Pages:
Author

Topic: Stablecoins are the new money, is this true? - page 6. (Read 716 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 22
February 21, 2019, 06:03:16 PM
It makes no sense to have so many stablecoins all over the place, everyone tries to launch them now. And most stablecoins are really not sure to be completely backed so better get rid of them as fast as possible and buy true crypto.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
February 21, 2019, 06:00:46 PM
A new report by cryptocurrency and blockchain advisor, George Samman, titled ‘The State of Stablecoins 2019,’ details the history of money and makes an argument for why stablecoins represent the natural evolution of where money will head next.

Here is the link to the article: https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/new-report-says-stablecoins-may-become-the-new-money

Are any of you invested in the projects mentioned in the article? I am pretty interested in Maker and Ampleforth tbh

In my opinion stablecoins are not very different from today's money, only digital model. Unlike, there may be deficiencies because paper money is protected and defended by powerful governments, but stabilcoins can deceive everybody every moment. Anyway, they may be future, if they will created by governments.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
February 21, 2019, 04:29:34 PM
Stable coins are just a way to store value and that is exactly how people using them, we rarely see any use case of this stable coins outside the exchanges where people use them to store the value and maintain there $$ in times of big dumbs or in times of uncertainty etc.... Stable coins are far from being a form of new money.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 21, 2019, 04:23:57 PM
it will be maybe true in the future, but for now it is not, and there will be some time to become true
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 21, 2019, 04:22:58 PM
Stable coins aren't a good idea. They are centralized and if we learnt anything about centralized projects, sooner or later they always end up as a scam.

It is practical to use those coins from time to time especially when you are moving between the exchanges but I wouldn't keep my life savings in those coins.
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
Cryptoji.net | Translation services
February 21, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
All these things start after JPM coin , I think It gonna be a great way to add liquidity to exchanges. But we all wodered how easy to ask for the money of someone , Just create aa stable coin and give a name of JPM
Activity: 597
Merit: 10
February 21, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
What does mean by the stable coins? The USDT market or the coins backed by the team? I don't think stable coins are the real money. You may trade with USDT, USDC pair to secure your profit, this is a good way to make and stable your money. But I would love to trade with Bitcoin and Ethereum pairing because anytime it can give you a higher profit than USDT market.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
February 21, 2019, 04:02:59 PM
A new report by cryptocurrency and blockchain advisor, George Samman, titled ‘The State of Stablecoins 2019,’ details the history of money and makes an argument for why stablecoins represent the natural evolution of where money will head next.

Here is the link to the article: https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/new-report-says-stablecoins-may-become-the-new-money

Are any of you invested in the projects mentioned in the article? I am pretty interested in Maker and Ampleforth tbh

Pages:
Jump to: