Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 109. (Read 348532 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
August 27, 2016, 03:22:37 PM
awesome customer service smh Cry

you're responsible for your keys to begin with. so no need to blame anyone but yourself

you dont know what happened please shut the fuck up
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
August 26, 2016, 10:33:31 PM
thx you, password is wif key, i have forgotten that Smiley
Activity: 396
August 26, 2016, 09:06:32 PM
Hello, bonjour, la team Steemit Smiley

Nice blog you have!

Can not connect to my account.
This has happened : I tried to connect, could not log in, so I tried via faceboob as I was in hurry,
I can not even ask for a new psw now.

Tia

https://github.com/steemit/steem/issues/240
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
August 26, 2016, 04:31:02 PM
Hello, bonjour, la team Steemit Smiley

Nice blog you have!

Can not connect to my account.
This has happened : I tried to connect, could not log in, so I tried via faceboob as I was in hurry,
I can not even ask for a new psw now.

Tia

Activity: 343
August 26, 2016, 11:28:15 AM
i forgot my long password. is there any way to recover my account by email or facebook/reddit? need help please  Cry
https://steemit.com/steemit/@hien-tran/sip-lost-password-recovery
i got my password back  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 26, 2016, 08:33:41 AM
Heard of this just a couple of months back but never thought of it as a sort of mining.
Kind of concerning actually. Shocked
Activity: 396
August 26, 2016, 08:26:55 AM
i forgot my long password. is there any way to recover my account by email or facebook/reddit? need help please  Cry
https://steemit.com/steemit/@hien-tran/sip-lost-password-recovery
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
August 25, 2016, 03:01:33 PM
I still can not fucking believe it, i was in a bus today in my hometown Zagreb,Croatia and I saw a billboard commercial on the avenue about steemit.WTF  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

LOL could you post a picture?

Here it is
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
August 25, 2016, 02:04:58 PM
Looks like STEEM is in the bear market now Cheesy The question is - will STEEM recover after this?

I suspect not since it is a coin which uses mostly a POS mechanism for securing the blockchain.  The rewards in a POS system go to the biggest holders of the coin who keep the coins in a wallet i.e. the owners (founders) and big miners that attacked the POW phase which was almost and instamine (very quick).  So if you have millions of this coin you keep it in a wallet and the network will reward  you 100% of the coins yearly.  This means you double the amount of coins every year or more accurately know as 100% inflation.  With this kind of inflation you can dump 100% of the coins (theoretically) and still have the same amount of coins at the end of the year to dump them again.  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2016, 12:39:30 PM

you're responsible for your keys to begin with. so no need to blame anyone but yourself
August 25, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
August 25, 2016, 12:29:57 PM
Lost my password contacted Steem 2 days ago no answer to my email Angry Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 656
August 25, 2016, 11:06:53 AM
It was outright told by devs that there is no reason to hold STEEM,
inside the Steemit it's just a bridge between pegged Steem Dollars (for holding and exchanging to BTC and so on)  and Steem Power (to vote and earn more Steem Power).

The demand  for STEEM comes from those, who wants to increase their voting (Steem) power

Yes, and yet everyone is cheerleading when the market cap of the system increases, a market cap based on STEEM Cheesy
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
August 25, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
Looks like STEEM is in the bear market now Cheesy The question is - will STEEM recover after this?

It will recover, it is just getting started.  Crypto is all over the place so this is no surprise.

The difference is that STEEM holders are at disadvantage and are the first to be dumped on. The whole model of STEEM and Steem Power is kinda experimental in crypto space. It helped to pump the price earlier, but now it might backfire. On the flip side, more volatility is good for speculation.

It was outright told by devs that there is no reason to hold STEEM,
inside the Steemit it's just a bridge between pegged Steem Dollars (for holding and exchanging to BTC and so on)  and Steem Power (to vote and earn more Steem Power).

The demand  for STEEM comes from those, who wants to increase their voting (Steem) power
August 25, 2016, 10:31:59 AM

It will recover, it is just getting started.  Crypto is all over the place so this is no surprise.

The difference is that STEEM holders are at disadvantage and are the first to be dumped on. The whole model of STEEM and Steem Power is kinda experimental in crypto space. It helped to pump the price earlier, but now it might backfire. On the flip side, more volatility is good for speculation.
Activity: 756
August 25, 2016, 10:24:24 AM

Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
August 25, 2016, 10:21:24 AM
to recover STEEM needs strong demand,
founders should step up the marketing efforts as more and more competitors like eg Synerio getting on the crypto social media stage
August 25, 2016, 09:58:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 25, 2016, 07:58:09 AM
Hi, is it possible to create an ecommerce platform with the focus on the user being able to sell their copyrighted work for steemit? Buyers would be able to republish their content on their own site, blog or work without committing any copyright infringement or plagiarism. The copyrighting would be done using the blockchain so records are permanent and uneditable.

There has been some discussion about this sort of thing. One obstacle is that Steem currently pays rewards only for 30 days. That makes it a poor fit as the primary platform to monetize anything with longer-term economic viability.
Jump to: