Pages:
Author

Topic: Spanish Government: Bitcoin is Considered Cash - page 2. (Read 1781 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
This is very good news because it avoids problems with VAT (IVA).

It might avoid VAT, but it will increase the tax-related complications for the Bitcoin miners. And another factor is that Bitcoin traders might have to pay the income tax, instead of the Capital gains tax.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Nice! Paves the way for more adoption. If the US were smarter they would view it as a currency and collect a higher tax rate than capital gains.  
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
The truth is the Spanish Tax Agency has said absolutely nothing about Bitcoin yet.

I know there are several binding enquiries ("consultas vinculantes") sent by bitcoin users to the Tax General Office ("Dirección General de Tributos"), but no answer has been provided. This makes the income tax for 2013 in Spain a guessing game.

The news says:
"en el caso de que las autoridades monetarias y financieras consideren que el bitcoin un medio electrónico concebido para ser utilizado como medio de pago al portador, serían de aplicación las limitaciones a los pagos en efectivo"

which means
"IF the monetary and financial authorities consider bitcoin an electronic medium to be used as bearer payment, the limitations of other cash payments would be in place".

Which are those limitations? Basically, 2500 euros maximum per payment. But nothing official yet.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
These are great news, now there's a clear definition for what bitcoin is under the law and businesses can build on that without the uncertainty fear.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
HEy Hey HEY??
Well I dont think thats a good news. Now what will be the future of taxes?? Bitcoin tx tax??

Whether they are taxing Bitcoin directly or indirectly it does not matter.
Your Bitcoins will still be taxed when converted to FIAT.
Don't forget that even if you don't get taxed for Bitcoins now, you get taxed for everything you buy with FIAT or Bitcoin.
Companies that accept Bitcoin still have to declare tax.....

That being said.
I believe this is great news.

ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!

Sometimes the problem with this "ACCEPTANCE" is that to promote the use of fiat, the government may start to impose higher tax on bitcoin than the fiat, this will ultimately lead to the degradation of btc.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Well I dont think thats a good news. Now what will be the future of taxes?? Bitcoin tx tax??

Whether they are taxing Bitcoin directly or indirectly it does not matter.
Your Bitcoins will still be taxed when converted to FIAT.
Don't forget that even if you don't get taxed for Bitcoins now, you get taxed for everything you buy with FIAT or Bitcoin.
Companies that accept Bitcoin still have to declare tax.....

That being said.
I believe this is great news.

ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
HEy Hey HEY??
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
This is very good news because it avoids problems with VAT (IVA).
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Pages:
Jump to: