Pages:
Author

Topic: Stolen bitcoins from blockchain.info 05/22/2018 - page 2. (Read 273 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
No one should ever be using Blockchain.info in the first place. By design, web wallets are incredibly insecure as they can insert codes as they wish without notifying their users. In this case, I doubt its their fault; did you have 2FA? Did you install/run any suspicious programs?

If you didn't setup 2FA, any hackers would be able to get into your account with ease. Even with 2FA, it isn't that difficult. Desktop wallets are way more secure than web wallets, 2FA or not.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
Someone hacked and cleaned my account 2 days ago with all my bitcoins. It happened after using Bither and Bitpie app for hard forks Sad!!!!!!. Blockchain.info customer service just said sorry for your loss. No investigation nothing All my investment gone.
original email from blockchain

"Keenan (Blockchain)

May 23, 05:44 EDT

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as Blockchain. We've also heard of computer viruses that detect when an address is in your clipboard, and replace the one you wanted to use with an address controlled by this malicious party.

By design, Blockchain never has access to users' accounts or funds. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your funds are always safe with us. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or any addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. I'm truly sorry that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly is an extremely frustrating experience.

If you’d like to learn more about how our wallet works, please visit: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works."

"   
Keenan (Blockchain)

May 24, 04:58 EDT

Hello,

I'm very sorry this has happened but as a non-custodial wallet provider, we do not collect or hold information about users identity or have access to funds in any way. This protects peoples security and identity from malicious parties, however, it also means that we are unable to provide you with user information or control funds in any way.

Sorry that we could not be of more help."

that's the worst thing they can say because they think you're guilty because maybe they got the identity of your account when you did not know much scamer so then you'll be careful how often you know what to do later on especially in the bitcoin field.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Someone hacked and cleaned my account 2 days ago with all my bitcoins. It happened after using Bither and Bitpie app for hard forks Sad!!!!!!. Blockchain.info customer service just said sorry for your loss. No investigation nothing All my investment gone.
original email from blockchain

"Keenan (Blockchain)

May 23, 05:44 EDT

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as Blockchain. We've also heard of computer viruses that detect when an address is in your clipboard, and replace the one you wanted to use with an address controlled by this malicious party.

By design, Blockchain never has access to users' accounts or funds. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your funds are always safe with us. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or any addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. I'm truly sorry that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly is an extremely frustrating experience.

If you’d like to learn more about how our wallet works, please visit: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works."

"   
Keenan (Blockchain)

May 24, 04:58 EDT

Hello,

I'm very sorry this has happened but as a non-custodial wallet provider, we do not collect or hold information about users identity or have access to funds in any way. This protects peoples security and identity from malicious parties, however, it also means that we are unable to provide you with user information or control funds in any way.

Sorry that we could not be of more help."
Pages:
Jump to: