Pages:
Author

Topic: Staking or Mining? - page 3. (Read 732 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 04:07:38 AM
prefer mining because if you have a nice mining tools, you can get many from it.
but some peoples prefer to staking. Staking don't require mining tools, but you need to buy coins more to gain more when staking.
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 02:10:05 AM
Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738

I am a MN person. The cost of hardware is not worth it.

Activity: 112
April 10, 2018, 01:37:44 AM
I am also reseaching about this problem. I see staking seem more easy to set up than masternode. Thanks for your information!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
April 09, 2018, 09:59:46 PM
Not necessarily the most profitable but staking is the most affordable of the three options. Not everyone can afford buying expensive equipments for mining and not everyone has the means to buy required coins/tokens for masternodes.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
April 09, 2018, 09:50:32 PM
I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

Do you think staking/masternodes will reach that scale?
Masternodes will reach that scale, just like dash coin and that gives requirement to the everyone interested to become the masternode to have at least 1000 dash coin. It looks like the majority of profit from staking and masternode method has been dedicated to the whales. If the requirements to become masternode will become more and more difficult and it will reach that level.

Have you tried setting one up before?
April 09, 2018, 09:48:58 PM
If you need money in a short period of time and you have mining rig, I suggest to mine because in mining although sometimes it is low profit, it is 100% sure that you will earn unlike in staking that it takes months just to have exchanger.

With masternodes though, you can earn rewards every single day much like mining. And there's often a higher ROI as well. Do you know about masternodes or have you tried setting one up before?
April 09, 2018, 09:46:23 PM
Due to mining in bitcoin the price of cimputer parts went up high especially gpu. And it wall take a high amount of electricy too. So i prefer staking rather than mining due to these conditions

Agreed. Have you tried setting up a masternode?
April 09, 2018, 09:44:17 PM
I think it's more profitable to become a mining because with the mining you can get more profit and the machine you use is very stable so as not to make damage to your machine.

There's many coins that run good masternodes that offer a higher ROI than mining. Have you ever heard of masternodes?
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
April 09, 2018, 01:22:07 AM
I think it's more profitable to become a mining because with the mining you can get more profit and the machine you use is very stable so as not to make damage to your machine.
Activity: 61
Merit: 5
April 09, 2018, 01:16:59 AM
Due to mining in bitcoin the price of cimputer parts went up high especially gpu. And it wall take a high amount of electricy too. So i prefer staking rather than mining due to these conditions
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
April 09, 2018, 12:57:58 AM
If you need money in a short period of time and you have mining rig, I suggest to mine because in mining although sometimes it is low profit, it is 100% sure that you will earn unlike in staking that it takes months just to have exchanger.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 11:49:25 PM
i prefer staking because it is low cost on spend resource such as electricity and mining tools.
but staking coins are usually more expensive than mineable coins in the market.
Activity: 405
Merit: 251
April 08, 2018, 07:54:09 PM
I think staking is more realistic for most people, but both take a fairly decent investment to see any real rewards. 
Both have their advantages/disadvantages. If you stake, you're heavily invested in said coin. If you mine, you're invested, but you can always change coins. Further, if the whole market goes sour, you can recoup some costs via selling the hardware.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 504
April 08, 2018, 10:59:32 AM
I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

Masternodes will reach that scale, just like dash coin and that gives requirement to the everyone interested to become the masternode to have at least 1000 dash coin. It looks like the majority of profit from staking and masternode method has been dedicated to the whales. If the requirements to become masternode will become more and more difficult and it will reach that level.
April 08, 2018, 10:29:58 AM
Mining has became an industrial business, you require a huge amount of hardware and cheap source of electricity and dedicated workers to yield from mining while staking or masternode is someway still profitable for individuals and small groups of enthusiast and business.
But what you think about cloud mining?
When I can buy some part of huge farm and earn money.

But what happens when mining becomes unprofitable? And also, I'm pretty sure you can have a much higher ROI with staking or having a masternode.
April 08, 2018, 10:27:54 AM

April 08, 2018, 10:26:44 AM
I prefer to invest in ICOs. It is more profitable. According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.

Don't you think ICO's are a lot more risky? And you may not always profit...
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
April 07, 2018, 05:28:25 PM
Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738

I'm fully confident that mining is not profitable now. The complexity is very high and the price is low. Some pools cease operations because of the fact that it has become unprofitable. Perhaps, soon the situation will change.
Activity: 210
April 07, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
To my knowledge Staking is more profitable mining staking provide freedom from electricity cost and rent space we can stake in our own computer as long as we want
Activity: 368
Merit: 18
April 07, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
Staking is more affordable since you don't have to set-up any GPUs and you don't have to bother about maintaining your computer from time to time. Setting up a mining rig is a expensive and would require you to conduct atleast twice a month maintenance, and from what I've heard, mining is not that profitable anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: