Pages:
Author

Topic: STOP POSTING RESERVED, ALSO NO GIVEAWAYS/PROMOS ETC. - page 3. (Read 21692 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Well, please do something about creating ANN threads about new coins as well.
We get almost 1 new page of threads every day or two. Don't you see the crapcoinclones is destroying the original purpose of Cryptocurrency? Rules are needed to make this look way more professional. Investors may check this "new" thing out and find pages after pages with Sloppy coins that make them run away. Shitcoin, Fuckbankscoin, Fuckcoin, Vaginacoin, Memecoins e.t.c
I made a list

• Proper coinname
  • Proper firstpost, great structure and should contain all needed info for a 100% functioning coin.
  • Non copyrighted stuff (Grumpycoin, Frycoin, e.t.c)
  • No more clones, It should have something special, we want to bring the technology forward, not stay in the same spot

Imagen if we would only have the ones that are not complete clones, then all of them would have been worth more...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I must admit the "reserved" phenomena is new to me. It seems almost as annoying as those damn "first!" posts that have been plaguing the internet for what seems like forever :\

many people who replied here seemed to have over looked the point i think.

they supposedly did not ban some stuff because it irritates them..
it is the underlying behavior that is the problem.. pin pointing one symptom or another is just that
..not the root cause of the problem (the forum database is getting too big)
so guys screeching about their freedom being stolen don't take it personal.. they are trying to contain the fire.

far too many kids that think they are funny posting useless garbage in one form or another.
i swear the internet has gotten pretty bad in the last decade or two Sad

Like the meme.jpg's, 99% of the time are so dumb and unfunny it would make Pedobear cry !
Hey take any dumb random pic and slap some text on it and post it on BCTalk.. ya your cool lol
every 2nd comment is like that damn near Sad
And worst too they use lame web site generators that make them for you and you see the same dumb one over and over..
these kids can't even open a program up and make their own (it's not hard either)
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
It's pretty obvious you don't actually read this board if you think this is about OP's reserving the first post for updates. Before this, literally every post on the first page of new threads was 'reserved' or 'post for sale, pools contact me', and half the posts on the following pages. I even covered OPs reserving for updates on the last page, and said it was ok.
Now you are finally understanding what I have to go through with a similar sticky to this in the Gambling section. Expect all context to be lost shortly...  Sad

All we're asking for here is that people don't encourage others to make posts that don't move a discussion forward. You can have giveaways all you want, just don't have people make posts here to claim the item. Link to another website instead. Besides, you don't want your community to only exist under our rule, you should take that for yourself.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Some people just want to watch the world dance.
I must admit the "reserved" phenomena is new to me. It seems almost as annoying as those damn "first!" posts that have been plaguing the internet for what seems like forever :\
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
It's pretty obvious you don't actually read this board if you think this is about OP's reserving the first post for updates. Before this, literally every post on the first page of new thread was 'reserved' or 'post for sale, pools contact me', and half the posts on the following oages. I even covered OPs reserving for updates on the last page, and said it was ok.

Noted. I missed it amongst the noise.

I'm more irritated by the giveaway ban, as that has a lot of purpose in promoting a new coin, or just about anything.

I'm seeing a more and more hostile attitude towards alt coins lately, yet that is where the profit is if you aren't already rich. It grates.

Ah, well. Nothing to be done about it, I suppose. This forum is full of interesting things, and even more full of venom.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
It's pretty obvious you don't actually read this board if you think this is about OP's reserving the first post for updates. Before this, literally every post on the first page of new threads was 'reserved' or 'post for sale, pools contact me', and half the posts on the following pages. I even covered OPs reserving for updates on the last page, and said it was ok.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Is the goal to drive away alt coins altogether, or is this just some sort of passing buthurt?

I mean, seriously. Almost every coin has the devs reserving a space or two early on for updates. It's also common in group buys, for much the same reason. You may be planning to add something as the coin/thread/groupbuy continues.

And the giveaway thing? Make it universal, or just get rid of the altcoin section. Be consistent. (not that the administration ever has been, but hey, you could start here...)

Let's face it: Moderation on bitcointalk is random, arbitrary, and capricious. Why make a pretense to the contrary? Just state your actual intent, don't make it look as if it had something to do with "complaints" or "spam" or some other such nonsense.
Activity: 70

Reserved Cheesy.How I laughed  Grin, Grin, Grin! From which movie is this beautiful smile?

Planet of the apes
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
awesome !
never thought it would happen though

i'd like to see some new rules made up for USERS
i have watched how these handful of well known coin spammers either create on the fly new accounts
or they simply make them far in advance.. for nothing more than pretending to be someone else etc
I'd love to see an account limit !
Maybe add a script or something that would lock the account if one of these coin cloners make a new account.
If these guys were exposed for who they are i bet a lot of these newer users would think twice about mining XYZ name new coin.
and many others would avoid them because of scammer tag ratings etc..
Why permit these sleazy slime balls to hide ?
Why give them a scammer tag when they laugh and make 50 new accounts.. one for each new coin name..
You want to shorten your forum database ? that would be a good start Wink

Sorry guys i am just fed up with seeing TardCoin made / announced then a new account user name talking called TardCoin.

and to many of you babbling about Freedom.. that is getting old .. excuse no 1 to do dumb crypto scam coin crap
and besides if you don't like the rules feel free to make your own forum ..or go to Zack's Wink
i don't have a problem with rules.. i'm not a child talking about currencies and trading and investing etc though
Hey why not an age limit ? Much yes ? Very OLD ?
I want to spend my life savings on investing on a scam coin ponzi scheme'esque clone of a clone of a clone of a clone.. made by a Tween lol

and i can tell many of you do not read the OP's comment at all..
he said AND other variations that are the same are against the rules too
so no you guys can quit posting.. "oh they will just use instead"
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
what ever next lol. ill place my reservation in my reserved spot.  I know it gets seriously out of order one word reserved on threads theirs no point to it. Next it will be watching or waiting or saved hahahah
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
    Reserved Cheesy.How I laughed  Grin, Grin, Grin! From which movie is this beautiful smile?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Stop posting reserved, watching, subbed, or any other variation of placeholder. It's getting ridiculous, if you don't have anything to say, then don't post. If you're only doing it so you can follow the thread, stop it and use the watchlist instead (all you have to do is hit the watch button, it's even less effort than posting crappy replies). And don't start replacing them with one word comments like "cool" or "like" either.

Report reserved posts and their variations when you see them, they will get deleted.  

@Badbear was that rule board uniform or just for altcoins

Just checking because securities need those messages sometimes
It makes sense to reserve a post if the user needs it to fill more information when launching an asset
Also when someone is evaluating the IPO they may want to reserve while reading through the prospectus to come toward a proper opinion.

Activity: 98
Please make rules for the creation of new Coin threads?!!? Badbear, this have went way to far in the wrong direction.
Set up rules!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
I've banned several lately, banned another just yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
what about pool spammer? they are far worse than giveaway thread...
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
Newbies are unlucky to get those giveaways.
People can get free coins here: http://thisweekscoin.com/forum/index.php

They can even host their own giveaways for free
Activity: 154
Newbies are unlucky to get those giveaways.
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
Activity: 203
THANK YOU for banning giveaway threads!!!!! Seeing the "1 crapcoin for free!!! (1,000,000,000,000 crapcoins per block)" was just ridiculous.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
thanks mod
Pages:
Jump to: