Pages:
Author

Topic: Stock Market Crash =\= Bitcoin Surge - page 2. (Read 1924 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 30, 2015, 04:45:20 AM
Why do people think that a stock market crash will cause a surge in Bitcoin price? I have heard it both ways and I would like to hear the logic behind the reasoning.

Thank you.

Of course Stock Market Crash =\= Bitcoin Surge, why would somebody believe BITCOIN will surge if the stock market crashes.

For bitcoin to surge, its the fiat currency that has to crash. For example when you will see bank bail-ins, and tripling food prices, then you will see bitcoin go to the moon.

But before that I highly doubt it, the stock market pump is just made with printed money, and mostly the top 10% elite that is playing there, while bitcoin is the currency for the 90%.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
August 29, 2015, 09:03:53 PM
Recently market crash and bitcoin also crash. I didn't notice any btc price surge during market crash. During markets crash people try to put their money in save havens like gold but not in btc. Because btc is not still considered as a established commodity or currency.  
Activity: 279
Merit: 132
Beefcake!!!
August 29, 2015, 05:01:40 PM
I think the reasoning is that if the market crashes, then people will be more likely to put their money in bitcoin.  But who knows, anything can happen.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
August 29, 2015, 04:29:19 PM
I've wondered the same and will look forward to seeing some answers.
One of thoughts I had is it could be people that keep money in their 401ks that are affected by the market could pull it out and put it into bitcoin? That seems like a longshot though since they would have to pay the penalties to withdraw, and bitcoin is not guaranteed to go up.
Or could it be the idea of a market crash could severely hurt the value of the US dollar so people will move to bitcoin?
Activity: 788
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2015, 04:24:52 PM
Why do people think that a stock market crash will cause a surge in Bitcoin price? I have heard it both ways and I would like to hear the logic behind the reasoning.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: