Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 15. (Read 348532 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
November 29, 2018, 11:52:33 AM
Ned Scott, CEO of Steemit, announced that it is laying off approximately 70% of its employees. This step was taken in connection with the weakening of crypto prices that occurred lately.
Activity: 250
Merit: 101
November 28, 2018, 07:22:56 AM
I find steemit a bit ''stiff'' and too rigid in its rules for someone who may just want to run a blog like we used to do with medium. Why should I power up to be able to post as much as I like?? Its like paying to be able to blog. The earning are not that great also and with the advent of bots upvoting posts, it seems like the system is not fair as the content is not upvoted on merit.

Old story here, but yeah the new RC system is not so fair, it looks like it is good just for the whales, so they can play around the network without the bother of the small/new users
True, not everyone is a whale and not everyone has funds laying around that they can use to power their account so that their content can be seen and earn. Content should not need to be backed by money but rather good content should be rated/upvoted according to merit. The current set up seems like a pyramid scheme!
I don't agree.  There's lots of curators that look for good content and upvote it.  Lots of people delegate their steem power to new contributors too.  It can be hard to get noticed at first but keep making good content and you will be.  Interacting with the community helps as well.
November 28, 2018, 07:17:08 AM
Any idea why steem is losing its monetary value as compared to SBD?
SBD is designed to be more stable than steem.  The peg to USD isn't strong though, so it has gone much higher and now, lower.  SBD is currently pegged to steem.  Its all quite complicated, but I read about it here https://steemit.com/steem/@buggedout/steem-dollar-peg-to-usd1-usd-is-broken-again-but-not-how-you-might-think
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
November 23, 2018, 04:56:12 AM
Any idea why steem is losing its monetary value as compared to SBD?
Activity: 770
Merit: 112
November 14, 2018, 04:26:43 PM

Interesting article - Crypto Will Go Mainstream in 2019: Here's Why by @bchainbastards

When thinking about the most important paradigm shifts of the 21st century the list certainly starts with the internet. For a long time, however, it seemed to only be useful to the tech savvy. It was only with internet 2.0 and the advent of social media and the user’s ability to create their own content that we started to see mass adoption penetration.

Read more: https://steemit.com/crypto/@bchainbastards/how-crypto-will-mainstream-in-2019
Activity: 347
Merit: 10
November 13, 2018, 08:54:14 AM
I find steemit a bit ''stiff'' and too rigid in its rules for someone who may just want to run a blog like we used to do with medium. Why should I power up to be able to post as much as I like?? Its like paying to be able to blog. The earning are not that great also and with the advent of bots upvoting posts, it seems like the system is not fair as the content is not upvoted on merit.

Old story here, but yeah the new RC system is not so fair, it looks like it is good just for the whales, so they can play around the network without the bother of the small/new users
True, not everyone is a whale and not everyone has funds laying around that they can use to power their account so that their content can be seen and earn. Content should not need to be backed by money but rather good content should be rated/upvoted according to merit. The current set up seems like a pyramid scheme!
Activity: 99
Merit: 14
November 13, 2018, 06:58:04 AM

Activity: 347
November 12, 2018, 12:52:17 PM
November 10, 2018, 04:26:53 PM
If you open the Vessel Wallet for STEEM and attempt to start off with a new username, the checking process to make sure the username is not already taken goes on forever.

How to open an account with the Vessel Wallet and get a new username without the checking process lasting forever?Huh

Please help.

Thanks.

Maybe it could help you some articles written on this topic, about Vessel Wallets! There are some interesting ones, on Steemit, and you may be able to find the answer you need https://steemit.com/steem-project/@jesta/vessel-pre-release-looking-for-feedback !
Activity: 552
Merit: 110
November 06, 2018, 07:01:15 PM
If you open the Vessel Wallet for STEEM and attempt to start off with a new username, the checking process to make sure the username is not already taken goes on forever.

How to open an account with the Vessel Wallet and get a new username without the checking process lasting forever?Huh

Please help.

Thanks.
October 26, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

Great explanation of resource credits for beginners: Steem Basics: Resource Credit System for Beginners by @steemitblog

Steem’s Resource Credit system is a state-of-the-art, market-based system, which ensures that the amount of resources consumed by users is sustainable and scalable by requiring that those who consume the most resources have the most skin-in-the-game.

Read on Steemit: https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/steem-basics-rc-system-for-beginners
October 23, 2018, 08:58:36 PM
--snip--

Are you a developer?

Vote for steem to win a 30k usd listing!

http://contest.gonetcoins.com

Cngratulations!  Steem won this listing.

HF20 done, SMT is due in 2019, just wondering whether steem is good bet or not?
Read some articles that says dan and ned are not in good terms and dan is preparing to giving blow to steem.
October 23, 2018, 01:57:03 PM

SMT Development Update: 2nd Burnup

Hello Steemians, we’re back this week with news on the latest progress toward SMTs. The team is getting back in the groove and has completed two user stories this week. In addition to these weekly reports, you can follow along on our GitHub project organization and tracking system for SMT development which is (usually) updated daily.

SMTs are going to be the oxygen of the crypto world. Learn more about our latest progress on SMTs here: https://steemit.com/smts/@steemitblog/smt-development-update-2nd-burnup
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
October 18, 2018, 08:34:16 PM
Vote for steem to win a 30k usd listing!

http://contest.gonetcoins.com
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 03:01:46 AM
I was looking to find a good windows / android wallet for steem.
any help???

Binance App
Activity: 136
October 08, 2018, 05:23:00 AM
I was looking to find a good windows / android wallet for steem.
any help???
October 07, 2018, 01:17:02 AM
--snip---

This has now been fixed. They've put through five patches, LOL, but it seems to be working smoothly again.

Yes , it is fixed now  but definitely Steemit is no longer a platform for a struggling blogger who does not want to invest. With all the comment restriction in place (if you are not investing in it.) you will not be able to build any relationship.
In short, I think a blockchain powered blogging platform is a big failure now.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 04, 2018, 11:57:45 AM
Look like HF20 made my profile useless

RC Params
Rc manabar   
current_mana   -1,190,298,002,628,546
last_update_time   1,537,861,371
estimated_mana   -1,190,295,144,624,207
estimated_max   30,311,741,980
estimated_pct   -3926845.07%
Max rc creation adjustment   
amount   500
precision   3
nai   @@000000021

With these numbers , what is the amount of Steem power , do I require so that I am able to post again?   .

Stupid peoples. created the post https://steemit.com/steem/@steemitblog/blockchain-update-4-resource-credit-implementation-details but did not told about any numbers and amount of Steem power I need now.

This has now been fixed. They've put through five patches, LOL, but it seems to be working smoothly again.
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
September 30, 2018, 03:42:17 PM
Hi, is there Steemit bookmarklet similar to Bloggers "Blog This" bookmarklet that allows you to insert highlighted text from other page into a new post?
I've found this: https://steemit.com/steemdev/@eaposztrof/customsubmit-steem-it-bookmarklet-script-released but I'm not even sure if it's what I'm looking for and it does' work anyway.
Thanks in advance.
September 26, 2018, 01:13:18 AM
Just wait for the system to be properly implemented.  Looks like most of us can't use it right now but that will obviously change.
Pages:
Jump to: