Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop Signature campaigns. I need theymos to see this. - page 2. (Read 1009 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 254
Theymos could try that out for a few weeks to see, what would happen.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Never DO AIRDROPS
I don't think this is a good idea to remove signatures and bounty campaigns from bitcointalk forums. Promotion ICO in bitcointalk it's a good thing for all of us, the forum will be more active and people can enroll and promote campaigns and then they make money, Even theymos make money by advertising campaigns in this forum.

Well I agree that removing any Bounty Campaigns in this Forum is not wise Choice.
I am sure 50% member in this forum get their bucks in this Forum.
Sure the problem is Post Quality, if Bounty Thread just irritating this Forum, why Theymos didn't announce to stop it?

PS : It seems OP just jealous and make this topic. Sad
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
I don't think this is a good idea to remove signatures and bounty campaigns from bitcointalk forums. Promotion ICO in bitcointalk it's a good thing for all of us, the forum will be more active and people can enroll and promote campaigns and then they make money, Even theymos make money by advertising campaigns in this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
It has been explained a million times why it's stupid to get rid of signature campaigns. What do you think Roger Ver will do the very second theymos globally banned signature campaigns? exactly, this forum would lose tons of traffic, and Roger Ver would promote the bitcoin (dot) com forum as the "official bitcoin signature campaign" forum. This will cause his forum having a better SEO ranking and when people google "bitcoin forum" they will end up on there. Do you really want that? Nope.

There is still plenty of good discussion in this forum. Bookmark the posters you find of quality and follow their posts, it's not that difficult. Also there are sections in the forum now that will not pay you if you post there (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=250.0)

Also, the "Development & Technical Discussion" section is of high quality even if people can wear their signature there.

Just ignore the 10000 page threads and you should be ok, who cares if they spam on there.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
You need to stop shitposting in this forum, right? Then stop bounty programs and signature campaigns. This is the main reason for shit posting. If you really want to save the forum, stop signature campaigns .

This is thinking from a retrogressive perspective. Doing what the OP has suggested can only be counter productive. Whether we accept the reality or we live in denial of it that the major thing which has kept this forum bubbling and fast growing is the signature and bounty campaigns. Hardly is there any crypto enthusiast who hasn't read or heard about the bitcointalk.org site. All thanks to the traffic the signature campaign has brought this forum. I believe stopping this will deal this forum a hard blow. But I would like for Theymos to experiment in this.

Maybe it's the quality of the sig campaigns that is the problem, If three quarters of them were banned, then lurkers and other visitors would be less likely to be scammed, and maybe Bitcoin could start to improve its image.
Oh, really that bitcoin could start to improve its image?
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
OP is just Like Saying That The Sections which produce signature, bounty,twitter,facebook,reddit,youtube,blog, campaigns and etc. should be remove? for what purpose then? it's really painful in the eyes to see shit threads that is why merit feature was implemented. it will not be helpful in the forum if campaigns will be removed . how bout if OP complain to all the Developers out there that don't make project so there will be no more advertisement in Bitcointalk isn't that a good idea? although you have a point to be consider, But Admin theymos knows the best. Let Him and other superiors Decide.
Activity: 700
Merit: 105
APESWAP
Banning signature campaign, will or won't do the forum any better. Maybe some functions can be delegated to bounty managers as to criterias that make a signature bounty hunter eligible for a given bounty. The bounty managers should always check a participants posts history before accepting them into thier campaigns. I'm sure people will improve on their post quality in order to be eligible for signature campaigns.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
Nothing can change the signature campaign that's an ICO business and ANN sweetener forum no ants are looking for this deserted and tasteless forum.
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
I think he is only because in the negative side of some users who are not yet there in terms of improving their post but as you can see the quality of their post is clearly developing and improving step by step you just need to be patient and don't be so hasty in being judgemental on others mate.
Activity: 322
Merit: 23
Signature campaigns was introduce so that there is a way to advertise crypto currencies, it's market and it's purpose, so if campaigns will be prohibited what would be the use of this forum? after all the reason why investors get the chance to choose a good project is thru various promotion like signature and bounty campaigns. We cannot help but accept the fact that we cannot eliminate shit poster, the best thing we can do is imposed other regulations like the merit system so that people will be obliged to work hard on their post quality.

Fully agreed with you, also this forum will have profit from those bounty/signature campaign i am right? (correct me if i'm wrong). Trough ICO's project that we promote by wearing signature, both forum and members also have profit here...
The best thing to do is lessen required post from bounty/signature campaign at least 15 post per account and having a minimum characters per post 150 characters i think its just enough for reducing shit poster and spamming through this forum.
Merit system now having a good impact to the forum but many users barking about the ranking system of merit, yeah i admit my self it's really hard to rank up, supposed to be i am full member now but i am still here at member rank.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
Stop posts about other post are much better. QUALITY.
There are more post about merit than bitcoins now.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
Signature campaigns was introduce so that there is a way to advertise crypto currencies, it's market and it's purpose, so if campaigns will be prohibited what would be the use of this forum? after all the reason why investors get the chance to choose a good project is thru various promotion like signature and bounty campaigns. We cannot help but accept the fact that we cannot eliminate shit poster, the best thing we can do is imposed other regulations like the merit system so that people will be obliged to work hard on their post quality.
Activity: 151
Merit: 11
Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn
I'm joined this airdrop.
Good project.
I wait for more info but I truly behind this project....

Grin Wink Grin

Its those shit posts that annoy me the most. And a lot of them are from newbs that don't even have a signature. Admittedly I don't get around the forum much - but the threads I do peruse - those posts there are the single most annoying ones.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I think this ICO has big promise and will make investor very happy.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
You need to stop shitposting in this forum, right? Then stop bounty programs and signature campaigns. This is the main reason for shit posting. I can see many newbies trying to increase their post counts here and some trying to farm merits here. If you really want to save the forum, stop signature campaigns . But no one will do that. Because they want to make money. Once upon a time , account sales were allowed in this forum. I can quote many posts from the forum saying that account sales were allowed here. Even posting in the ANN thread of ICO was compulsory for signature campaigns. Now the scenario has changed. I can see many newbies and low rank holders digging the forum to collect all those informations from the past to get merits here. But they dont know that once it was allowed in this forum. I request all the DT members of this forum, not to give any merits for any users who post in this section .

Also set a month like  november or december 2017 and track all the account sales after that and paint them red. In my opinion its not fair to track all the account sales that happened from 2009. And i request theymos to set the date for that. Because if you search the posts of this  section we can see here many saying account sales were  allowed in this forum. So i request theymos to fix the date . And I also request theymos to stop signature campaigns and bounty campaigns.

If you really want to tag members who did that in the past, i suggest to tag all campaign managers first because they were the first who started  ICO ANN bumping . After that tag others. Many people still dont know that bumping Ann thread is now against the forum rules.

If you want I will post all those details here like who all encouraged ICO ANN bumping .

You want to be saved from road accident; just stop walking; running; driving; travelling on the road; you are safe; your life is saved; stay at home; no accident ok.
I just want to ask one question what is the  objective of this forum; may be other reasons too but as per my knowledge and belief most of the people here are because they want to invest; trade; earn bitcoin and signature campaign is one of the ways to earn here. 
Bounty managers are paying the posters on wearing signatures of their companies.  The payer needs to check the posts for which they are paying.  If they are paying for shit posting they should be brought under strict rules and regulations or they should be guided (instructed) not to pay for low quality posts or throw away the shit posters from their campaigns.  This suggestion is stupid idea that earning sources should be blocked for better quality posts. 
There is no guarantee that if campaigns are banned; the quality of posts will improve on the contrary majority will sit silent without postings

Your analogy is stupid. You can't compare a signature campaign to walking; running, driving; those things are in NECESSITY to go on with your life. But signature campaign is not a necessity in this forum it can be removed without hindering your everyday life and without stopping the essence of this forum. I see many of you are already afraid of removing the signature campaign and bounties it just prove that you all are just money hungry. I will not be surprise ya'll be the first one to leave this forum once you cannot earn any shit here. While others are only thinking of themselves, I am willing to sacrifice earnings to make this forum decent and spam free.

Understand what I want to say;  for the fear of death by accident you do not stop using roads; rails; air.  Mind it I am not dependent on the payment from signature campaign.  I am not afraid of removal of signature campaign, if you have some approach and powers you are free to ban all bounties with immediate effect.  But I will ask one question ; whether you are here for charity. If yes, how much you donated till date, or you are here just here busy with prayers to God only, 
And even after banning of bounty I will not leave this forum, because I am not economically dependent and greedy for the earning of bounties though I will earn if I can.
Certain rules may be needed to be made.  Language should be controlled i suggest.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
Maybe it's the quality of the sig campaigns that is the problem, If three quarters of them were banned, then lurkers and other visitors would be less likely to be scammed, and maybe Bitcoin could start to improve its image.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Signature campaigns definitely kill the quality of posts on any forum.  On the other hand, they definitely increase traffic (and therefore the value of the forum site), so it's asking a lot for them to be banned.  Not really sure there's any good solution to that.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 110
Give Hope For Everyone!
Why not force campaign managers to change their signature campaign requirements. Like post count requirements, make them only 1 a week but it should be very constructive. And make them check each post since it'll be a lot easier because its just 1 post per week per member of the campaign.
Activity: 154
Merit: 29
Your analogy is stupid. You can't compare a signature campaign to walking; running, driving; those things are in NECESSITY to go on with your life. But signature campaign is not a necessity in this forum it can be removed without hindering your everyday life and without stopping the essence of this forum. I see many of you are already afraid of removing the signature campaign and bounties it just prove that you all are just money hungry. I will not be surprise ya'll be the first one to leave this forum once you cannot earn any shit here. While others are only thinking of themselves, I am willing to sacrifice earnings to make this forum decent and spam free.

You are partly correct, but only partly. A forum, like any other website needs a server and bandwidth to function. Both those things cost money, a lot of money if the bandwidth is very large.
For now the access to this forum is free for the users and for the visitors. How do you propose to cover the expenses if the signature campaigns are gone?
Would you like to pay a fee? Or perhaps to see the damn google ads everywhere? Btw google banned crypto ads, so you will see some ads totally unrelated to this domain.

Sure, there are people bending the system to their needs, sometimes going illegal or semi-illegal (account selling for example).
But this is a problem of the moderators because they cannot (or would not) control the phenomenon.
Here it is something that can be discussed, not banning the system completely.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
You need to stop shitposting in this forum, right? Then stop bounty programs and signature campaigns. This is the main reason for shit posting. I can see many newbies trying to increase their post counts here and some trying to farm merits here. If you really want to save the forum, stop signature campaigns . But no one will do that. Because they want to make money. Once upon a time , account sales were allowed in this forum. I can quote many posts from the forum saying that account sales were allowed here. Even posting in the ANN thread of ICO was compulsory for signature campaigns. Now the scenario has changed. I can see many newbies and low rank holders digging the forum to collect all those informations from the past to get merits here. But they dont know that once it was allowed in this forum. I request all the DT members of this forum, not to give any merits for any users who post in this section .

Also set a month like  november or december 2017 and track all the account sales after that and paint them red. In my opinion its not fair to track all the account sales that happened from 2009. And i request theymos to set the date for that. Because if you search the posts of this  section we can see here many saying account sales were  allowed in this forum. So i request theymos to fix the date . And I also request theymos to stop signature campaigns and bounty campaigns.

If you really want to tag members who did that in the past, i suggest to tag all campaign managers first because they were the first who started  ICO ANN bumping . After that tag others. Many people still dont know that bumping Ann thread is now against the forum rules.

If you want I will post all those details here like who all encouraged ICO ANN bumping .

You want to be saved from road accident; just stop walking; running; driving; travelling on the road; you are safe; your life is saved; stay at home; no accident ok.
I just want to ask one question what is the  objective of this forum; may be other reasons too but as per my knowledge and belief most of the people here are because they want to invest; trade; earn bitcoin and signature campaign is one of the ways to earn here. 
Bounty managers are paying the posters on wearing signatures of their companies.  The payer needs to check the posts for which they are paying.  If they are paying for shit posting they should be brought under strict rules and regulations or they should be guided (instructed) not to pay for low quality posts or throw away the shit posters from their campaigns.  This suggestion is stupid idea that earning sources should be blocked for better quality posts. 
There is no guarantee that if campaigns are banned; the quality of posts will improve on the contrary majority will sit silent without postings

Pages:
Jump to: