Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 63. (Read 348532 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Guys, whats happened to price and rewards?(( why they are going down?

The fact that Steem and Steem dollar deposits and withdrawals on Polo have been "temporarily disabled" for the most part since the last hardfork, probably isn't helping the price much.. Plus, the alts market as a whole has been pretty bearish the last couple of weeks.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Guys, whats happened to price and rewards?(( why they are going down?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Congratulations devs, you killed Steemit. After hard fork 19 platform is officially dead. Nobody can vote, whales only vote for themselves and each other. People who write quality blogs can't even be noticed. You need to publish HF20 asap if you want to save the platform.

Can you go a bit more into detail.

I would consider myself as a ""quality"" blog with little traction. But I have a feeling I am doing better after HF19 than before.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
Congratulations devs, you killed Steemit. After hard fork 19 platform is officially dead. Nobody can vote, whales only vote for themselves and each other. People who write quality blogs can't even be noticed. You need to publish HF20 asap if you want to save the platform.

What do you mean nobody can vote? People already vote hundreds of times daily.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
Activity: 70
Activity: 112
Hi,

I've just signed up for a steemit account but just read somewhere that at the moment it is taking quite along time for accounts to be approved. I also read that if you already have an existing social media following then you are likely to get your account approved faster. I have over 7100 real and active followers on instagram and also over 3700 on twitter. Between pinterest, flickr, tumblr, bloglovin I also have a further 4000 followers more or less. That's roughly 15,000 followers across all social networks.

Can someone point me in the right direction of a dev who I can contact to hopefully speed the process up?

Thanks!
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
Steemit is now so much used that sometimes the website freezes, and I heard rumors that new signups are delayed, there are so many signups now /day that there were in total in the past.

It's crazy how big Steemit got. It was a good decision joining it early.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX

How much did you spend to become a witness and what is your income now as a witness?
I wonder if become a witness is profitable or just a status symbol.

Right now I'm using a server in Germany that cost like $40 a month.  KLYE helped me get set up and I gave him a tip.

It isn't profitable right now, but I think once I build up a following + trust that we will help spin the STEEM network... maybe it will make some money for my team.

We won't know if we don't try!

I don't think we've even found a block yet.  

Please consider voting for us (@BayAreaCoins & @Kyle). You have to manually type my name in at the bottom of the list.

FreeBitcoins.com is about to launch a Steemit campaign this week... I'll post with updates.

HI I will vote for you.  Maybe you want to help me out as well with a vote.  I want to clear the inactive Witnesses from 50-100 out of the list to have more active witnesses like us inside.

https://steemit.com/witness/@christbkk/intent-to-become-a-witness

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

How much did you spend to become a witness and what is your income now as a witness?

Right now I'm using a server in Germany that cost like $40 a month.  KLYE helped me get set up and I gave him a tip.

It isn't profitable right now, but I think once I build up a following + trust that we will help spin the STEEM network... maybe it will make some money for my team.

We won't know if we don't try!

I don't think we've even found a block yet.  

Please consider voting for us (@BayAreaCoins & @Kyle). You have to manually type my name in at the bottom of the list.

FreeBitcoins.com is about to launch a Steemit campaign this week... I'll post with updates.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello,

I'm new steemit member, former eSports and Poker pro, here is my last post

"Non stop advertising of Steemit will not make Steemit Great if You do it without a Soul"

https://steemit.com/steemit/@xenitron/non-stop-advertising-of-steemit-will-not-make-steemit-great-if-you-do-it-without-a-soul

and my introduceyouself post

https://steemit.com/steemit/@xenitron/steemit-is-the-future-my-story-of-time-travel-esports-and-poker-pro

Follow me if you like My Story  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
So I made a trading bot for Steem's internal market.

Apparently after testing, now my bot nor I can no longer make a trade because I can't broadcast it.
Was I limited from trading or something?

You need to power up more SP or reduce your trading volume. In place of transaction fees, each account is limited to only broadcasting transactions at a rate proportional to SP (per week).

If you do nothing for a while your available bandwidth will recover and you will be able to broadcast again.
Activity: 100
Well thank you Smiley)

However my point here is not to sound spammy like if im trying to get upvotes through this forum lol. My point is to understand how some posts have huge visibility, and some dont. Steemit is quite new and doesn't have the volume of Youtube for example.So if a post get 2000-3000 views is good on Steemit.
Of course, upvotes make you be in the "hot" or "trending" category and gives your post more visibility etc.. But a person that is new and posts amazing stuff is treated unfairly i think.
I believe in Steemit really. People have to focus on good content, and stop seeing steemit as a cash cow only. Not that it's bad, but it would be bad for it to have the wrong etiquette.

Thank you all and be well

Money sometimes has a strange way of turning 'good' content into 'mediocre' content in my opinion.  The previous algorithms tended to encourage 'pilling on' and voting for popular content in an effort to maximize the curation rewards.  My hope is that this will gradually straighten out as people learn more about the changes from the latest fork.  I've noticed that there has been a lot of progress and changes with efforts being made to improve the system to try to balance things out.  In some ways the technical side of the issue can only go so far and it going to take a bit of community effort to focus on upvoting content from the less visible authors.

There are also many "influencers" who are helping out new content-creators.

For example:

https://steemit.com/deutsch/@twinner/operation-schieberegler-operation-slider

https://steemit.com/steemit/@joanaltres/your-post-resteemed-to-over-7000-people-for-some-of-my-followers-who-are-the-struggling-newbies-and-minnows
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Well thank you Smiley)

However my point here is not to sound spammy like if im trying to get upvotes through this forum lol. My point is to understand how some posts have huge visibility, and some dont. Steemit is quite new and doesn't have the volume of Youtube for example.So if a post get 2000-3000 views is good on Steemit.
Of course, upvotes make you be in the "hot" or "trending" category and gives your post more visibility etc.. But a person that is new and posts amazing stuff is treated unfairly i think.
I believe in Steemit really. People have to focus on good content, and stop seeing steemit as a cash cow only. Not that it's bad, but it would be bad for it to have the wrong etiquette.

Money sometimes has a strange way of turning 'good' content into 'mediocre' content in my opinion.  The previous algorithms tended to encourage 'pilling on' and voting for popular content in an effort to maximize the curation rewards.  My hope is that this will gradually straighten out as people learn more about the changes from the latest fork.  I've noticed that there has been a lot of progress and changes with efforts being made to improve the system to try to balance things out.  In some ways the technical side of the issue can only go so far and it going to take a bit of community effort to focus on upvoting content from the less visible authors.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
What you think guys.

Keep calm and Steem! Finally after some time author of such beautiful post start getting deserved rewards.
Activity: 70
Well thank you Smiley)

Pages:
Jump to: