts count same as the weekly quota.

Burst posting should be about quality as others have highlighted and I support that argument instead of quantity of posts. Personally my posts number can vary between 5 to 15 posts per day depending on how chatty I'm for the day. Some days they come in interval of minutes while others days hours and I believe same can be said about others too and weren't trying to burst post. When we can say a usual is honestly burst posting is when he makes a certain amount of posts in the last hours before the end of his campaign week, just to beat the cut for eligiblity of payments for that week.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Life's but a walking shadow!
April 08, 2023, 08:01:05 AM
I don't mind if somebody reading this would misinterpret it and it is also not right to say that I am not indirectly asking for merits, coz that's what already there is on the first post and I am also aware that begging for merits is subjective to red tags. This is just an "if ever", coz it is still their choice whether they'll give me or not, or whether I deserve that kind of merit. It's not like I just made this topic on purpose of asking merits without participating on the discussion.
The unofficial rules states 'no begging', but if the trust system is used correctly, it doesn't mean negative feedbacks ought to be given when someone begs for merits (or other things), the user and their post should be reported to the moderator and they'll handle it, but then if the person begs excessively, then a neutral tag is what should be given.

Having said that, it is somewhat unnecessary to talk about what you'd do with the Smerits generated from the possible merits received on your post, many users here consider it begging, and even if they wanted to merit the post initially, they could then change their mind. If merits is lacking in your local section, then you should make a thread and apply to be a merit source in your local board, or you request reputable users in your local section to apply to be a merit source.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
April 08, 2023, 07:37:55 AM
Lately I have noticed lots of complaints regarding burst posting and spammers, IDK what do you guys think about a burst poster or a spammer, but I have an average of 8-12 hours a day staying in the forum and with a 15-30 minutes post gap I should say I can make at least 15-20 posts a day depending on my mood. Though for sure there will be people here saying depending on a topic or "you don't care about the topic as long as you can post" thingy.

Why do you consider everyone a spammer who posts a certain large number of posts each day ? There can be people who may post 10 or 12 (maybe more) posts per day and yet all of those posts are constructive ones. There can be a person who post only 3 or 4 posts a day with 1 hour gap and yet his posts may be useless and spam.

In order to identify the spammers, Look for the Quality of posts first over the quantity of posts. Yeah, I agree that burst posting will affect the quality of posting as you won't be spending much time writing / reviewing your posts.

That makes sense since if I were to choose between posters I'd rather choose good quality posts which are relevant to the topic, and there is also a chance that a specific member is just actively participating on the discussion and he is also contributing on that topic. It isn't fair if that person would be labeled as a burst poster right? He/She should also know what he is doing in the forum and of course would also know the rules.

(Edit. If someone happens to give merits to this thread, I'll be using it to help our local section Pilipinas to generate merit cycle. As it happens that our local section is active but the merit cycle isn't, besides that, we also don't have merit source due to various complications. Thanks in advance)

I don't think it is the right way and it indirectly suggests that you are asking for merits but telling where you may spend them. If people like your post, they will merit it and you can spend them wherever you like. Smiley

I don't mind if somebody reading this would misinterpret it and it is also not right to say that I am not indirectly asking for merits, coz that's what already there is on the first post and I am also aware that begging for merits is subjective to red tags. This is just an "if ever", coz it is still their choice whether they'll give me or not, or whether I deserve that kind of merit. It's not like I just made this topic on purpose of asking merits without participating on the discussion. I am just honestly and genuinely curious to your perspective here on this forum as to what you guys consider as a burst poster. I am also very aware that the replies here on the discussion could even have merits than the thread. I only did it as some kind of exclamation. Both of us too are aware that asking for donations is the same as begging. I hope this doesn't offend anyone  Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 08, 2023, 06:51:11 AM
Anyone who has an if (activity >= 100) then they can post every 4 seconds.
That's incorrect. With Activity = 100, you have to wait 12 seconds between posts. The minimum of 4 seconds is only reached when Activity = 500. The 12 seconds is totally fine for normal posting, but the 4 seconds is often annoying when reporting spam.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
April 08, 2023, 06:26:10 AM
For me, burst posting does not exist as an absolute concept but in relation to quality. If someone writes posts at intervals of 5 to 10 minutes on average and they are of quality, he is not a burst poster.

Besides no one usually writes posts with such short time intervals continuously. The normal thing is to enter the forum, write 2 or 3 posts, and then come back in after a while and write more. So between some posts there are gaps of between 10 and 20 minutes, but maybe between the first and the second session there is a gap of a couple of hours.

For forum purposes I would say not to look so much at the interval between posts as at the quality of the posts, and for signature campaigns purposes I would introduce something else. For example someone who is 10 posts short of the weekly quota and writes them on the last day with short intervals is probably burst posting, and some campaigns have explicit rules against it. On the other hand, someone writes with 10 minute intervals but writes 7 days a week normally in different time slots and with quality? He won't be a burst poster.
April 08, 2023, 05:11:23 AM
That is exactly right. IMO, if you are responding and contributing into the discussion, that is not considered as a spam, not unless you jump from topic-to-topic writing whatever comes into your mind without a care just to compose/construct sentences to reach the minimum words of 150 is most probably considered a burst posting. Just like you do too, I am also someone who can keep up with several subjects at the same time, maybe it is called multi-tasking or so, but regardless of that, it is something that needs constant practice and requires you to voluntarily control your focus so that you won't mixed up all your replies.

That's right. That's why if a topic is too many replies to the OP or too many replies after my post, we have to spend more time to understand the point of the conversation. That way I'll be able to see if I have something to add or not to the subject.

Of course, sometimes, we can repeat one or another information that has already been said, but if we are original and genuine, we will certainly present that same information from another point of view that can help the debate.
To be honest, it is really hard to construct short and precise message or words without repeating some information presented while adding the fact that there are minimum numbers of character and words that is required for you to become a valid poster that isn't only good at adding flowery words. As I've said that it requires constant practice to voluntarily control your focus since those things cannot be achieved by being a nonchalant poster alone. We should also keep in mind that what we replied is something not only straight to the point but also relevant to the topic and also for others to engage with it or even a new knowledge you can add to it. Although this is irrelevant, this is mostly why in my free time I usually read books even fictional novels to expand my vocabulary and to increase knowledge about constructing sentences, coz whether I like it or not and even if English is our international language, I am not born from a native English-speaking country, so if I wanted to converse with anyone using general language which is English, I still needed to become more comprehensive. Replying isn't all about speaking English alone but also understanding the context of what you really are replying to, so far that's what I've learned here from staying on this platform.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
April 07, 2023, 07:34:29 PM
Lately I have noticed lots of complaints regarding burst posting and spammers, IDK what do you guys think about a burst poster or a spammer, but I have an average of 8-12 hours a day staying in the forum and with a 15-30 minutes post gap I should say I can make at least 15-20 posts a day depending on my mood. Though for sure there will be people here saying depending on a topic or "you don't care about the topic as long as you can post" thingy.

Why do you consider everyone a spammer who posts a certain large number of posts each day ? There can be people who may post 10 or 12 (maybe more) posts per day and yet all of those posts are constructive ones. There can be a person who post only 3 or 4 posts a day with 1 hour gap and yet his posts may be useless and spam.

In order to identify the spammers, Look for the Quality of posts first over the quantity of posts. Yeah, I agree that burst posting will affect the quality of posting as you won't be spending much time writing / reviewing your posts.

(Edit. If someone happens to give merits to this thread, I'll be using it to help our local section Pilipinas to generate merit cycle. As it happens that our local section is active but the merit cycle isn't, besides that, we also don't have merit source due to various complications. Thanks in advance)

I don't think it is the right way and it indirectly suggests that you are asking for merits but telling where you may spend them. If people like your post, they will merit it and you can spend them wherever you like. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
April 07, 2023, 04:12:53 PM
It is possible to make a post under 5 minutes which may not violate any forum rules so its subjective to the intention of the post not the numbers, usually campaigns consider there should be atleast 30 mins gap between their post or else it will be considered as burst posting then people wrote x number of posts in a notepad or somewhere then keep posting it in between the right intervals that is why most of the signature campaigns have max cap post towards post quota for weekly payments but you can make as much as you want.
Here is limits on posting. Anyone who has an if (activity >= 100) then they can post every 4 seconds.

Limits on posting

Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

About spam, low quality posts, burst posts, or off-topic it is something else. This means nothing is going to stop you from posting every 4 seconds assuming you have >=100 activity points unless you are spammer. But the time span between one post and another also needs to be considered because it can provide space for you to write something constructive and of high quality. If you are an AI, you may be able to have short timeframe due to the quality of your posts.
Pages:
Jump to: