Pages:
Author

Topic: Stanford University Business Full-Time Cryptocurrency Course - page 3. (Read 623 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Well I don't like crypto but when comes to the issue of its education by the esteemed Stanford, there can be no question or doubts
Activity: 58
That's a cool news really, because btcs expansion is always in the non technical base which is remedied with name Stanford
Activity: 238
For those interested in studying crypto:

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.

I haven't seen this in other popular media outlets. They are probably be teaching the economic side of cryptocurrency as the term itself refer to something of "economic study". Well, about the technical aspect, it is being taught in computer science or computer engineering course since it deals more on computing and cryptography in computers. Cryptocurrency is just one form of application that can be built with blockchain. Think of Blockchain as Windows OS, and think of Cryptocurrency as MS Office. In short, Blockchain is the operating system and Cryptocurrency such as bitcoin is a software application. And please note, not all in the CMC are cryptocurrency, some of them are tokens, just happened to have a monetary value. It's like potato, you can use the potato to have fries, but you can't buy the potato without spending something with monetary value, therefore potato has monetary value.
Activity: 672
Merit: 271
I do not know why the Department of Economics/Business will study the Cryptocurrency, although it is a technology closer to the computer and programming.
Personally I do not believe in the role of Cryptocurrency economically and I do not think it will be possible to study or evaluate them based on the laws of economics and business administration(no one can Predicts it).
It is best to teach the Blockchain and the programming languages built on it(how to build tokens/coins, reading source codes and Enhanced protection).
Let me bring in the economic thing in between. You see everything was based upon blockchain and computers until bitcoin has been seen as a currency. When it is being seen as currency people transact with it in daily usage and even invest in it too. When people invest in it its obvious that it has some economic sentiments attached to it apart from the simple craze of technology. They want a good return on their money. Here is when economy comes in. It gets applied automatically where something related with the economic sentiments which is the want of the people with limited resources in present. That is why such university is teaching this course. They want to understand that how bitcoin and crypto could fit into the regular financial and economic scenario.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

https://www.cryptocurrencyguide.org/stanford-universitys-graduate-school-of-business-full-time-cryptocurrency-course-scheduled-to-begin-next-month/

Stanford Graduate School of Business, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business are expanding classes in digital currency and blockchain, CNBC reported.

Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business is offering a full-time cryptocurrency course, and is scheduled to begin next month.

Because it is being done by the business school, it will probably focus on the ecoomics aspects, as opposed to teh technical coding aspects of cryptocurrency.

That is the part that will be thought but some discussion would touch the narrative part about how it works and the technology behind it but not coding. I have come to realize that all the part that make a difference are not taught in the classroom. The people that even shaped the world we live in even dropped out of school while some we don't even know if they go to school. But its all good that they are learning it at least its giving popularity to what is being discussed at the moment. The fear is that eventually when they graduate, they become policy makers that would then determine what is being done in the industry that's the irony we have to live with.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
This is indeed a great news for all the community members as Stanford university is not a common name but most popular name among teenagers and students globally.I think there are some institutions spreading awareness about cryptocurrencies to students boosting the growth oppurtunities of the market giving technical and theoritical knowledge of blockchain technology.This is a very good step advances in this digital feild by educational instituitons which will make this crypto market more famous.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

It is a good thing seeing cryptocurrency slowly getting implemented in many fields and going as far as teaching it in university as it is indeed a very interesting case to look at and research, but what i don't get is why it is being apart of an economic course, from what i know cryptocurrency is a highly unpredictable market and it does not move according to fixed principles like the stocks or the other currency market, so what they may be teaching today may not be valid in the future.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250

That is an amazing news. I am sure a lot budding managers would want to excel themselves in the most promising technology of today's world. If I were a manager, I would have definitely enrolled into the course. I have one question though, what would be the credibility of the professors since everyone is new to this world.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
I believe this became a possibility because of the online courses being offered by some online program of a school, which now I don't remember. Obviously cryptocurrency as a subject will be included as a elective class as a lot of students are interested in it , it is inevitable to have one. Just like how Korea have their own college for Pro Gaming athletes/students as a whole program. Universities right now are identifying what is being talk about and what is greatly affecting people's lives and Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology is one of them.
Activity: 67
Highly appreciable steps. Take a bow Stanford. And I can assure after my graduation, I will definitely go for stanford
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Sounds interesting, wondering why I wasn't aware of this. Good to see that educational institutes have taken cryptocurrency seriously. Young age will be encouraged to study in crypto related subject. I'm interested to take a course if possible just to know how things are being done. Anyway, thanks to OP.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
They will probably focus on its economic aspect but lots of universities cover cryptocurrencies in related courses. It is far away from being an independent field of study for now.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Well its great, at least the government is kind of support blockchain and crypto, but in my opinion I think they should be more focus on the technical things, blockchain and btc still need a further development, when all infrastructure of crypto is finished, it wont be too difficult for people to used it for business, for now blockchain and crypto still can't be used for mass adoption, so technical development is more important
The government is not doing this, it is a university, besides we do not need the support of the government, we do not need them to develop anything so you seem to have the wrong idea but governments they do not develop anything, they are not creators of wealth or technology they are consumers of wealth and technology, all those gadgets that you see that the government has it's not because they have developed those things, they just use the money that they tax you in order to pay private companies to create stuff for them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
This is just a proof that cryptocurrency is here to stay. Some schools and universities are already offering courses about it so they wanted the people to know that there is a future with cryptourrencies and its role is important in the society. I hope it would be offered as well to other countries because people should be aware about it and not just base their judgments through mainstream media who are most likely bias about their news. If this course is offered then more parents would trust crypto because they would think that schools and universities would not offer it if it is just fraud or they cannot benefit from it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Well its great, at least the government is kind of support blockchain and crypto, but in my opinion I think they should be more focus on the technical things, blockchain and btc still need a further development, when all infrastructure of crypto is finished, it wont be too difficult for people to used it for business, for now blockchain and crypto still can't be used for mass adoption, so technical development is more important
Activity: 182

Its good to know that a big and famous university like Stanford is acknowledging cryptocurrency. Studying crypto in school aside from economics and business can help us be successful in our venture here. Maybe there are also schools in other countries who are offering same as Stanford.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
It's great that a university has now come up with a course on cryptocurrency. There was said to be other courses made available in various other universities. Some may think that the course is more suitable to be put in the computer studies department because it's more concerned on coding and programming. What other people and crypto-users alike don't realize is that there's also a business and economic aspect to cryptocurrencies. It's worthwhile to be discussed by the academe and hopefully this would lead to better studies on crypto and Bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
The application of blockchain is more and more widely studied. In the future, many universities will set up blockchain major!

Digital cryptographic currency is the product of block chain, in order to maintain the funds needed for the block!

Maybe a lot of universities will invest in digital cryptographic currency, but ignore the research of block chain technology!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
A course regarding cryptocurrency. So nice. This is a good sign that bitcoin is starting to be widely accepted. However, it will be under the Economics/Business Department. So this means that the focus would be on its impacts on economy, its rise and fall in price, the factors affecting fluctuations, and probably how to prevent those negatively affecting bitcoin. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Its just that, like others opinion, it would be much better if it will also be under the technological aspect, like programming, coding, and other computer related field because first and foremost, that is the backbone of cryptocurrency. But with that said, it's still a good thing.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
Now's the time for education for cryptos aside from the awareness it is getting lately. People are aware and know it, but not all are truly educated to it causing them to ignore these kinds of technological entities. I'm quite surprised that Japan didn't implement these or are they really aware of how these cryptos are now affecting them or it is already adopted that big in their country and education isn't really that needed anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: