Pages:
Author

Topic: [Stellar Lumens] (STR/XLM) What we know so far about and why its price went up. - page 4. (Read 54500 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Visual explanation ;

Just saw on twitter ;
https://twitter.com/vncenj/status/861352428557529088

Someone pumps , pumps,  margin trades, puts high stocks and makes people go above it , pushes market up then removes high amount.
This is being done to Doge,XMR, Sia etc for several days more and more.

Then starts ddos attack and takes all the money, dumps and goes. Polo just try to recover servers and keeps on like nothing was happened.

They know who that someone is. They have his money (got stolen from everyone) in their wallet.

Someone made maybe millions in minutes and Poloniex just watched (i hope)
They have to prevent manipulations either by limiting transactions with bots (per ip , per api , per user , per hour etc. ) , they should limit amounts by previous transactions,

If they are not working together with that man they must do something to prevent this and block the account, and then sue using the data they have.

However i'm taking my money to my wallet and sit and watch what will happen. I can only play when the game is fair.

I think people DDOsd the exchange.

Right before they DDOsd it they dumped to trigger all the stop limit sell orders.

Profit lol. But it will go back up.

After yesterday's craze, my stop sell limit did not get triggered, probably the dump was too fast.

Instead of taking in 2.5x return, I only cashed out about 1.5x return. Still OK i guess.

Now my money is stuck in "Awaiting Approval" after last night. This has never happened before and the sum i'm trying to withdraw isn't above the daily limit either.

Do you think they put everyone's money in "Awaiting Approval" after the DDOS incident? Or am I just unlucky ?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
So, everybody, let's take the bitcoin tech and give it back to the banks. Let's create a future where we're about to go to [insert big bank name here] and ask it to manage our bitcoins, because, why not?  Roll Eyes

Ripple feels so much like Orwellian doublespeak.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

However i'm taking my money to my wallet and sit and watch what will happen. I can only play when the game is fair.

Yeah, only in last 2 months what I can remember, XRP pump to 7k website issue dump to 2k scam, big pump & delisting scam and today same as XRP scam, pump, web down, dump.
It looks like not only your money should be in different alts, but also different trade platforms.
Activity: 4
Visual explanation ;

Just saw on twitter ;
https://twitter.com/vncenj/status/861352428557529088

Someone pumps , pumps,  margin trades, puts high stocks and makes people go above it , pushes market up then removes high amount.
This is being done to Doge,XMR, Sia etc for several days more and more.

Then starts ddos attack and takes all the money, dumps and goes. Polo just try to recover servers and keeps on like nothing was happened.

They know who that someone is. They have his money (got stolen from everyone) in their wallet.

Someone made maybe millions in minutes and Poloniex just watched (i hope)
They have to prevent manipulations either by limiting transactions with bots (per ip , per api , per user , per hour etc. ) , they should limit amounts by previous transactions,

If they are not working together with that man they must do something to prevent this and block the account, and then sue using the data they have.

Right before they DDOsd it they dumped to trigger all the stop limit sell orders.

Profit lol. But it will go back up.

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Be a NEMber- nem.io
Poloniex just crashed right at the dump biggest heist ever conducted
The more I read about Stellar the more interesting it looks.

Deloitte, Parkway Projects and Tempo are supporting it, and building projects on top of it.

These are HUGE companies.

The price increase might not be all insider trading and hype after all. It seems solid even.
Merit: 500
Actually banks don't use ripple, they are just testing it now in pilot programs. But banks toy with alot of blockchain projects so that's not a big deal. Problem for investors in these XRP tokens is, it's just a gamble. Ripple makes alot of money because they own most of the tokens and they dumped already hundred of million $ worth of tokens. Plus, banks don't buy XRP to use ripple's ledger. The point to use ripple's technology is to save costs, it would be stupid of them to buy tokens.

So it's just the speculators that gamble with it. Nothing really changed since xrp was at 250 mil cap. Keep in mind that bank will not really trust ripple to "hold the ledger", so if it proves to be a success, they will just clone ripple and use it. What would be the point to use ripple and depend on it for transactions / ledger ?

For example, a bank that is using ripple ( bbva ) for a pilot program will also be an EEA member, so you see my point. They will test it, and then the most likely outcome is to create a bank consortium and give up on ripple.
Activity: 4
Correction, Stellar is a VC that wants to support banks, it is not, even if a bank said they were interested tomorrow, it doesnt support a 500M market cap.  Ripple has some banks testing it and they are big banks, but most of them so far were also testing Ethereum and chose Ethereum.  Ripple is in no way worth $6Billion right now though it doesn have some potential worth considering.  Ripple was also cofounded by Mark Karpeles, let that mountain sink in.  Look, unless a new option comes up that has an overwhelming advantage over ETH, its not going to uproot ETH stronghold on the market, ETH is becoming the defacto standard in 2nd gen, smart contract and distributed app blockchain, none of these alternate second gen coin have a hope in hell right now of getting any significant (real customer base and income) market share in this arena.  The short of it is my opinion on your opinion is that there is no announcement that Stellar could be about to make that is worth $500M.

That said, I have been day trading STR and Ripple both and I really appreciate the ride, it has lined my wallet well.  But I am turning that money right back around into ETH and a couple of blockchain storage coins for the the long win.

Yes I invested in time. I now hold double my money. If price keeps going, I will buy more during this week. Hope this is not a pump and news will be backed by the price rise!

If my prediction is correct, it will probably surpass Ripple. It has already surpassed it in 24 hour trading volume.

But the news might not come very soon, probably the investors still want to buy more before the actual announcement.

This has always been the case with insider trading. People making millions from pre-buying a coin when it was cheap before anyone else knows about the coin.
Activity: 588
Crypto is Life!
Yes I invested in time. I now hold double my money. If price keeps going, I will buy more during this week. Hope this is not a pump and news will be backed by the price rise!
i heard from someone, i do not rember his name though that str and xrp are nothing but toys of btc whales. I am not sure , i just heard. He said that xrp went very high without any news of improvement. Is that true? Or what are the news that drive the price too high ? It is almost obvious that str always follow xrp. May be I am wrong but I saw many times

This is not really correct. XRP is going sky high because of news of banks supporting it.

STR has yet to have these news, but they're made by the same developer and they're aimed at doing the same thing "platform that connects banks, payments systems, and people".

My bet is that we'll be seeing some big STR news in the near future. Let's see if I'm right.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
i heard from someone, i do not rember his name though that str and xrp are nothing but toys of btc whales. I am not sure , i just heard. He said that xrp went very high without any news of improvement. Is that true? Or what are the news that drive the price too high ? It is almost obvious that str always follow xrp. May be I am wrong but I saw many times
As the price keeps rising I think more and more that my theory is correct.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Ripple
We know that Ripple and Stellar Lumens are made by the same developer and that Ripple price went extremely high up from before there was an announcement about banks supporting Ripple. Insider trading most likely. Buy the insider rumours, sell the news.

There are no news yet of STR but what we've seen these past 4 days is a much higher increase in price and volume than Ripple had.

What explanation other for STRs massive increase in price could there be than the same Insider Trading theory?

Of course the hype now sorrounds it and people are wanting to get in, but the initial increase was so sudden, that some people with a lot of bitcoins must have bought incredibly huge volumes of it.
Then the hype followed.
What do you guys think ?
Pages:
Jump to: