Pages:
Author

Topic: Stablecoins are the new money, is this true? - page 4. (Read 716 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 10
February 24, 2019, 01:35:20 PM
For me stablecoin is an old coin that is still expensive until now. like bitcoin, ethereum and other coins. I think bitcoin is the most stable coin because the price is still expensive today.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
February 24, 2019, 12:27:08 PM
Stable coins will definitely be the new money, but they are not that utilized yet. However, I think they will be much more widely used than Bitcoin.
The problem is, if the fiat monetary system fails, the stablecoins fail, too.
Activity: 574
February 24, 2019, 10:49:57 AM
Stable coins are the new money, because even JP morgan has created own stable coin and to my mind it is something what proves demand of stable coins
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
February 24, 2019, 10:40:16 AM
A new report by cryptocurrency and blockchain advisor, George Samman, titled ‘The State of Stablecoins 2019,’ details the history of money and makes an argument for why stablecoins represent the natural evolution of where money will head next.

Here is the link to the article: https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/new-report-says-stablecoins-may-become-the-new-money

Are any of you invested in the projects mentioned in the article? I am pretty interested in Maker and Ampleforth tbh

Stablecoins actually are not the new money. It is money, but in the form of cryptocurrency.
The stable cryptocurrencies are backed by money, so it is not a new money.
I think it is not easy to create a stable coin without something backed on it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
February 24, 2019, 03:36:38 AM
Actually, I would never prefer for stable coins although they provide us with some liquidity what will be the use of them to us. They are centralized and are backed by some organization or government. For me, they are just a tool for trading and nothing more. Also, the main thing is when they close down who knows.
That's the advantage that can be taken from stable coins, make a use of it when playing inside the market, trade the pairs and grab your earnings but
in terms of dealing with long term positions, I also agree that they ain't design for that, more on a passage getway and in any means.

Invest with progressing tokens as there's a lots of potentials to come your way.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
February 24, 2019, 03:33:02 AM
Actually, I would never prefer for stable coins although they provide us with some liquidity what will be the use of them to us. They are centralized and are backed by some organization or government. For me, they are just a tool for trading and nothing more. Also, the main thing is when they close down who knows.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
February 24, 2019, 03:26:49 AM
i think that true. because they just using usdt to make 2017 pump.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
February 24, 2019, 03:11:21 AM
I'm not interested at this time with stablecoins, even I don't understand how to invest in it. Is there art seen in price movements? We know that cryptocurrency is synonymous with flutation, so what does that mean?
Stable coins are not intended to be invested in them. They are designed for ease of use cryptocurrency. This is only a way of temporary storage of our funds in a period when we have to urgently withdraw our funds from any of our coins or tokens, but the time has not yet come for them to invest in other types of cryptocurrencies. Stable coins allow you to avoid multi-pass ways of bringing them to fiat and back. They allow you to keep a certain amount of time in the same digital envelope that cryptocurrencies have and are not intended for profit.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
February 23, 2019, 03:12:14 PM
Stable coins are an awesome tool to keep your funds safe, but they are backed by real money and they cannot fully replace them. Such coins as NEO, XLM or LTC have real chances to become a new money.

None of them will become stable over the next couple of years as massive adoption would have to have occurred first before some stability can develop.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
February 23, 2019, 12:24:10 PM
In my case of we can't manage any cryptocurrency to owner or other things. Always price changing depend on buyers and sellers. So with this conditions does not any stable coins in cryptocurrency market.also real currencies are changing with their country economical activities.  Cool
Activity: 294
February 23, 2019, 12:16:03 PM
Stable coins are an awesome tool to keep your funds safe, but they are backed by real money and they cannot fully replace them. Such coins as NEO, XLM or LTC have real chances to become a new money.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
February 23, 2019, 12:13:42 PM
Stable coins are now good simply because of the market. Many investors already buy stable coins. But, still I will not invest in stable coins and we do not know if the stable coins will live for the next few years unlike unstable coins who have more potential to live more than decades.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
February 22, 2019, 08:49:22 PM
Stablecoins are just for temporarily holding your funds and you cannot make profits from those like cryptos. Some like Tether have been controversial in the past and it is hard to trust all of these stablecoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
February 22, 2019, 08:40:02 PM
Stablecoins are there to act like a bridge between fiat and crypto and give people something to which they can jump when crypto markets tank. They have many flaws because they are centralized coins owned by companies that are supposed to have enough fiat to cover the total value of the stablecoin.

Why would someone invest in this when you can have your stable fiat money or you can have your unstable crypto with high potential profit. Stablecoins offer no profit and much less security than fiat.

Agree completely with this. The main purpose of stablecoins is to hold the cash from trades and avoiding  taxable capital gains that using fiat instead will entail. These are riskier than fiat.  Safer to hold your long term exchange funds in BTC or ET and only risk small amounts in any stablecoins.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
February 22, 2019, 08:32:20 PM
Stablecoins are there to act like a bridge between fiat and crypto and give people something to which they can jump when crypto markets tank. They have many flaws because they are centralized coins owned by companies that are supposed to have enough fiat to cover the total value of the stablecoin.

Why would someone invest in this when you can have your stable fiat money or you can have your unstable crypto with high potential profit. Stablecoins offer no profit and much less security than fiat.
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
February 22, 2019, 07:13:46 PM
At recent time, a lot of stable coins releases when the cryptocurrency market is stable. I think that durable coins are not suitable for cryptos market because of if the market has more stable coins. It was not able to grow up and go to the moon. I think USDT is an only stable coin and enough for this market.
Activity: 572
February 22, 2019, 07:08:16 PM
That some of the coins show the stability still about what does not speak. The cryptocurrency market is still full of risks. The price of many coins continues to be volatile and it will be better substituted when the market rises.
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
February 22, 2019, 07:03:24 PM
A stablecoin is good for payments, a cryptocurrency is good for trading! You don’t make money on the stablecoin if you are holding it but you can make profit off of Bitcoins, Ethereum etc. But stablecoins can be the new safety net until US Dollar dies (!) as last resort! Russia, China, Turkey etc. are allegedly trying to ditch US Dollar and go for alternative currency. Some say they might start using cryptocurrency for their internal trades. It's all mere speculation but seeing all those new stablecoin projects keeps coming up these days, I think something like this may actually happen.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
February 22, 2019, 05:45:47 PM
Stable coins are contrary to what the original idea of cryptocurrencies was. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin should be a counterpart to the fiat money of states and banks. Stable coins are in most cases tied to fiat money. For a stable coin token a USD is deposited (sometime also resources like crude oil or gold). That's why a stable coin loses value through inflation like fiat money and is based on its underlying value. In addition, one must trust the authority that holds the USD/Gold/crude oil in return, usually a bank aga or a centralized organisation in.

This is all correct, but a stable digital currency is needed for a possible transition into the digital money or crypto economy.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
February 22, 2019, 05:33:01 PM
A new report by cryptocurrency and blockchain advisor, George Samman, titled ‘The State of Stablecoins 2019,’ details the history of money and makes an argument for why stablecoins represent the natural evolution of where money will head next.

Here is the link to the article: https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/new-report-says-stablecoins-may-become-the-new-money

Are any of you invested in the projects mentioned in the article? I am pretty interested in Maker and Ampleforth tbh

No, I do not invest in such coins , and for me they are not very suitable for investment, for me more like altcoins they can earn a lot more in cryptocurrency!
Pages:
Jump to: