Pages:
Author

Topic: Stock market vs cryptocurrencies. What are the main differences? - page 4. (Read 1575 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
Hey everyone. I am quite new to the crypto market and I was wondering if I could get some guidelines about trading. I have been trading for quite a long time on the stock market and had moderate success. What are the main differences between trading crypocurrencies and stocks. From what I understand there is no downtaime in which the market is operating and also there is no supervising entity, that could interfere in the process of trading. Are there any other factors to be taken into consideration? Also, could anyone recommend a trading service with low transaction fees?

Correct, there is not a market opening or closing, you're just placing orders any time of the day. Another big difference is these cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile because it's a new technology. They are also not the same as companies or businesses. They are more like a fiat currency exchange.

Also the exchanges are more risky that the stock market because they can close or go out of business at any time and can be hacked, so we are taking risks.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
As you said, the market works 24/7, every single day. Bittrex has 0,25% fees on both asks and bids, but its a nice trusted site with many coins offered in their exchange. Give it a try!

Thanks. Will check it out Smiley The transaction fee seems low, I have grown accustomed to something around 0,6% so it would be a nice change Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
As you said, the market works 24/7, every single day. Bittrex has 0,25% fees on both asks and bids, but its a nice trusted site with many coins offered in their exchange. Give it a try!
Never tried to trade with stock market but i think the different of trading with cryptocurrency is the movement of the price was fast than in stock market this is just base what i saw or experience that is why they are more people are trading with cryptocurrency because of the fast movement of the price..
But the problem right now i heard that ICo and altcoin are ban in china that causes the price of bitcoin down..

You can try to trade with CEX,io or go to https://coinmarketcap.com/ and choose what altcoin you want to trade and click market you can see almost list of exchange site. .

Thanks for the input Smiley Yeah it is true that stocks' price doesn't move as fast as cryptos. However, I used to trade small and middle sized companies' stocks, so it was very volotile at times. Also, I think that apart from bitcoin it is hard to actually predict the movement of the price trends of the coins. I mean it's not like we get actual information on the company financial state Smiley

I read an article some days ago that Russia was considering accepting cryptocurriences on thier market. Do you think that it was something that made the growth to almost 5000$ possible?

Also, I have never heard about ICOs. They seem like a great idea Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
Never tried to trade with stock market but i think the different of trading with cryptocurrency is the movement of the price was fast than in stock market this is just base what i saw or experience that is why they are more people are trading with cryptocurrency because of the fast movement of the price..
But the problem right now i heard that ICo and altcoin are ban in china that causes the price of bitcoin down..

You can try to trade with CEX,io or go to https://coinmarketcap.com/ and choose what altcoin you want to trade and click market you can see almost list of exchange site. .
Hey everyone. I am quite new to the crypto market and I was wondering if I could get some guidelines about trading. I have been trading for quite a long time on the stock market and had moderate success. What are the main differences between trading crypocurrencies and stocks. From what I understand there is no downtaime in which the market is operating and also there is no supervising entity, that could interfere in the process of trading. Are there any other factors to be taken into consideration? Also, could anyone recommend a trading service with low transaction fees?
Pages:
Jump to: