Pages:
Author

Topic: STO vs ICO! What is the main difference? - page 2. (Read 211 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506
March 08, 2019, 03:17:25 PM
There is no much difference between STO and ICO since both of them has the same goal of raising funds for a project. Though users of crypto will have more confidence in investing in STO than ICO since STO is controlled by a regulated body and the companies that conduct this STOs are companies that are already well known and can not in anyway scam it's users since they already have a working project. I think I would invest in STO this 2019 than ICOs.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
March 07, 2019, 05:02:49 PM
The main difference is regulation. However, STOs have the exact same economic risks, so be careful at all times.
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
March 07, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
Well, when I become an investor now, it seems like I will choose STO instead ICO. After some large ICOs cannot release products or keep their promises like during fundraising I'm not sure the ICO will be interested anymore (Maybe) At least when we follow STO It's regulated.

I'm not really good at invested on the project, but this is my opinion, anyway thanks for sharing I will try to visit your website.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
March 07, 2019, 04:18:00 PM
With the way it is now, I think STOs will be the feature of investors, thanks to scammers for trying to destroy the IDEA of ICO which is quite better than STO but in terms of interest, security and protection of investment of investors, I think a lot of investors like me will rather go for STO projects.

With the security of investors that comes with STOs alone, I think the sky will be the limit, I am gradually shifting my attention to STOs too till ICOs gets it right , maybe one day, I will think of embracing ICO again and investing in it.
Activity: 37
Merit: 3
March 06, 2019, 06:38:30 AM
At this moment, when new STOs are coming out, it is important to understand the difference between ICOs and STOs.
STO is a token offering that is similar to an ICO, but the main difference is that STOs are regulated.

STOs have become so popular because over the past four years, approximately, pretty much every ICO failed to maintain at least one of the five promises that I call success criteria.  Roll Eyes

1. Most ICOs failed to attract enough investment.
2. The majority of ICOs failed to maintain a stable price of the coin or to increase the value of the coin, and so it dropped dramatically.
3. Some of ICOs failed to return the money to the investors.
4. Many ICOs failed to be able to produce the software technology or the ecosystem that they promised during fundraising.
5. Almost all of them eventually failed to be profitable.

"I would compare ICO to vinyl discs, and STO to music cassettes. After the music cassettes, there were CDs and DVDs then the MP3, then Spotify." - Stefano Virgilli.

To learn more about the main differences, read more in our latest article: https://bestcoininvestments.com/sto-vs-ico/

Would you rather invest in an ICO or an STO?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: