Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop losses - page 8. (Read 1187 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 250
June 22, 2021, 06:09:21 AM
stop loss to stop losses.if indeed you are afraid to experience a loss. considering the price of bitcoin is getting lower, but unfortunately I am very sure, bitcoin will not go down to its lowestpoint.we just need to be patient in investing and use long-term results in the future. will come. If fear continues to haunt then sell it and leave in June
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
June 22, 2021, 05:56:09 AM
I would rather trade with a stop loss than just hodl since I make more profit trading although it's way too risky if the entry is not well timed. But compared to just holding I would rather trade with my stop loss in check should in case the trade goes against my prediction. But in situations where I can't analyze the trend or state of the market to avoid incurring losses on purpose I would rather hodl to save the funds for a more profitable trade
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
June 22, 2021, 03:47:20 AM
If you're holding you shouldn't use a stop loss. Too much volatility and you'll get stopped out, usually right before a run up. Stop losses just ensure the market makers know exactly where they need to drop the price to take your sats from you. Don't give them up so easily. Only you care about your future, they sure as hell don't.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
June 22, 2021, 03:45:06 AM
HODL is not a simple word, dude. It's not so easy to HODL while it's bleeding. I have sold my BTC earlier but in altcoin, if I were not setting up stop loss, I would be losing more than 50% of my asset (or shit  Wink) If you have purchased the ATH, SL is a must-follow IMO.

there is no word "hodl" when the market is down, it will continue to fall,
Are you kidding, bro? You should have known the origin of the word HODL is when the market was falling significantly. Didn't you read BTC crashing WHY AM I HOLDING?
Activity: 2198
Merit: 273
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
June 22, 2021, 03:33:15 AM
I am currently using stop loss because it is very useful when market conditions go down like this, there is no word "hodl" when the market is down, it will continue to fall, I hope those who often lose should use this so that they do not lose much.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
June 22, 2021, 03:31:52 AM
Trading portfolio separate from investing portfolio, which I think everyone should do. But with my trading stack, even though I don't day-trade by looking at charts all day, yes I do set stop losses for those humongous unexpected crashes.
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
June 22, 2021, 03:26:54 AM
Stop loss is used specifically when you are trading your coin to limit your losses. Then if you choose to hodl you don't need a stop loss except you wish to withdraw then buy more of the dip when it keeps going down. I prefer to hodl since my coins isn't upto $1k to avoid blowing off everything due to spike since cryto market is highly volatile.
Activity: 452
Merit: 101
June 22, 2021, 03:10:15 AM
It is depend on the position on trading that I get. In my opinion although bitcoin price fall then it will not go down below certain point, for example: the market is in bearish trend now, at this time I bought bitcoin again after I sold all of my btc during last bullish trend but unfortunately bitcoin price keep fall, since I bought bitcoin at price that I think is lowest based on my calculation then I just hold. Usually I do that when I bought using lump sum strategy and for long term. But when I bought a cryptocurrency for day trading then I set up stop loss, regardless whether it is bullish or bearish. Anyway I am not a professional traders, I am still learning, that is just a strategy that I think it is good.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
June 22, 2021, 02:38:51 AM
Just curious, do any of you set stop losses and recollect again later? Or do you just HODL regardless of what the dip is.
If I trade, I set stop loss.

But if I just hold, I don't do that much and I just leave it there. I don't usually set a stop loss since that fund of mine is bound to be hold for a long time.

That's what I meant by holding.
Activity: 66
Merit: 2
June 22, 2021, 02:17:50 AM
Just curious, do any of you set stop losses and recollect again later? Or do you just HODL regardless of what the dip is.
Pages:
Jump to: