Pages:
Author

Topic: STOP BUYING MINING HARDWARE - page 3. (Read 6019 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.
October 03, 2014, 07:12:14 AM
Then stop buying hardware and start cloud mining for better deals!  If you can't beat them, join them  Smiley [...]
Could you give an example of an BTC cloud mining offer that you consider a good deal?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 03, 2014, 07:10:36 AM
I think this is why PoC (proof of capacity) is becoming so big.  When the cost of mining is the price of a few cpu fans running profitability is so easy.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
October 03, 2014, 07:08:47 AM
Then stop buying hardware and start cloud mining for better deals!  If you can't beat them, join them  Smiley

Or just stop mining completely if you want to make guaranteed profit, go back to work and enjoy your risk free life!
Do you still see people complaining why we use the internet instead of the fax? Mining is evolving and you have to adjust with it or you'll end up falling behind.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Burn the wings off those bastards.
October 03, 2014, 07:03:31 AM
Mining is marginally profitable because asics are too expensive. Can we have like opensourced asics? Right down to chip designs, pcbs, layout, so anyone can make their own asic at a reasonably low cost. Home miners globally will be able to complete with mining farms and we have a more decentralised network.

Nice idea, but  it's totally impractical.

Home miners could compete still with the mining farms if only they'd choose the right companies to do business with, namely:

- Ones that don't discount for bulk sales

- Ones that actually want to keep their customers and view them as their primary income source, not mining

- Ones that will reinvest profits to make better products to keep their customers profitable.

- Ones that design mining system that can be easily upgraded to keep customers competitive at minimum cost.

- Ones that are content with a modest profit margin.

Huh?

That really doesn't describe any of them.

Given there is always discounts on bulk orders. Try it and see. ALWAYS.

There are a few that do want to keep customers but not mine but there are only what 1 or 2 that do that.

Again 1 or 2 maybe.

Upgrade? Nothing right now is worth upgrading unless you can pop chips into a generic socket... ooops you can't. Not yet anyhow.

LOL Modest profits? Most have been doing well but the market has changed from home market to massive farms so again economy of scale is first priority. The more you make the cheaper it is. Simple.

---

Mining will continue to concentrate in fewer and fewer hands in places where cost of production and price of electricity is best. At this point Eastern Europe? USA? China?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
October 03, 2014, 07:00:07 AM
The free market isn't kind to small players.
But, small players are very important to the market.

I've been involved in mining at 3 different times since 2012.
I have 3 principles for entering and exiting mining.

1) +ROI according to my magical spreadsheet
2) Other areas of investment are not moving (stagnant) or less profitable.
3) Hardware is available and manufacturers are battling for price competitiveness.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
October 03, 2014, 06:44:24 AM
Mining is marginally profitable because asics are too expensive. Can we have like opensourced asics? Right down to chip designs, pcbs, layout, so anyone can make their own asic at a reasonably low cost. Home miners globally will be able to complete with mining farms and we have a more decentralised network.

Nice idea, but  it's totally impractical.

Home miners could compete still with the mining farms if only they'd choose the right companies to do business with, namely:

- Ones that don't discount for bulk sales

- Ones that actually want to keep their customers and view them as their primary income source, not mining

- Ones that will reinvest profits to make better products to keep their customers profitable.

- Ones that design mining system that can be easily upgraded to keep customers competitive at minimum cost.

- Ones that are content with a modest profit margin.

October 03, 2014, 06:38:52 AM

Nope.

You need millions to save millions.

You are never going to get enough people to agree to work on an open source ASIC that can compete with current fabricators. That ship sailed.

Why mine? When you can own BTC without the hassle and overhead?

That is where we are now.

Choose an ALT and get busy or buy BTC and hold.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
October 03, 2014, 06:38:47 AM
I agree with this guy on where BTC is going: http://youtu.be/_-TLA3j-ic4

(Basically: the PoW Bitcoin algorithm is going to [have to] change...)
Yeah, change it to Proof of Shit, because I plan on buying a lot of Shit.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.
October 03, 2014, 06:33:46 AM
I agree with this guy on where BTC is going: http://youtu.be/_-TLA3j-ic4

(Basically: the PoW Bitcoin algorithm is going to [have to] change into an delegated PoW algorithm [like BitSharesX]...)
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
October 03, 2014, 06:28:38 AM
October 03, 2014, 06:09:34 AM
Nothing.

Altcoin of your choice is?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
October 03, 2014, 06:08:29 AM
I think we can return to the cpu mining ... the asic hardware  have ruined everything. What do you think guys ?

Ps:it is only my suggestion...

You suggesting Bitcoin 3.0 CPU style Huh  Cheesy

Let me get my 12 old quad core intel PC's back out of storage!!!!!!!!!  Grin

Bitcoin is not more decentralized Tongue ...  so What is the real solution ? We cannot return to the cpu mining so .. what we can do ?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
October 03, 2014, 06:06:43 AM
I think we can return to the cpu mining ... the asic hardware  have ruined everything. What do you think guys ?

You suggesting Bitcoin 3.0 CPU style Huh  Cheesy

Let me get my 12 old quad core intel PC's back out of storage!!!!!!!!!  Grin
October 03, 2014, 06:05:14 AM

No. Just no.

Commercial mining with lowest power and hardware costs is where this war will be waged. Eventually mining will be concentrated in a few companies hands even if the BTC price implodes back $1.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
October 03, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

legendary
Merit: 1001
October 03, 2014, 05:28:02 AM
Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute. 

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

If people stop mining, bitcoin is dead. You should be thanking the miners for keeping the network running.
Are you trying to kill Bitcoin?

Uh,no it won't be dead...FAR from it,your forgetting our "corporate mining farms".They will endure & control the network,VERY soon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
October 03, 2014, 04:53:10 AM
Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute. 

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

If people stop mining, bitcoin is dead. You should be thanking the miners for keeping the network running.
Are you trying to kill Bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2014, 03:02:28 AM
Yes mining sucks sent me your miners I pay shipping

well stop buying hardward for some time will not be a bad idea always on NEW hardware.

But I think bitmain drove to this with the new S4 not so many buyers
legendary
Merit: 1038
October 03, 2014, 02:40:20 AM
The price Bitcoin pays for securing its network and processing transactions is that of downward pressure.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
October 03, 2014, 02:12:55 AM
People wont stop till the price hits around $100. Then shortly after diff will come crashing down. Then there will once again be a huge demand in hardware =O ... its a cycle that happens over and over.
Also people are stupid, you know like those who own apple products.. thats kinda like foolish mining hardware purchases(at a huge loss mind you) that the 'masses' are doing now.

The other thing people dont realize is that buying BTC directly rather than mining it... helps its market price go up.
Buying mining hardware then cashing out only fucking puts downwards pressure on the price, but like I said above....once it crosses a certain lower price point, its great for all miners because of the decreased diff that follows =)
Pages:
Jump to: