Pages:
Author

Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed - page 48. (Read 107058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
August 12, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
"The site itself charges 70% commission so I actually received even more tips than what I finally got paid."

LOL...
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
August 12, 2016, 12:44:13 PM
Correct or incorrect?

I really appreciate you sharing with us about China and your perspective.

Doesn't it make sense that people are more willing to tip for live entertainment, because it is an interactive process where the tipper gets to influence the content of the entertainment. The key point is the value produced is worth the value of thinking about making a tip, i.e. if a girls drops her panties or contributes to some other fantasy of the viewer, then the viewer may value that significantly.

Whereas, for written content rarely with the reader value the content more than a few pennies (fractions of a dollar). And this cognitive load is too high on the viewer, who is reading many blogs per hour. This is why microtipping does not work:

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/12/17/changetip-must-die/

Steem solves this problem by making tipping appear to have no cost, because everyone shares in that cost. My recent blog was about who pays this cost on Steem.

But it appears to me that Steem has game theory vulnerabilities.

I agree with you there is great value in persisting the content, and no one can own, censor, or control our content and our list of followers. In my opinion, that is where the real value is, not in the tipping.

So I think the model of Steem will need to change to reflect rewarding the real value of Steem. I am actively working on this aspect.

Note that liquid STEEM could in the future be used to tip livestreaming. That is the sort of ecommerce feature that could be later added to the Steem ecosystem.

I don't think we can control what people are going to choose to do. Perhaps to some extent people were doing these sort of activities before the Internet and livestreaming, we just didn't see it prominently published. We are leaving the resource scarcity age and there will be more and more time and capital for people to explore other sides of human nature and social interaction. Nature is (bi-)fornicating.
August 12, 2016, 12:06:57 PM
The only freedom the Larimers support is the freedom to pimp out women over the internet as long as they're getting a cut of the proceeds.  So, if you want to strip naked or post degrading pictures of women you're in luck

This sounds like a great system.

I don't think those girls would be there if they weren't enticed by $1000+ rewards for just taking a few photos.

But I wonder if you two aren't missing the point that people like to have fun. A social networking site can't be all serious and only about valuable production.

What am I missing? Seems r0ach wants a social network to be about social ethics and social production optimization?

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptoculture then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?

It's more like this:

You've got a point there.

I wonder to what extent the youth prefer virtual sex to real sex. In Japan, the youth don't want to procreate any more. But then they don't need real girl tits, as the anime variety is more fantastical.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2016, 12:02:35 PM
The only freedom the Larimers support is the freedom to pimp out women over the internet as long as they're getting a cut of the proceeds.  So, if you want to strip naked or post degrading pictures of women you're in luck

I don't think those girls would be there if they weren't enticed by $1000+ rewards for just taking a few photos.

But I wonder if you two aren't missing the point that people like to have fun. A social networking site can't be all serious and only about valuable production.

What am I missing? Seems r0ach wants a social network to be about social ethics and social production optimization?

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptospeak, then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?

It's more like this:

August 12, 2016, 12:01:29 PM
And as for your competitor.... is it "Yours" ?  Smiley

Do y'all think that 'Yours' is a good name?

For me, it doesn't have a call-to-action. When I go to Facebook, I know I am going to see and post about faces. When I go to Twitter, I know I am going to read and make Tweets. When I go to LinkedIn, I know I am going to get linked in with my cohorts. When I go to Google, I know I am going to put on my figurative virtual googles and ogle some searches.

I have come up with a name that describes the main action (publishing) and also the main unique attribute (persisting data).

It isn't really Mine. Yours sounds selfish or narrow.

We publish to the Internet because we want to reach the large audience.

What call-to-action does Steemit conjure in your mind? Locomotion? What variety of loco + motion? Lol.

As for steemit.... I had half the amount of SteemPower a month ago, but twice the value I have today. I'm not a fan of the inflation rate. I think I need to start posting to maintain my investment... but I'm not a big writer, nor a hot girl, nor someone famous and I refuse to write a blog about how great steemit is to fish for whale votes. Hopefully there will be more people in the site who appreciate my sense of humor because right now only specific types of posts get all the votes

Is the high debasement rate on STEEM that is making the liquidity so low (because only 3% of the money supply is powered down into liquid STEEM)?

Or is that the money supply was increasing 10 fold over the past months still at a 300% per annum rate, thus market cap is not a true indicator of the actual investor interest?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
August 12, 2016, 11:46:50 AM
The main reason for which I'm not interested into Altcoins anymore. I have been interested until a few weeks ago. Now I found out there are lots of scams with these Altcoins, so no thank you. Be cautious, guys.
August 12, 2016, 11:42:06 AM
I'm saying if the goal is to create a simplified explanation of Steem for just random noobs, you took the subject and made it sound even more complicated heh.

Yeah. I was just thinking out loud how weird (avant-garde) the design of Steem is. Btw, I had also written the following just before that:

Are you able to summarize this in plain English so that people who don't have a mathematics degree can understand if it makes sense to the average person.

Well perhaps it could be reworded in a non-mathematical way. I am bit burnout on this topic for the time being. Maybe I will come back to again and attempt to write it down without math.

But I think also we should allow some time for the analysis about game theory vulnerabilities to be hashed out. Because they may dominate the real answer to "Where does the money come from?".

Thanks for your feedback. You have good point.
legendary
August 12, 2016, 11:40:47 AM
Please elaborate.

I'm saying if the goal is to create a simplified explanation of Steem for just random noobs, you took the subject and made it sound even more complicated heh.
August 12, 2016, 11:38:33 AM

I agree of course that if the site is unidimensionally focused on bimbos and cryptoculture, then it won't go far. Is that the essence of your complaints too?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 12, 2016, 11:38:11 AM
why would it be a pyramid scheme? it is nonsense, in my opinion it will have a bright future and it might even become a second crypto currency in market cap
August 12, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
That was definitely your worst attempt at explaining something ever.

I was replying to his comment where he suggested making an analogy for non-SP being debt.

I was trying to think (off the top of my head I might add) of what asset classes STEEM and SP are analogous to.

In what way am I am failing to offer my ideas on his comment  Huh

Please elaborate. Which asset classes do you think are analogous?
legendary
August 12, 2016, 11:32:05 AM
That was definitely your worst attempt at explaining something ever.
August 12, 2016, 11:27:24 AM
Just try to explain this Rube Goldberg contraption to a mere mortal:

Well SD wouldn't be debt, because they are earning a (currently 10% APR) interest rate. I guess we can think of liquid STEEM (i.e. non-SP which is not SD) as debt because it has a much higher rate of constant debasement loss, so it is mathematically similar to a loan to buy some stable value commodity where the loan is being paid by selling off chunks of that inventory, i.e. your SP value being depleted by interest rate. But most loans aren't paid back that way, so I think the analogy is confusing.

I prefer to think of liquid STEEM as bad money and SP as good money, in Gresham's law. Remember bad money drives good money out-of-circulation. However that isn't entirely apt either, because SP is not entirely good as it lacks liquidity. So if one could circulate SP, it might be the case they would circulate some and not only liquid STEEM.

Rather I think the most apt analogy is liquid STEEM are Argentina/Venezuela pesos and  and SP are time-locked CDs (certificates of deposit). Yet those still aren't entirely accurate because these are not just currencies, they are also equities in a highly volatile asset class (small cap altcoins).
legendary
August 12, 2016, 11:13:17 AM

legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
August 12, 2016, 10:54:35 AM
Could someone please give me some love?

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy

well people at first see that it is possible to make some easy money with it so they think it is a scam, and then later they try to jump into the train

What is wrong with getting paid for analyzing every facet of Steem I need to analyze to determine with more certainty its future and thus my future w.r.t. to it. It is analysis I would need to do anyway. By doing it with a community spirit, I get paid, I share with them, and so someone can use the information to for example improve Steem or make a better competitor, which ever turns out being the free market result.

At the same time, I have to also make sure I have enough cash to survive so I can continue to work full-time on this stuff. Before Steem I was reduced to about 4-5 months of cash remaining. Now with Steem's help, I am back up to 8-9 months of cash reserves (including the expenses for my gf + her sister to go back to university this Oct).

I have many stress on me from many different angles (health cliff, financial cliff, career end cliff, etc). I am trying to navigate these. I had no really good plan B options (although some might develop soon). There is no family in the USA that will help me. I am on my own. I refuse to take handouts from the government or go on Obamacare. I'll die here instead of do that. I have my ethics. I have no place to live if I don't have money. No one will offer me a place to live (well @rpietila did in his castle in Estonia but that just seemed too weird and I don't function well in very cold climates, I get very depressed)

Do not assume I have 100% joined Steem(it). I am not sure yet my decision, but I will tell you that I have an awesome name for a competitor and it isn't Cooprate.com.

At the same time, I need to be realistic. If the open source momentum has entirely shifted to Steem(it) and I don't have any earthshattering secret advantages, then it may be suicidal to try to compete. But if I think Steem is going to fail and I determine that working within their structure provides no opportunity to make it succeed, then it makes sense to go compete.

I am still evaluating and my mind is spinning because I am also battling this illness at the same time. I am having some good energy now unlike last year. I am very upbeat but I've got to produce and pronto, so I can't always slow down to explain...

Btw, just want you all to know **it is Friday**. I was just informed that **it isn't Tuesday**. In my mind, Sunday was just 2 or 3 days ago.

I haven't had time to look at the clock at the lower right side of my computer. Sometimes I resist going to urinate because don't have time for that either. I can't remember when I last showered.

This has been a crazy period ever since I joined Steem(it) I think perhaps I've averaged only 4 - 5 hours sleep per day and something like 120 hours of work per week.

I do manage to get my daily 2.5 km run in. And the run is getting consistently better. So I am upbeat, but I still have light-headedness and other ups and downs of the physical condition. But it is nothing like totally debilitating like last year.  It is just a struggle sometimes to want to be at full blast and being at maybe 60 - 80% (like a slight headache, body might feel weak, stomach and feet may be inflamed). It is progressing. It is just daily battle. I am  not a hypochondriac. I am very tough guy. This shit is real. I battle it hard! Basically assume I am recovering from Multiple Sclerosis. How many people accomplish that! You don't know how depressing it is to every day have my body do some fucking weird thing that I can't stop. You have no idea what it is like to be sick every day of your life. But as I said, it is getting better. I am upbeat.

Any way, I don't need empathy. I shouldn't responded. The only thing that matters now is production from me. Period. I need my own body to perform. I need my will power and discipline.

I was just kidding man, not trying to give you a hard time. I'm sorry to hear about your problems though, but you're a smart guy and I think you'll be just fine.

Did rpietila actually offer you to stay with him?  Shocked

And as for your competitor.... is it "Yours" ?  Smiley

As for steemit.... I had half the amount of SteemPower a month ago, but twice the value I have today. I'm not a fan of the inflation rate. I think I need to start posting to maintain my investment... but I'm not a big writer, nor a hot girl, nor someone famous and I refuse to write a blog about how great steemit is to fish for whale votes. Hopefully there will be more people in the site who appreciate my sense of humor because right now only specific types of posts get all the votes
August 12, 2016, 10:49:00 AM
@arhag has done an outstanding job on the math of Steem. I urge everyone to upvote this, he really deserves it:

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@arhag/re-anonymint-re-arhag-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t090501600z

P.S. Can someone tell me who @arhag is? Isn't he a witness and didn't he and @jl777 argue about him winning most of the liquidity rewards or am I confusing him with someone else? Is he a developer? For Steem(it)?
August 12, 2016, 10:07:38 AM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy

well people at first see that it is possible to make some easy money with it so they think it is a scam, and then later they try to jump into the train

What is wrong with getting paid for analyzing every facet of Steem I need to analyze to determine with more certainty its future and thus my future w.r.t. to it. It is analysis I would need to do anyway. By doing it with a community spirit, I get paid, I share with them, and so someone can use the information to for example improve Steem or make a better competitor, which ever turns out being the free market result.

At the same time, I have to also make sure I have enough cash to survive so I can continue to work full-time on this stuff. Before Steem I was reduced to about 4-5 months of cash remaining. Now with Steem's help, I am back up to 8-9 months of cash reserves (including the expenses for my gf + her sister to go back to university this Oct).

I have many stress on me from many different angles (health cliff, financial cliff, career end cliff, etc). I am trying to navigate these. I had no really good plan B options (although some might develop soon). There is no family in the USA that will help me. I am on my own. I refuse to take handouts from the government or go on Obamacare. I'll die here instead of do that. I have my ethics. I have no place to live if I don't have money. No one will offer me a place to live (well @rpietila did in his castle in Estonia but that just seemed too weird and I don't function well in very cold climates, I get very depressed)

Do not assume I have 100% joined Steem(it). I am not sure yet my decision, but I will tell you that I have an awesome name for a competitor and it isn't Cooprate.com.

At the same time, I need to be realistic. If the open source momentum has entirely shifted to Steem(it) and I don't have any earthshattering secret advantages, then it may be suicidal to try to compete. But if I think Steem is going to fail and I determine that working within their structure provides no opportunity to make it succeed, then it makes sense to go compete.

I am still evaluating and my mind is spinning because I am also battling this illness at the same time. I am having some good energy now unlike last year. I am very upbeat but I've got to produce and pronto, so I can't always slow down to explain...

Btw, just want you all to know **it is Friday**. I was just informed that **it isn't Tuesday**. In my mind, Sunday was just 2 or 3 days ago.

I haven't had time to look at the clock at the lower right side of my computer. Sometimes I resist going to urinate because don't have time for that either. I can't remember when I last showered.

This has been a crazy period ever since I joined Steem(it) I think perhaps I've averaged only 4 - 5 hours sleep per day and something like 120 hours of work per week.

I do manage to get my daily 2.5 km run in. And the run is getting consistently better. So I am upbeat, but I still have light-headedness and other ups and downs of the physical condition. But it is nothing like totally debilitating like last year.  It is just a struggle sometimes to want to be at full blast and being at maybe 60 - 80% (like a slight headache, body might feel weak, stomach and feet may be inflamed). It is progressing. It is just daily battle. I am  not a hypochondriac. I am very tough guy. This shit is real. I battle it hard! Basically assume I am recovering from Multiple Sclerosis. How many people accomplish that! You don't know how depressing it is to every day have my body do some fucking weird thing that I can't stop. You have no idea what it is like to be sick every day of your life. But as I said, it is getting better. I am upbeat.

Any way, I don't need empathy. I shouldn't responded. The only thing that matters now is production from me. Period. I need my own body to perform. I need my will power and discipline.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 12, 2016, 09:27:45 AM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
August 12, 2016, 09:19:28 AM

Dude I thought you hated steemit.... now ur a regular user, becoming a whale and asking for votes? lololol what happened to steemit = pyramid scheme?  Cheesy
August 12, 2016, 02:50:06 AM

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@anonymint/re-arhag-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t061155865z

Also could someone consider downvoting this hater? I don't want downvote him because he might stalk me and revenge on me forever (which it seems he is already doing, as he has written nonsense in my last 3 blogs):

https://steemit.com/steem/@anonymint/who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2#@anonymint/re-sigmajin-re-anonymint-who-pays-for-the-blogging-and-curation-rewards-part-2-20160812t064552193z

P.S. when you load the page if the correct comment doesn't scroll up, just reload the page again. I've found that sometimes this works.
Pages:
Jump to: