Pages:
Author

Topic: STOP BUYING MINING HARDWARE - page 4. (Read 6019 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Using some expensive heaters
October 03, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
Funny, I can't remember the thread, but I remember this being discussed earlier.

Bitcoin often gets accused of being a Ponzi scheme, which I don't believe is true.

However, Bitcoin mining is looking more and more like it all the time... Sad
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock
October 03, 2014, 01:07:32 AM
I am not really into bitcoin mining but its nice to know this informations
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
October 03, 2014, 01:00:55 AM
Understood- the current state of mining does not provide a satisfactory return.
But what happens IF btc spikes to 1200us? Then everyone who bought in will look like a genius.
And then the whole cycle will start up again.

Nope. No mining necessary.

If you believe BTC will spike to $1200, then buy it now at $376.76. No need to risk hardware purchases or electricity costs.

Hasn't the myth of mixing currency speculation (i.e. wishful thinking) and mining been so thoroughly debunked that it's beyond reasonable doubt?

+++1 Home mining is dead.  Sorry folks.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
October 03, 2014, 12:58:02 AM
But what happens IF btc spikes to 1200us? Then everyone who bought in will look like a genius.

Nope. No mining necessary.

If you believe BTC will spike to $1200, then buy it now at $376.76. No need to risk hardware purchases or electricity costs.

Hasn't the myth of mixing currency speculation (i.e. wishful thinking) and mining been so thoroughly debunked that it's beyond reasonable doubt?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
October 03, 2014, 12:43:18 AM
I made money mining, but it was shit  "OK" money and I'm not mining now.

#MiningSucks
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
October 03, 2014, 12:42:01 AM

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute.  

I can name one; solar panels. You plug them in, hit a button and the power company uses their network connected meter to calculate how much they owe you. Eventually you'll ROI.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2014, 12:05:49 AM
Spend 5k on preorder which ships in Dec. ( maybe ) and never roi or buy 13 btc now.... hmmm... remember math?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 02, 2014, 07:10:33 PM
No.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 02, 2014, 07:06:50 PM
YES!!! Invest in tin foil hats. They will be far more investment worthy!!!

please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment

SHUT IT DOWN REPTILIAN BRAINS!   Cool

It really is all about greed, because if everyone did the math and homework, they'd see there's no shot in hell at mining for profit.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
October 02, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment

SHUT IT DOWN REPTILIAN BRAINS!   Cool

It really is all about greed, because if everyone did the math and homework, they'd see there's no shot in hell at mining for profit.
Activity: 97
October 02, 2014, 06:56:51 PM
Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute. 

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

^this!!!
Activity: 96
Tha Chickenator
October 02, 2014, 06:54:18 PM
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 02, 2014, 06:47:40 PM
TU and repped and bumped and thanked and whatever else one can do on a forum
donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
October 02, 2014, 06:45:07 PM
Sticky please Smiley
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
October 02, 2014, 06:43:08 PM
Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

Pages:
Jump to: