Pages:
Author

Topic: Sparrow Bitcoin Wallet - page 4. (Read 1151 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
September 10, 2020, 09:42:15 AM
Was going to take a look because I will play a little with anything.
But why are you using Java to build?. A lot, possibly even most security people see java / java script and run screaming in the other direction.

I don't care one way or the other, but you might want to look at another alternative.

-Dave

Hey Dave
I am not using java or anything, and this is not my wallet project, but I am just testing it because I think it is good that other major wallets have some competition.
We don't want developers to get to lazy, and I like to post something new here in forum so that everyone can explore it.  Wink

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 10, 2020, 07:22:55 AM
Was going to take a look because I will play a little with anything.
But why are you using Java to build?. A lot, possibly even most security people see java / java script and run screaming in the other direction.

I don't care one way or the other, but you might want to look at another alternative.

-Dave
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
September 10, 2020, 03:03:39 AM
IMO, it poses no danger to Ledger's keys.

Yeap, not that much risk(as far as I know) since you verify the transaction details on the Ledger device itself anyway. But I was referring to actually using this wallet for generating and actually storing the keys(and not just making transactions like when connecting a hardware wallet to it).
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
September 09, 2020, 11:53:38 PM
Looks pretty slick— UI looks clean without sacrificing functionality and features.

With that said, I agree with bitmover that I don't think people should use this new wallet for storing keys with high-valued holdings unless you can verify the code and compile it yourself. I'm personally going to wait this out and wait til it gets a bit more publicity.
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
September 09, 2020, 03:23:35 PM
It is a beautiful wallet.

I have some mixed feelings about wallets.

I am very satisfied with the wallets I use (software and hardware). They dominate the market somehow

Just like I think oligopolies are bad for everyone, I don't risky trying new wallets.

I trust my money in ledger, trezor and electrum. I wouldn't trust sparrow, at least not with a huge amount. But I could try this wallet for small amounts, if it brings something very new which I would use.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
September 09, 2020, 10:59:20 AM

On my quest to find some new interesting Bitcoin wallets I recently found out about Sparrow Wallet.
Sparrow desktop wallet licensed under the Apache 2 license, and it is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
It supports single and multisig wallets, as well as importing and exporting Electrum wallets.
Sparrow is also good for anyone who runs their own Bitcoin nodes., and it supports hardware wallets.
Current version is 1.4.3 stable.

Sparrow supports all the features you would expect from a modern Bitcoin wallet:

-  Full support for single sig and multisig wallets on common script types
-  A range of connection options: Public servers, Bitcoin Core and private Electrum servers
-  Standards based including full PSBT support
-  Support for all common hardware wallets in USB and airgapped modes
-  Full coin and fee control with with comprehensive coin selection
-  Labeling of all transactions, inputs and outputs
-  Lightweight and multi platform
-  Payjoin support
-  Built in Tor
-  Testnet, regtest and signet support

Github:
https://github.com/sparrowwallet/sparrow

https://www.sparrowwallet.com/
Pages: