Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop losses - page 2. (Read 1187 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 26, 2021, 09:21:18 AM
I always set stop loss whenever I enter into trading, as it has the satisfaction for not getting into more loss. So, I also prefer to all of the traders, mostly to use the stop loss as it has not only stopping someone from loss but it prevents also from more loss, try to use this trading best feature to get into profit and do it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
October 26, 2021, 08:50:16 AM
For a trader, this is a really important tool. Without this, it will sometimes be quite difficult not to lose money in the trading process.
Activity: 476
Merit: 3
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
October 26, 2021, 06:50:11 AM
Stop losses on, If you decide to trade, trade with big capital or invest with huge capital and don't trade with only one coin, trade on different coin both Bitcoin and altcoins after you have did a good research about coins. And you should also learn how to hold some coins, so such coins you  hold can pump and after pumping you can sell to recover to stop your losses.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
October 26, 2021, 06:04:36 AM
I believe is least founded on my estimation then I simply hold. Generally I do that when I purchased utilizing single amount procedure and for long haul. Then, at that point, on the off chance that you decide to hodl you needn't bother with a stop misfortune aside from you wish to pull out then purchase a greater amount of the plunge when it continues to go down. I trust the people who frequently lose should utilize this so they don't lose a lot.

I do the same, I don't cut my losses when I trade with BTC and ETH, I simply move bought coins on a side and I wait for some uptrend, which comes sooner or later for these two coins! I rather do that, and I buy more when the price surprises me and make a dip! Cutting losses is like scalping, or at least I see it like that! You stop losses and you wait for the price to dip to buy, and that can happen or not, my short-term predictions were mostly wrong (more losses than profits) and I stopped doing that for that reason! As you say focusing on long-haul is better in my opinion, and it's more profitable for me!

Occasionally I have some investments in some alts, when I trade with some of them I like to use stop-loss, it's when I am not completely sure in the specific alt, and I don't have enough time to monitor the price movement... saved me a few times pretty good!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
October 26, 2021, 05:09:28 AM
I believe is least founded on my estimation then I simply hold. Generally I do that when I purchased utilizing single amount procedure and for long haul. Then, at that point, on the off chance that you decide to hodl you needn't bother with a stop misfortune aside from you wish to pull out then purchase a greater amount of the plunge when it continues to go down. I trust the people who frequently lose should utilize this so they don't lose a lot.
Activity: 282
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 25, 2021, 05:10:21 PM
in a trade, stop loss is used to anticipate if the market moves not according to what we planned, with the stop loss the transaction will close automatically, so we don't get carried away with bigger losses. especially if we can't always be in front of the computer, then this can help traders to survive

Yes, I agree. In trading stop loss is a tool designed to limit the maximum loss of a trade by automatically liquidating assets once the market price reaches a specified value. There are multiple types of stop loss that can be used in different scenarios depending on the crypto market situation. It can sometimes be difficult to avoid loss due to the many possible market outcomes, but stop loss can be helpful even for new and inexperienced traders. Stop-losses are essential for risk management, traders can calculate what position size to take and how much money to risk in a single trade. Stop losses is a technique for you to avoid a big losses in trading and I think it will help traders to survive especially to all the newbies that doesn't know yet the technique on preventing having big losses.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 09, 2021, 08:24:44 AM
Just curious, do any of you set stop losses and recollect again later? Or do you just HODL regardless of what the dip is.
I do stop losses, but in one condition. If I am down until the threshold I have made before(for example 10 - 15%) AND I have other coins that I think is promising at the time I would like to do stop loss then I would change the coins to something else. No matter what it is, it depends on the condition itself. There is no absolute stuff on trading.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
August 09, 2021, 05:00:09 AM
as a big time trader, taking advantage of every deeps and bulls of the market gives room for profit and that is why the stop loss is of a very great importance to keep you at the safe side
If you keep trading at one direction like keep buying at dips and then holding for considerably long duration then probably you will never need to go for stoploss. Stoploss is heavily needed only for those traders who buy as technical things and when their technical fails (due to heavy market fluctuations, we can expect our technical analysis make get failed time to time).

there is one thing you should keep in your mind. There is no plan to stop loss, it is very dangerous.
Trading without stoploss levels might lead to complete liquidation of your account in the end hence you are right but bitcoin may not keep falling forever which might be the reason why long-term holders are never bothering about stoploss levels.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
August 08, 2021, 01:24:03 PM
Stop losses trick is a request to a trader to purchase or sell a specific coin at particular cost once hits that price. A stop loss order is used to keep broker's risk on a safety locus to a minimum. A stop-loss is outlined to restrain an investor's misfortune on a security position.
Activity: 60
Merit: 5
August 05, 2021, 05:59:01 AM
Stop loss is a must. No stop loss can only mean that you don't have a trading plan.
HODL is also price sliding within your plan, don't be too naive buddy. If you can think that your Bitcoin will not be traded for 3 years or more, this may be right (many people have proved this)

Man, there is one thing you should keep in your mind. There is no plan to stop loss, it is very dangerous.
Activity: 584
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
July 27, 2021, 03:05:12 AM
Stop Loss is very important in doing trading because it stops you from getting into loss which is quite beneficial. Whenever I get into it I use stop loss for many of the coins which prevents me from much loss and even i didn't get that much loss. I prefer for every trader to user stop loss.
Activity: 625
July 26, 2021, 09:27:44 PM
Due to the market high volatility, stop loss is very important for a trader, as for me, I trade with less than $1k, so it doesn't really affect me because the market won't really get to me that hard as I hold for a while before selling of for some little profits that comes out at any given rise in price.
Well, as a big time trader, taking advantage of every deeps and bulls of the market gives room for profit and that is why the stop loss is of a very great importance to keep you at the safe side, so as to take you out when your expected analysis doesn't go in well. Fundamental analysis always have it's effect more than the technical analysis, though in crypto world, they go hand in hand.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
July 26, 2021, 07:17:31 PM
Risk management is key and stop loss is part of risk management, so bad I got burnt many times trading without stop loss before I got to learn my lessons, at first I did be in profits and refuse taking profit which could be seen as greed and at the end I did close the trade at loss, later learnt to control my greed but never learnt the most important which is managing risk, the last big dump which happened took me unaware and I almost lost everything so I vowed never to  trade without stop loss.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
July 26, 2021, 04:52:33 PM
Answer is very simple if u want to hold for long term no need of stop loss. I will recommend you not hold your longvterm coin on any exchange. Trustwallet or metamask or any wallet you can used.
If you want to take a short profit than stoploss is mandatory. Sometime market crash little and you can loss much.
Suggest about hardware wallets too, they're one of the best in terms of holding for long term. I've been doing that for years and never had any problems.

But those wallets that you've mentioned, they're also good if you don't have the budget to buy for your own hardware wallet. A market crash can literally make you fall into more losses if you've diversified that much.
The average stop-loss is applied to short-term trades they will always worry if a decline occurs suddenly because no one knows the prediction so it is very necessary even I often do it.

I often use hardware wallets as crypto shopping bags, where I have found a coin point that will be held for a long time so that is indeed the best way with our hardware wallet, it is much safer than the word danger as long as the private key is still safe, and that's one factor assets are not lost.

Maybe a holder will look at the market once when some positive news comes along.
A holder also speculates the market. He may stop his losses if he wants to and convert to stable coins for a while before his entire assets goes into losses.

It doesn't mean that he just have to hold but he's also free to cut losses if it's necessary. But most of us holders, we literally wait until the market is favorable and most likely accept whether we're in losses.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
July 26, 2021, 11:27:56 AM
Answer is very simple if u want to hold for long term no need of stop loss. I will recommend you not hold your longvterm coin on any exchange. Trustwallet or metamask or any wallet you can used.
If you want to take a short profit than stoploss is mandatory. Sometime market crash little and you can loss much.
Suggest about hardware wallets too, they're one of the best in terms of holding for long term. I've been doing that for years and never had any problems.

But those wallets that you've mentioned, they're also good if you don't have the budget to buy for your own hardware wallet. A market crash can literally make you fall into more losses if you've diversified that much.
The average stop-loss is applied to short-term trades they will always worry if a decline occurs suddenly because no one knows the prediction so it is very necessary even I often do it.

I often use hardware wallets as crypto shopping bags, where I have found a coin point that will be held for a long time so that is indeed the best way with our hardware wallet, it is much safer than the word danger as long as the private key is still safe, and that's one factor assets are not lost.

Maybe a holder will look at the market once when some positive news comes along.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
July 26, 2021, 05:16:05 AM
Just curious, do any of you set stop losses and recollect again later? Or do you just HODL regardless of what the dip is.
Traders do have plan as always for stop losses but there are individuals who still got mistakes over not setting stop-loss but ain't most of the time, most traders have stop losses in them. For HODLERs they tend to do the DCA method since they are into the long term and they doesn't care enough for short term price actions.
July 26, 2021, 04:59:42 AM

I think your suggestion is very appropriate because at times like this we have to admit that many people around us are naughty, not just hackers, so if you propose a hardware wallet, it is the best way that can be used even though it may cost quite a bit to own and use it. saved is also not much, causing them to look for alternatives that are also quite good.

maybe metamask and truswallet are very good wallets and accommodate everything we might do later. it all depends on what you have in the end and how much you have to save.
Those wallets can accomodate to keep your assets there as you trade. But if you're taking profits and you're wanting to secure them.

It's best to put it on a hardware wallet and there are a few trustworthy that has been tested by time.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet?step=5&platform=hardware
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
July 26, 2021, 04:19:17 AM

I think your suggestion is very appropriate because at times like this we have to admit that many people around us are naughty, not just hackers, so if you propose a hardware wallet, it is the best way that can be used even though it may cost quite a bit to own and use it. saved is also not much, causing them to look for alternatives that are also quite good.

maybe metamask and truswallet are very good wallets and accommodate everything we might do later. it all depends on what you have in the end and how much you have to save.
July 24, 2021, 06:26:01 PM

Activity: 106
Merit: 11
July 24, 2021, 02:38:34 PM
Pages:
Jump to: