Pages:
Author

Topic: Still HODLing? There must be better way! - page 3. (Read 894 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 02:20:01 PM
What you suggest isn't anything new, and is something certain people are already doing, but without much success.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 23, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
There are surely more profitable ways in addition to holding but if you believe in the coin then hodling is safe and the best way for me.
Well, you could do short term trading when the price rises up even little bit. You can sell it afterwards and then wait the price is down again. That's a common way to earn money on short term, although it would have higher risk than hodl.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 02:07:26 PM
There are surely more profitable ways in addition to holding but if you believe in the coin then hodling is safe and the best way for me.
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
August 22, 2018, 03:55:10 PM
Rebalancing is like stealing candy from a baby. You guys need to take a look at this!

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/crypto-investors-want-free-money-stop-hodling-30f547130266

I have some references to that strategy, and as far as I am aware, some investment projects in cryptocurrencies such as Crypto20 claim to be using it, with relatively good results. I personally am not interested in this strategy because throughout my career as a trader I have focused on very few options when it comes to investing, and I prefer to study each cryptocurrency with dedication to have some degree of certainty in its future behavior, before to hold a lot of them to make my gains depend on the laws of probability.

Here is a good article that details a comparison between HODL and rebalancing: https://hackernoon.com/rebalance-vs-hodl-a-technical-analysis-6f341b0db9cd

Just to be clear, rebalancing does not select the assets for you. You still need to select the assets you wish to have in your portfolio. So, you get to do the research and make sure your portfolio holds the assets you want to hold. Some services like Crypto20 automatically select the portfolio, but services like Shrimpy do not.
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
August 22, 2018, 02:48:11 PM
Rebalancing is like stealing candy from a baby. You guys need to take a look at this!

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/crypto-investors-want-free-money-stop-hodling-30f547130266

I have some references to that strategy, and as far as I am aware, some investment projects in cryptocurrencies such as Crypto20 claim to be using it, with relatively good results. I personally am not interested in this strategy because throughout my career as a trader I have focused on very few options when it comes to investing, and I prefer to study each cryptocurrency with dedication to have some degree of certainty in its future behavior, before to hold a lot of them to make my gains depend on the laws of probability.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I think you should not keep holding the coin at this point, the market is in the bearish trend in the long run so to be able to trade success is very difficult, if you continue to hold the coin you will damage very heavy. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply in the coming days and you will be able to make a huge loss if you keep going.

In the coming day. To hodl means you have to look past the bear season which may very well take months to recover. Of course even in this kind of market there will be opportunities to buy and sell but if you're not much of an efficient trader, forget your coins and check it back next year.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10

I think you should not keep holding the coin at this point, the market is in the bearish trend in the long run so to be able to trade success is very difficult, if you continue to hold the coin you will damage very heavy. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply in the coming days and you will be able to make a huge loss if you keep going.
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
Yes of course, still holding because it is a better way and choice to do
because the value of coins or investments in the market is still can’t makes you profitable enough in this business.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
What way? Please share your knowledge so we can also improve but if you're referring to day trading i think that's useless, as far as i know only few of millions that does trading everyday succeeded. So holding might not be much but after some time with risking all you have there's only two options loss or win it's your call if you want to proceed into risking or taking it back to use it.
Next time try to read the OP first before posting because seems like your out of context since OP put the link to support his Thread

Heres the Link that you should read and learn but looks like diversified formatting

But i will try to study if this are two different thing the diversify and this one
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
well   i think u can   hold  but with more risky way that may make u poor or rich   Grin

simply sell high and buy low   
for example u are holding an alt coin  and it started to dip   sell to btc  and when dip over  rebuy  it  and u will gain more coins

but u may lose also  since the market can play u and the coin may go  up  while u sold  Grin

its too nervous and stressful    tried it and failed   Grin

but ik many ppl  gained money  and other saved their capital

Hi iillaa,

This is exactly what Shrimpy does, automatically. Rebalancing is a strategy where you automate the process of selling high and buying low. There is no stress involved and no manual trading. This is why Shrimpy was so successful over the last year. The volatile market compounded those gains every time it sold high and bought low.

Shrimpy Team
Now its given that you're advertising this site just that,well i see lots of this kind advertising to offer their service without making campaign to do this for them.

Well for me thisis same as diversify ideas in which I commonly uses so theres nothing new but thanks anyway
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
What way? Please share your knowledge so we can also improve but if you're referring to day trading i think that's useless, as far as i know only few of millions that does trading everyday succeeded. So holding might not be much but after some time with risking all you have there's only two options loss or win it's your call if you want to proceed into risking or taking it back to use it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252

There are other ways, holding for the long term is basically going long on bitcoin for a very long time and while that is a very effective strategy you can do the opposite, you can short bitcoin thinking the price will decrease this can be a very effective strategy if you time it correctly, obviously that is more risky than just holding but the profits of changing your position from time to time from long to short and vice versa are there.
Activity: 252

I think you should not invest long term at this point, the risk will be very high, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are constantly plummeting and volatile, which has made the price of altcoin is continuously decreasing. The market is showing signs of falling and the crisis and will continue to fall in the long term, so long-term investment will bring you high risk.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
I have read the article but didn't understand almost everything I think lol.
So the article is just suggesting balancing your portofolio, which is like diversity (?) which is one the golden rule while investing.

Investing $5,000 and split into 5 cryptos ($1000 each = 25%) and then change the value of these same 25% to 20-22-24% ?
..with a fixed amount of time between each rebalance.

Is it this?

Something like that... the OP's articles is a total mess and made with a sole purpose to advertise his 're-balancing service ' shrimpy.io/

I wouldn't fall on this.
We do indeed know what they expect , they want an attention . Rebalancing strategy or whatever they call it are a common thing.
Everyone aware and do manage their own investment with that kind style , don't need really an automatic bankroll manager , especially the operator have no good track record , why we have to use their service? Even more it's make people think that the service are shady suspicious.

Hi poplolnman, this is not true. Rebalancing is definitely not a common strategy in crypto. HODLing is a common strategy, but not rebalancing. Shrimpy is the only application that provides automatic rebalancing for anyone to use. Also, what do you mean we don't have a good track record? We absolutely have a good track record. We released the Crabby application about 6 months ago on this very website, then we released the Shrimpy Alpha version again on this website, now we are releasing our Shrimpy Beta on this website. We have never had a single complaint about our products. You can check my comment history and posts about these other products. I understand why people are suspicious since there are a lot of scams in the crypto space, but our track record speaks for itself.

This backtest tool will show you the advantage of using rebalancing. More people should be rebalancing their portfolio. It's as simple as that.
https://www.shrimpy.io/backtest?c=EAgGgEFA&p=1d&r=97
Never heard about that sorry , I know and understand that you have a point and vision there. But this kind app just make people remember about how bitconnect do a shady business .
People wouldn't even try the app due lack of reputation , I mean tell us who's used your app so far and get the benefit then voluntarily write a satisfaction feedback for your previous project ? People need more than words to trust something , they need a legit proof .
Activity: 322
I will still holding my bitcoins and tokens specialy if i realy bilieve in this platform i know that if we will holding our tokens and coins we also help this to increase the price each day and in that way we can earn more profit in the future.
Activity: 266
BITCOIN TRADER 2016
For me i think holding is still the best way to earn and the most easy and low risk in trading less effort and time too but thats only in my openion i dont say that you have to follow mine.
Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

Holding is the best way to rebalance the current Crypto market, many are becoming fearful of the market correction. If everyone becomes a holder, the market will stabilize and gradually recover as more and more people become holders.
Activity: 597
Merit: 147
Keep holding in this time may have lots of risk, but it is the only way to buy coins with cheap price. Crypto market keep crashing and go down, i think people still consider in invest or not.So why we not buy and holding now  Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
Hodling is the best way I think if we still believe in crypto and will recover one day. I will not care what they say, because I lost the moment for selling too quickly and the price went up even higher. I just do not want to repeat the same mistake for the second time.
Pages:
Jump to: