Pages:
Author

Topic: Stellar - page 88. (Read 521248 times)

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
August 13, 2014, 01:03:40 AM
I had 2 confirmed facebook accounts, one of them has not be accepted.
Even if someone has hundreds of accounts, this doesn't mean that all of them will be accepted Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 13, 2014, 12:44:26 AM
Price is way manipulated.. that premine got to greedy hands or some hacker has millions.. i saw a bot sistematically selling chunks of 20k - 40k every few seconds thats why now it has this price.. dont invest on this.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-stellar-stellar-distribution-revealed-premine-scam-734017

There were people in the first days of Stellar that already acquired 10+ million.  The third largest wallet is Justabit (which was the only exchange at the time) but there were somewhere like 10 - 30 people who had amounts over 1 million.

Professional blackhat hackers with hundreds of FB accounts.  Inside traders (Stellar employees or additional investors?).  Guys telling people in India / China and paying them $2 to send them Stellar.

Really this coin is a big turd.  You have Stellar-Stripe's 99.7 billion premine and then all the cheats who acquired millions of Stellar through unscrupulous means.  I'm surprised that people are throwing money into this coin but lemmings are lemmings, probably the same people who lost money on Aurora and Mastercoin.

Yeah hehe , i think some people got millions in the first two days when there was no necessary to have an auth facebook account.. even those people who sell "likes" how many accounts do you think they have? hundreds
Activity: 249
August 13, 2014, 12:41:35 AM
many posts here,Jed have done a good job!

As it is now, I am not even certain we should call Stellar a cryptocurrency.

It is a token under the absolute centralized control of a private organization. Adopters have to trust a third party to manage the distribution and network. This is entirely at odds to Satoshi's vision of a trustless, decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency.

Stellar Foundation and by extension, Stellar, is centralized, bureaucratic and authoritarian, just like the Federal Reserve. Unlike the Federal Reserve, however, there is no one empowered to audit their performance. Adopters have to trust them to make decisions on their behalf.

For all intents and purpose, in my humble opinion, Stellar is closer to Linden Dollars that it is to Bitcoin.

Yes. you are right and you should be certain  Wink

Stellar is a payment gateway and the managing entity wants to earn by charging fees. But they have to pretend to be cryptocurrency, because they need internal currency with some (manipulated) value.

I'm sorry the bubble popped so early. Maybe we can see another one. People are stupid enough. Actually the price bubbles bring some hype (on the positive side for Stellar) but mostly they are extremely harmful for the distribution of stellars, people getting less and less and feel cheated
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 13, 2014, 12:29:40 AM
Price is way manipulated.. that premine got to greedy hands or some hacker has millions.. i saw a bot sistematically selling chunks of 20k - 40k every few seconds thats why now it has this price.. dont invest on this.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-stellar-stellar-distribution-revealed-premine-scam-734017

There were people in the first days of Stellar that already acquired 10+ million.  The third largest wallet is Justabit (which was the only exchange at the time) but there were somewhere like 10 - 30 people who had amounts over 1 million.

Professional blackhat hackers with hundreds of FB accounts.  Inside traders (Stellar employees or additional investors?).  Guys telling people in India / China and paying them $2 to send them Stellar.

Really this coin is a big turd.  You have Stellar-Stripe's 99.7 billion premine and then all the cheats who acquired millions of Stellar through unscrupulous means.  I'm surprised that people are throwing money into this coin but lemmings are lemmings, probably the same people who lost money on Aurora and Mastercoin.

Activity: 462
August 13, 2014, 12:19:21 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
August 12, 2014, 11:15:29 PM
It's so sad I never get it. Angry

Have you registered to stellar and got your fb account connected and verified ? People in wait list group will get their cut in the next week / month so all you need is just keep waiting
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
August 12, 2014, 09:03:07 PM
So cheap Stellar  Tongue
In fact, i'm buying and buying and buying. It's sad that dumpers just care about immediate gains and not about future value, specially with those big names on board!

Cheap is relative. What is Stellar good for beside speculation?

As for people who hold out for long term value, litecoin is a good example of what will happen to people who get too greedy.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
August 12, 2014, 08:40:47 PM
So cheap Stellar  Tongue
In fact, i'm buying and buying and buying. It's sad that dumpers just care about immediate gains and not about future value, specially with those big names on board!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2014, 07:44:52 PM
So cheap Stellar  Tongue
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
August 12, 2014, 06:53:32 PM
I have done with stellar got it sell it and finish it.

Hope you all do the same.

At what price did you get out? Any particle reason for cashing out so early?
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001
August 12, 2014, 06:38:23 PM
It's so sad I never get it. Angry
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
August 12, 2014, 05:42:33 PM
The second I got it I dumped all 6000 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 12, 2014, 05:36:34 PM

+1 Grin Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
August 12, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

Activity: 479
August 12, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
anyone know much about the security of the online stellar wallet system? does it use some sort of info to verify you other than login credentials? is there a way to enable 2FA?

https://stellartalk.org/topic/569-request-add-two-factor-authentication-to-stellarorg/
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
August 12, 2014, 01:23:59 PM
anyone know much about the security of the online stellar wallet system? does it use some sort of info to verify you other than login credentials? is there a way to enable 2FA?

No, there is no 2FA and if they don't want to centralize it, then there won't be a way to implement it!
Activity: 479
August 12, 2014, 01:21:04 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 260
August 12, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
Someone was posting about all the free stellar you can get if you just sign up for a wallet.  Well I signed up and bam I couldn't get ANYTHING for signing up.  Just a word of warning in case anyone else is thinking of doing the same.  I even tried to get just a little via Facebook but it said I had a "spam" Facebook account (which it's not).

Maybe your facebook account is too new or your have only a couple of friends therefore it's not considered a qualified account.
The stellar distribution at the moment should be stopped, there are several thousands of users waiting for their share.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 12, 2014, 01:07:31 PM
Someone was posting about all the free stellar you can get if you just sign up for a wallet.  Well I signed up and bam I couldn't get ANYTHING for signing up.  Just a word of warning in case anyone else is thinking of doing the same.  I even tried to get just a little via Facebook but it said I had a "spam" Facebook account (which it's not).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
August 12, 2014, 01:07:19 PM
another chart , check it out  Roll Eyes

Pages:
Jump to: