Pages:
Author

Topic: Stolen bitcoins (blockchain.info) - page 2. (Read 555 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
April 20, 2018, 02:55:31 AM
~snip~
its already useless to have these kind of steps or trying out to contact those persons, even if you do make emails or on support thing they wont really do anything at all yet they dont have the capability on such recovery and as already being said to their terms you would really know that they are not held responsible if theres such loss because it would be entirely on wallet holders responsibility on handling his own funds.
Contacting a person that is inactive for years is useless but I'm just pointing out the ANN thread for him to see on how inactive it is and as he is asking if there's a representative.

So there it goes, a representative but is inactive for years.

What I'm saying is they are active in their own platform support and I have no issues with it. And he already got a reply from the support that they can't do anything with it anymore.

Sorry for the loss cell.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 768
April 19, 2018, 04:07:21 PM
At this forum is a representative of this service (blockchain.info)?
This is their ANN thread Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics

But the OP of it has been inactive in the forum since 2015 so the only way to keep on conversing with them is through their support / ticket.

I ask them to help me find the one who carried out this transfer. I want to ask him to give me back the coins and to know how it had happened. But the service does not provide any information.
They won't know on who's the one responsible for stealing your bitcoin and we all know the attitude of a robber, they won't return something that they've stolen.
its already useless to have these kind of steps or trying out to contact those persons, even if you do make emails or on support thing they wont really do anything at all yet they dont have the capability on such recovery and as already being said to their terms you would really know that they are not held responsible if theres such loss because it would be entirely on wallet holders responsibility on handling his own funds.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
April 19, 2018, 01:56:16 PM
This is their ANN thread Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics

But the OP of it has been inactive in the forum since 2015 so the only way to keep on conversing with them is through their support / ticket.

I ask them to help me find the one who carried out this transfer. I want to ask him to give me back the coins and to know how it had happened. But the service does not provide any information.
They won't know on who's the one responsible for stealing your bitcoin and we all know the attitude of a robber, they won't return something that they've stolen.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
April 19, 2018, 01:34:49 PM

You will find them on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/blockchain
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 08:03:50 AM
I absolutely agree with you, but the service blockchain.info so not believes, on all my letters they gave two blurred answer (in my previous messages).
This is the problem that they do not say how the translation was made - using their interface or not (private key). Logs (ip addresses) they also not give.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 19, 2018, 04:48:23 AM
The problem is not that someone got access to my wallet and made the transaction, but services blockchain.info as not helping to understand how it happened, in what way.

1. If your funds were accessed from their interface, the could indeed give you info like the IP where this was done.
But for that to happen, the "attacker" should have been access to your e-mail and 2FA, which doesn't have too high probability.

2. The other option is that the attacker got access to your wallet's private key or seed. In this case he rebuilt your wallet anywhere in the world without using blockchain.info service and moved away the funds. And then all blockchain.info could do is to acknowledge that this has happened, since whoever has the private key is the owner of the funds, no matter where it does the transaction from.

3. They may have a vulnerability they don't know about. But since they cannot be held responsible for anything... not much to do.

Just imagine an attacker has full access to your computer and/or smartphone. You have to think what info of yours could have leaked:
1. Private key/seed?
2. E-mail and password?
3. 2FA seed?

Also booting from a "Recovery CD" made by one of the antivirus companies and full scan of your computer cold help fine tuning the possible directions where the "leak" comes from.

I hope that this helps you at all. Also, people always advise to use local wallet for good reason.
April 19, 2018, 04:31:25 AM
The problem is not that someone got access to my wallet and made the transaction, but services blockchain.info as not helping to understand how it happened, in what way.
April 19, 2018, 04:23:53 AM
I spoke about other, service (blockchain.info) does not provide any information about access to my wallet, does not give logs when was committed to the wallet and with what (web or mobile app or private key transaction).

I do not ask them to return my coins to me, I ask them to help me find the one who carried out this transfer. I want to ask him to give me back the coins and to know how it had happened. But the service does not provide any information.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
April 18, 2018, 09:51:53 PM
1) I have a hardware wallet but I didn't carry any coins on it since I thought the service was blockchain.info safe

Well wrong move, be sure to use it now

2) What is the problem to write on the main page blockchain.info - WE are NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything
3) I asked to help me get the coins back or to understand why they were stolen, and not to write tips on what to do with education.

Bitcoin transactions are irreversible, so once confirm, it's impossible to get it back unless the person who receives them wants it to.

Most importantly, you agreed to their terms

Quote from: cell0013

This was 2014 and I don't believe that there is a 100% secure way of storing your funds since the user itself make his own funds secure for the most part
April 18, 2018, 12:35:58 PM
April 18, 2018, 12:33:05 PM
1) I have a hardware wallet but I didn't carry any coins on it since I thought the service was blockchain.info safe
2) What is the problem to write on the main page blockchain.info - WE are NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything
3) I asked to help me get the coins back or to understand why they were stolen, and not to write tips on what to do with education.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
April 18, 2018, 12:18:19 PM
What happened to you is very sad. I feel sorry for you.

I was lucky when I was in the beginning, as I used that service too.

As you invested a lot of money, as you said, you should have invested a very small amount of money ($59 usd) in a hardwallet or a small amount of time in your education, learning how to make a paper wallet or something similar like an airgapped computed.

Blockchain technology is safe, there are no banks or custodial services to call you for funds withdrawl.

You are the only one who is responsible for the security of your money. Maybe there is a demmand for such services, and in future you will be able to pay for someone to hold your private keys.
April 18, 2018, 11:36:01 AM
I am sure that there are thousands of cases of unauthorized transactions every day, but no one does anything with the problem, but only offers to buy hardware wallet.

I wrote about the theft, and how many people with whom it happened did not write anything?

Letter #2 from support:
Hello,

As a non-custodial wallet provider, we do not collect or hold information about users identity or have access to funds in any way. This protects peoples security and identity from malicious parties, however, it also means that we are unable to provide you with user information or control funds in any way.

Sorry that we could not be of more help.

Letter #1 from support:
Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as Blockchain. We've also heard of computer viruses that detect when an address is in your clipboard, and replace the one you wanted to use with an address controlled by this malicious party.

By design, Blockchain never has access to users' accounts or funds. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your funds are always safe with us. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or any addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. I'm truly sorry that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly is an extremely frustrating experience.

If you’d like to learn more about how our wallet works, please visit: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works.

These are really shitty answers.
April 18, 2018, 11:29:09 AM
All this only means that you need a service with 100% security and with voice confirmation by the operator on the phone the need for a transaction, as in the Bank, up to this point all is well until the money is stolen.

The problem is that no one is responsible for anything. And the fact that I spent a lot of money on mining equipment, a lot of time and electricity - no one cares, it's not right.

It's not a new future, it's a new way of stealing without responsibilities. I believe that the invention of bitcoin has the same meaning as the origin of the Internet, but because of such services that there is all this does not make sens.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
April 18, 2018, 11:23:51 AM
I can not find the saved private key and seed.

What does this mean? You never saw your private key?

Why blockchain.info can't tell you exactly how the coins was withdrawn? Using private key or not?

They will take months to reply any question. Don't wait for them. I don`t know how or if it`s possible to determine how the transfer was made.
April 18, 2018, 11:20:36 AM
Hello!

Yesterday I stole bitcoins from my wallet blockchain.info how it happened I still did not understand. The answer from the service support I have not yet received.
How to get them back? Are there any ways? Who to ask for help?

I really important is the amount that was stolen(

That's the transaction that was: https://blockchain.info/tx/5d2ed2b2a5f909f84895eb1c93a71eb097f1a02443befa9b19f4d6b87ff014e5

You don't mention what OS you are using on your computer.  Windows I presume since you mention BitLocker. 

As far as 2FA, if someone has the private key, 2FA and an encrypted drive (BitLocker) doesn't matter, you probably have an infected machine.

The private key was not stored on the computer.
Why blockchain.info can't tell you exactly how the coins was withdrawn? Using private key or not?
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
April 18, 2018, 11:14:57 AM
Hello!

Yesterday I stole bitcoins from my wallet blockchain.info how it happened I still did not understand. The answer from the service support I have not yet received.
How to get them back? Are there any ways? Who to ask for help?

I really important is the amount that was stolen(

That's the transaction that was: https://blockchain.info/tx/5d2ed2b2a5f909f84895eb1c93a71eb097f1a02443befa9b19f4d6b87ff014e5

You don't mention what OS you are using on your computer.  Windows I presume since you mention BitLocker. 

As far as 2FA, if someone has the private key, 2FA and an encrypted drive (BitLocker) doesn't matter, you probably have an infected machine.
April 18, 2018, 11:11:06 AM
It can not be recovered in any way. Hackers steal your private key or wallet seed. It's gone without you knowingly or unknowingly. It can be caused by virus attacks. Blockquane is security but your account is not. Stay away from virus and hackers attacks. The private key always keeps the private.

Who can confirm that blockchain.info safe? I found a lot of messages about how the money from this wallet was stolen. In 2014, one person stole coins from many wallets and then returned them, there was a problem in the blockchain.info. I followed all the recommendations described on the website, but the result - the money was stolen and I can not understand how.

I asked for support logs - they missed this question, as if they hadn't read it, but answered only about what they strongly regretted.
This is bad service...

As far as I know, Blockchain.info is one of the oldest wallets around, and they are respected in the community and have a good reputation. So probably it was your fault, not theirs... The hacker maybe got access to your seed long ago and was waiting while you were funding the wallet.

You probably scanned your seed? Where did you store it? Did you keep it online?? In a Gmail draft? As a photo in Dropbox?
Did you store it on a computer with internet access? Like a .txt or a picture file?

Did you follow ALL of the security precautions suggested in blockchain.info wallet? They are about 8 steps which include email, sms, writing down the seed in a paper (physically).

You should not even use an insecure e-mail like Gmail, but something like Protonmail or tutanota.

All of these things are wrong, and if you did something like that, that was how the hacker got access to your funds.

I, too, had different opinion about this occupations until yesterday days.
I don't use dropbox, icloud, etc. I didn't send seed by email and did not store in any form on the computer, all that was used is the wallet on the iphone and on a computer with two-factoring authorization. I didn't give anyone access to my computer or my phone. The same drive on my laptop encrypted with BitLocker, I don't understand how was obtained the access to the wallet.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
April 18, 2018, 10:49:26 AM
It can not be recovered in any way. Hackers steal your private key or wallet seed. It's gone without you knowingly or unknowingly. It can be caused by virus attacks. Blockquane is security but your account is not. Stay away from virus and hackers attacks. The private key always keeps the private.

Who can confirm that blockchain.info safe? I found a lot of messages about how the money from this wallet was stolen. In 2014, one person stole coins from many wallets and then returned them, there was a problem in the blockchain.info. I followed all the recommendations described on the website, but the result - the money was stolen and I can not understand how.

I asked for support logs - they missed this question, as if they hadn't read it, but answered only about what they strongly regretted.
This is bad service...

As far as I know, Blockchain.info is one of the oldest wallets around, and they are respected in the community and have a good reputation. So probably it was your fault, not theirs... The hacker maybe got access to your seed long ago and was waiting while you were funding the wallet.

You probably scanned your seed? Where did you store it? Did you keep it online?? In a Gmail draft? As a photo in Dropbox?
Did you store it on a computer with internet access? Like a .txt or a picture file?

Did you follow ALL of the security precautions suggested in blockchain.info wallet? They are about 8 steps which include email, sms, writing down the seed in a paper (physically).

You should not even use an insecure e-mail like Gmail, but something like Protonmail or tutanota.

All of these things are wrong, and if you did something like that, that was how the hacker got access to your funds.
April 18, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

This is bad service...
Pages:
Jump to: