Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 108. (Read 348532 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
August 29, 2016, 08:30:00 PM
how many STEEM was available to mine from the start? You cant mine anymore I know. I need an answer quickly please.
I am not sure but at 100% inflation it does not matter much.  The buyers here will get killed in no time, 100% POS coin is not good for investors.

It is not a set percentage rate. Basically something like 30 virtual steem gets generated every three seconds. Most of it is added to vesting pool. (Steem Power)
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
August 29, 2016, 08:23:25 PM
how many STEEM was available to mine from the start? You cant mine anymore I know. I need an answer quickly please.
I am not sure but at 100% inflation it does not matter much.  The buyers here will get killed in no time, 100% POS coin is not good for investors.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
August 29, 2016, 07:25:01 PM
Mining diff again went up, looks like someone again activated his botnet amazon machines or again POW exploit like the last time diff was 100x up
atm you need 3-4 days for a block/one steem with a desktop quad cpu, but the memory requirements are quite high

Rabbit returned. It's not the exploit because (s)he is not changing his/her WIF keys. Rabbit is probably running alot of Amazon or other VPS machines.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
August 29, 2016, 05:59:02 PM
Mining diff again went up, looks like someone again activated his botnet amazon machines or again POW exploit like the last time diff was 100x up
atm you need 3-4 days for a block/one steem with a desktop quad cpu, but the memory requirements are quite high
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2016, 12:25:49 PM
Only the Steemit Shills are making money on Steemit Blogs, pretty disgusting. The 1000 people signing up a day are obviously exploiters draining free Steem from new accounts sending price down. Invest with your time and creativity not your $$$.

You can draining free Steem's only with in 104 weeks so no way that new accounts sending price down.

well we all new it would get exploited,. What can be done to limit it though?

Absolutely nothing x]
shil accounts vpn's an many other methods can make it almost impossible to detect.

you need to earn something like 10x the account creation amount before you can start power down process.

yep, that's why it's absolutely retarded to register 100's of accounts. they're literally worthless
legendary
Activity: 963
Merit: 1002
August 29, 2016, 11:27:34 AM
Only the Steemit Shills are making money on Steemit Blogs, pretty disgusting. The 1000 people signing up a day are obviously exploiters draining free Steem from new accounts sending price down. Invest with your time and creativity not your $$$.

You can draining free Steem's only with in 104 weeks so no way that new accounts sending price down.

Absolutely nothing x]
shil accounts vpn's an many other methods can make it almost impossible to detect.

you need to earn something like 10x the account creation amount before you can start power down process.
Activity: 896
August 29, 2016, 07:41:22 AM

Absolutely nothing x]
legendary
Activity: 1372
August 29, 2016, 07:36:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
August 29, 2016, 07:26:54 AM

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 29, 2016, 06:51:01 AM
copper member
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
August 29, 2016, 06:44:18 AM
are you going to buy steem coin while its cheap?i think steem reached their lowest level and its time to buy more coin,but i have no btc right now  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1372
August 29, 2016, 04:38:21 AM
Activity: 896
August 28, 2016, 11:57:35 PM
People are saying @steemit is not a User but a mechanism thats a part of steem.

viktor.phuket41  ·  1 day ago
Hello @magnebit.. account @steemit its not a person (whale), its steemit account for support new users. But if you take look curation rewards of this acc u ill see that he never upvote. when u make new acc this acc steemit ill send for u 3 steem power for free.

https://steemit.com/meta/@steemit/firstpost#comments
[-]kewpiedoll52  ·  1 month ago
@steemit is not a "user," it's the actual site itself. and this was the premier post akin to Satoshi's white paper. See here. I just thought it was odd the CEO would downvote the launch of the site he's CEO of.

If it's true, many people (earlier investors who supported STEEM on it's way down) would start hating this entire venture. Price already dropped 50% in one week. Who in their right mind would buy it now with those huge walls pushing down? If it continues, a lot of folks would be writing for $0.01 in a month or so ...

Well its one or two thing the coins get distributed so people don't have to much power or we allow people to have tio much power pick of choose.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
August 28, 2016, 09:03:37 PM

Hello @magnebit.. account @steemit its not a person (whale), its steemit account for support new users. But if you take look curation rewards of this acc u ill see that he never upvote. when u make new acc this acc steemit ill send for u 3 steem power for free.

@steemit is not a "user," it's the actual site itself. and this was the premier post akin to Satoshi's white paper. See here. I just thought it was odd the CEO would downvote the launch of the site he's CEO of.

If it's true, many people (earlier investors who supported STEEM on it's way down) would start hating this entire venture. Price already dropped 50% in one week. Who in their right mind would buy it now with those huge walls pushing down? If it continues, a lot of folks would be writing for $0.01 in a month or so ...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 28, 2016, 02:27:45 PM
I read some very good quality postings over there. Any signs it could revolutionized the internet?

Yes, it's possible. steemit is a sweet site. I'd say it already has changed the internet. I won't use any new app or website unless they pay me in cryptocoins.

I am waiting for it to kill off Reddit and take on Facebook! But before that, Steemit needs to have more mainstream exposure.
Activity: 804
Merit: 500
DAO ↔ DApp
August 28, 2016, 02:05:15 PM

It's nice to see my appcoin on that list!

I read some very good quality postings over there. Any signs it could revolutionized the internet?

Yes, it's possible. steemit is a sweet site. I'd say it already has changed the internet. I won't use any new app or website unless they pay me in cryptocoins.

Activity: 804
Merit: 500
DAO ↔ DApp
August 28, 2016, 02:04:20 PM

Activity: 266
August 28, 2016, 11:10:04 AM
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 28, 2016, 08:21:21 AM

Activity: 396
August 28, 2016, 02:31:04 AM

https://steemit.com/steemit/@magnebit/steem-price-is-being-pushed-down-by-1-person-speculation-on-why-and-where-it-may-end-up

The market is being pushed down by the user @steemit. I don't think so.

All orders are placed at or above price on coin market cap. These orders are helping to maintain the steem dollar peg.

Proceeds of these sales are kept as steem dollars which keeps value in the platform while helping to distribute steem.

By @dantheman

That move is expected and In my opinion desired for the following reasons:

*It helps even redistribute Steem Power
*Keeps the price relatively low or what I'd consider normal for new users to buy in and invest

We are still in beta and everyone knows that the power holders(aka "whales) are few and hold most of the steem, if they "hold" on it, they will continue to be the most powerful ones in the platform so powering down is very nice of them as they are "giving up" on their influence to leave space for others to take the spot, making the system more fair.

By @minion

I prefer to think this action is part of a plan to better re-distribute Steem to a wider user base.

Suppressing the price is by far the most effective way to better re-distribute Steem. No-one will consider investing to become a whale if it costs them half a million dollars. Now if it costs them ten times cheaper, that's a more reasonable deal.

by @recursive

Jump to: