Pages:
Author

Topic: Spreadsheet: Invest in BTC or mining hardware? - page 4. (Read 58708 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 11
well there is a reason why I'm selling my rigs now. For me the extra little bit is not worth the hassle of managing hardware and keeping em up and what not. I was gonna just sit on the coins for a while anyways so I'm just gonna buy. Been buying at a steady 3.3ish for a while now which was nice.

Another article on a popular site or a media outlet covering bitcoin on news and it will be another 50% difficulty IMO.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Glancing at your photo, I don't see how that could possibly be accurate unless I am misunderstanding what C9 (Total BTC generated) means and what value you are referring to in C10.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I have generated a spreadsheet that should allow user input of all potential variables to consider when deciding whether to invest in mining hardware or in BTC directly.

Play with it, and tell me what you think.  It seems that the wisest choice could be either, and it greatly depends on difficulty levels and expected increase (or decrease) in the price of BTC.

v1.1 - Difficulty should now accurately affect BTC production.
v1.2 - Added in calculations to show profits if production is traded daily.
v1.3 - Added invest/withdrawal/pool fees fields, added uptime percentage field.
v1.31 - Calculation/bug fixes
v1.32 - Calculation/bug fixes

Download the spreadsheet (v 1.32)
If you find any errors in the calculations, PLEASE let me know so I can fix it!

If you found this helpful, please consider donating BTC to 1CjoEtypZhqkBLSdfpnphNYjWyokourkxe

Pages:
Jump to: