Pages:
Author

Topic: Stick to altcoins or switch to Bitcoin or stablecoins? - page 9. (Read 1154 times)

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
Some alts will recover when the market is back, if you are holding some of the top alts rest assured they will recover back when the market is looking good again, but if you want you can exchange to btc or stablecoins.  however, there is a possibility the market won't go any lower than already is, you may end up buying higher if the market the go below as you expect it.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 887
If what you are holding on to is a good altcoin, I would suggest sticking with an altcoin, because surely these altcoins can come back even if it takes time. Don't just convert to stable coins, because we don't know and maybe after we convert the altcoin prices turn up.
Although we believe in these altcoins, there must be careful consideration in investing them, considering that market conditions do not always have opportunities for altcoins, but the altcoins you mention are coins that have a good level of stability, they just need to wait for time to move better.
Activity: 534
Merit: 19
Market is witnessing some gradual dumps and it's a know fact that altcoins will bleed more than bitcoin and they will be stable or recover only when bitcoin recovers and pumps. So will it be wise to hold on to Altcoin or switch to Bitcoin or convert the funds into stablecoins and wait for market to either start recovering or to dump further to buy more in order to reach breakthrough for the lose which we might have incurred till now.
Im a small time investor and I really like how alts can turn x2 or even up to 100x when you pick a right coin. Im in alts because of this of which I know BTC can't do as its too late for me. The dumps however are hard to predict and its downfall are far worse that BTC has. Its just a matter of knowledge when to sell and buy.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Market is witnessing some gradual dumps and it's a know fact that altcoins will bleed more than bitcoin and they will be stable or recover only when bitcoin recovers and pumps. So will it be wise to hold on to Altcoin or switch to Bitcoin or convert the funds into stablecoins and wait for market to either start recovering or to dump further to buy more in order to reach breakthrough for the lose which we might have incurred till now.
Converting to stable coin could be the worst mistake or worst decision to make. It's best to hold on to both Bitcoin and altcoins thereby diversifying your portfolio. As the market keeps dumping it's best to look out for more buying opportunities for both although most altcoin might never recover again but for Bitcoin there are chances we get back a new bull run sooner
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
Usually, for me, it will depend on the Alts projects you have invested in. I have some Alts in my wallets that have been going down too just like the rest of the market but I am not too worried because one, this is the current market trend and two, I believe they are good projects that can easily rebound when the market completes its correction so it all depends on your judgment of your invested projects.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
If what you are holding on to is a good altcoin, I would suggest sticking with an altcoin, because surely these altcoins can come back even if it takes time. Don't just convert to stable coins, because we don't know and maybe after we convert the altcoin prices turn up.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

I just want to add more something about your topic dude, actually We already entered into altcoins season right now, where most of the altcoins as you can see got dumped their price value in the market, were it is a good chance for us to buy them then hold in the long term or short term until the right time to increase comes up in the future. But of course, We still need to be wise in choosing altcoins in the exchange.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 10
I think I would be switching to bitcoin and if there are still spare money that I could expend is buy my self a nice and stable alts out there. It is better to spread your investments. Don't put your eggs a single basket they say.
maybe for now for me it's better to save usdt first, bitcoin is still in a sharp decline for next month, what's more, before Christmas has arrived there will certainly be redness in all markets. which has happened before Christmas before. the bitcoin chart is still in a continuous decline.?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I prefers exchanging my Altcoins to fiat in the period of price dump, just like what we are presently experiencing in the market, implications of sticking with Altcoins during red is very obvious losses will definitely be incurred, portfolio will drop massively and even my bitcoin is also exchanged to a stable coin, I always wait till when market resume it bullish sentiment then I start buying again, though some long term hodlers might sticked with their Altcoins with a good future  outlook.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I think I would be switching to bitcoin and if there are still spare money that I could expend is buy my self a nice and stable alts out there. It is better to spread your investments. Don't put your eggs a single basket they say.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I currently stick with altcoins though I still hold my bitcoins since I know it will save my ass in the future. Bitcoin has already proven itself to be a valuable long-term asset, that it'd be a complete waste if I sell my coins at a highly discounted rate. If you want to still make moves in the market, stick with altcoins, otherwise, just stay still and hold bitcoins for the future. Stablecoins can only do so much, and is really not an amazing asset to hold IMO that you're wasting your money just by holding it.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
You got it correct on the first sentence about how the markets behave based on your experience, so if you believe the market will keep going down further why should the option to hold altcoin even exists. One of the few options left for you is to just simply convert to Bitcoin to prevent the highly volatile altcoin. But for freakin sake, if you truly believe and speculate the bull is ending, you should immediately convert your funds to a stable coin as of now, and then keep DCA-ing if the market keeps getting down. Anyway, the choice is yours, so just think over about your risk management in regard to which option is the most suitable for your own.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 887
In my opinion there is no relationship between keeping altcoins when the market is bleeding, all existing coins will also have an effect when the market is corrected, then whether bitcoin has a level of security if conditions are like this, how is it possible if both have a relationship we have to let go of one of them, the right move we are waiting for time to recover, to resell the coins we have.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

If you're planning to make profit out of Bitcoin bull market, then those choices you mentioned are of no help (depends on how you execute and manage your asset) most of those who have done this has failed to maximize their profit. Why would you want to complicate things out by selling your Btc when you could simply hold it and be patient with how the market has been doing lately. That way your Btc is much safer than moving them all over and monitoring the price.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
Well with Bitcoin, you wouldn't worry about gradual dumps. Just don't get into whale's trap and you and your emotion would be fine.
If you're for the long term, go with Bitcoin obviously.  Just call your stablecoins if you're all good with your holdings already. Just don't "hold" your stablecoins for too long though as you might worry about your funds getting frozen.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 738
I think there is no need to change Altcoins to bitcoin, if what you say is that when bitcoin goes up, altcoins will automatically follow itself, the current condition of almost all existing coins corrects itself, then why do we switch to bitcoin, isn't it bitcoin? yourself is also going through a period of correction, don't panic with conditions like this, it will recover itself in time.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
Hold Bitcoin and good altcoins as well because personally I prefer to have them on my wallet especially the market is down right not and its too risky to hold or invest any shit tokens, better to invest on top options so they can protect your money since they have the supporters and we know that they can easily rise once the market is on a recovery mode.
Activity: 546
Merit: 148
Bitcoin and stable coin is not an option for me, it's an unwise decision because at the stage, many Altcoins have bled and are -80% to 90% down from their all time high, it will be so difficult to make back such gains that have been lost, it's either you sell half and divert that into bitcoin and hold together with the Altcoin or sell small portion of your Altcoins portfolio and wait for more dip buy more, it will make sense that way.
Also, it will be difficult to make son much gainsbgrom bitcoin except you have hundreds or thousands to invest in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
Choose stable coins if you think the dump will continue, or if you are unsure to hold it for the long term.

The market may experience more downtrends, that's normal because correction would normally come after a bull run and it seems like it is what we are witnessing now. Just chill out, think wisely as I don't want to see investors or traders panic because they are not so familiar with the market behavior of crypto.
Activity: 742
Merit: 30
I think all these are matter of choice and mindset, some traders stick to Bitcoin while some keep holding their altcoins. But what I really do is to hold some usdt or BUSD and wait for more dump in the market then I buy my crypto coin of choice then sell when market recover.
Pages:
Jump to: