Pages:
Author

Topic: Still HODLing? There must be better way! - page 5. (Read 894 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
for the time being, I just hold some ETH, and maybe I will not sell it until the price goes up. honestly, for the time being, I feel that ETH has a low price. ETH will continue to be used and developed, so there is a great possibility that the price will soon rise. it's the same for bitcoin, but I see more of the potential that ETH has when compared to BTC.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
When it comes to the price, it always follows the law of demand and when demand increases then the price also increases and when vice versa but since there will be limited number of Bitcoins planned for market circulation, there will be a limited supply but on the other hand there will be a high demand as at this point not even 10% of world's population is using Bitcoin so naturally price will increase. Expecting sustainability from it is not a wise idea in my opinion but I am expecting sustainable growth from it over the period of time. I believe that when it comes to the investment the second best thing after purchasing is holding and it is the most difficult part when things are going negative around us.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Rebalancing is like stealing candy from a baby. You guys need to take a look at this!

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/crypto-investors-want-free-money-stop-hodling-30f547130266

Ah ok i went through the article but i did not got any idea how it will help and how it can outperform manual trading.
We do trades on the basis of TA+FA including news and sentimemts around the coin we are trading . But the bot/website you mentioned does not makes sense to me.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
At first I thought what OP is trying to say is day trading is better than hodling but as I continue reading the article, I think the author of the article is simply promoting his site but involves API keys to submitted to the site. Article only mentions Bittrex and Poloniex so I don't think other exchange platform users can use the site that the author is promoting. To summarize, I will not allow someone to trade for me, I'll just stick to what I know so if I lose money, I can only blame myself for my foolishness.
I thought it was for fully informing traders to do balancing, but its just convincing them to sign up on his account. Anyways, getting some ideas from others is important for an outlook but we should have our own strategies that we might think and we do experience that works for us. Nor everyone was good at managing Day Trading, we just need where we will be good at. Try to explore as much as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
At first I thought what OP is trying to say is day trading is better than hodling but as I continue reading the article, I think the author of the article is simply promoting his site but involves API keys to submitted to the site. Article only mentions Bittrex and Poloniex so I don't think other exchange platform users can use the site that the author is promoting. To summarize, I will not allow someone to trade for me, I'll just stick to what I know so if I loose money, I can only blame myself for my foolishness.
Activity: 702
If you still see potential from bitcoin hodl at this time and accumulate as much as you can, since bitcoin will be bouncing back soon. There are already a lot of innovations concerning bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, only time will tell, when the rise of bitcoin will happen again and as things goes, it might happen in the near future, though we don't still see it on the charts.

Miners do not let bitcoin to progress , because bitcoin need to up size block in 2 times and it will hit half earning from miner that's why they do not let to bitcoin stay better because a lot of big miners will loss their money 50% of them.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
I have read this. People may opt to try this if they are risk-takers but if they do not want to try something new, I still think HOLDING is key. But based on my experience, however, I combine holding by earning with Bitcoins too. Hence, I accumulate Bitcoins day by day and not just solely holding it. I think people have to see for themselves what work best for them, and not rely their business judgments to those of others who are not in the same situation as theirs. We have to understand the varying circumstances that are unique to every experience, hence, we cannot really totally apply what is right and correct in theory. Situations are not always ideal as envisioned in theory, you know.
We don't have to depend on what other people are going to say but we can use it as a basic when we decide. It is much better if we are going to do  our own research and to have our own experience but thinking wisely,  it all ends to hodling anyways.  Surely,  there is investing as another option for the prices are good for investments.  There is no  guarantee that a profit will be back but looking at what happened before,  the prices will likely fluctuate up before the year ends.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
If you still see potential from bitcoin hodl at this time and accumulate as much as you can, since bitcoin will be bouncing back soon. There are already a lot of innovations concerning bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, only time will tell, when the rise of bitcoin will happen again and as things goes, it might happen in the near future, though we don't still see it on the charts.
Activity: 702
Yes some people still holding and doing re balance of deposit if price drop more they just buy more and fix middle price of total pocket . I think this is a good strategy but its ask more money to have to acting like that.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
OP, your article is sort of Confusing, if I understand that article correctly; it means that people should rebalance as in buying and reselling so that bitcoin price will increase and there will be gains? I am seriously lost. Well if it what it means; then, I don't think everyone should be rebalancing, there are some people who perfer to hold, its their choice. And again, HODLing is what made crypto what it is today.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
Rebalancing is like stealing candy from a baby. You guys need to take a look at this!

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/crypto-investors-want-free-money-stop-hodling-30f547130266

Actually hodling is useless if you don't have a target for selling , buying or a stop loss point
Activity: 560
Merit: 105

yes you are right the best way now is to hold the coin you have because bitcoin price is still very below and if you sell coin that you have at this cheap price then you only get loss because actually bitcoin has potency price rise again.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie

Could you explain more about why you think rebalancing would be risky? Rebalancing definitely reduces risk.

Rebalancing surly it will help if you do it correctly but I don't agree that making money is so simple just create an account and link your account to trading account.

If any such full proof methods are available then I don't think they will release such programs to the public instead they will be busy in making money from their trades 24 hours.

If a person can't understand how market moves or can't decide which one to buy for short term then better buy good coins and hold for a long term to make a profit.

I love how people still think that the 'good projects' are going to help them out in times of a market downturn. When the market is taking a shit, all of the proejcts are taking a hit and no one is going to care what the projects ambitions are cause they usually don't turn out coming to fruition anyway.

Stick with the coins that are making money, not the biggest ambitions.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
In trading the holding is not the better way because we can't make money if our funds stand still but when it comes to crypto currency trading while the prices are falling it is better to hold our crypto currency than trading and holding can give us more profits if we hold it longer.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Rebalancing is something which would require you to have extra capital to toss at it. If the market is good you're going to sell some to rebalance, but if the market crashes you're going to have to buy mass amounts to rebalance -- and I doubt a lot of people are going to have the extra capital in order to do it.

SO YEAH, there is a better way for people to have the money-- but not for people that put in more then they can afford to lose.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

Could you explain more about why you think rebalancing would be risky? Rebalancing definitely reduces risk.

Rebalancing surly it will help if you do it correctly but I don't agree that making money is so simple just create an account and link your account to trading account.

If any such full proof methods are available then I don't think they will release such programs to the public instead they will be busy in making money from their trades 24 hours.

If a person can't understand how market moves or can't decide which one to buy for short term then better buy good coins and hold for a long term to make a profit.
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
I have read this. People may opt to try this if they are risk-takers but if they do not want to try something new, I still think HOLDING is key. But based on my experience, however, I combine holding by earning with Bitcoins too. Hence, I accumulate Bitcoins day by day and not just solely holding it. I think people have to see for themselves what work best for them, and not rely their business judgments to those of others who are not in the same situation as theirs. We have to understand the varying circumstances that are unique to every experience, hence, we cannot really totally apply what is right and correct in theory. Situations are not always ideal as envisioned in theory, you know.

I do agree though that everyone is welcome to use their own strategy. Rebalancing is just an extremely simple solution that doesn't introduce any additional complexity to managing a diverse portfolio, so I think it makes sense for HODLers.

Thanks,
Shrimpy Team
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
HODL should be a pre-determined strategy on chosen trades. For instance, in a bear market such as we have had in the last few months, a full time day trader cannot be seen as smart if he/she invests all his portfolio in coins that keep dropping and he fails to set a stop loss or cut his losses. But if a coin is being bought for hold, the coin should even locked up or something.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
April 03, 2018, 07:10:07 PM
I have read the article but didn't understand almost everything I think lol.
So the article is just suggesting balancing your portofolio, which is like diversity (?) which is one the golden rule while investing.

Investing $5,000 and split into 5 cryptos ($1000 each = 25%) and then change the value of these same 25% to 20-22-24% ?
..with a fixed amount of time between each rebalance.

Is it this?

Something like that... the OP's articles is a total mess and made with a sole purpose to advertise his 're-balancing service ' shrimpy.io/

I wouldn't fall on this.

Rebalancing is simply a strategy that realigns your portfolio with your target allocations. This means if you want 25% of 4 different coins, after a rebalance you will have 25% of those 4 different coins. Between rebalances, the percentages may drift, but after each rebalance your portfolio will be aligned once again with your target.

It's extremely simple and has beat HODLing by a large margin over the last year.

I agree the article was not meant for educational purposes. Educational articles generally don't seem to create enough interest. You are welcome to see our other articles we've published on other topics: https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp. However, there is nothing to fall for. It's simply a free application that anyone can use to rebalance their portfolio. It's as simple as that.

Shrimpy Team

I believe that this is no longer foreign to most traders. The article would be informative and educational for those who have no idea of the concept yet and may utilize it as a strategy. Some don't know the importance of diversifying their portfolio and choose to just focus and one good coin.

However, this cannot be compared to HODLING. HODLING is totally different from this because by principle, you don't do anything with the coin when you HODL - you just simply store it in a secure wallet for a very long time then eventually sell once you're satisfied or have profited enough.
Pages:
Jump to: