Pages:
Author

Topic: stuck tx, looking for viable solution - page 2. (Read 218 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
February 17, 2021, 12:22:43 PM
As stated by ranochigo in the post above you can implement CPFP method by spending the change.

Using CPFP, you can make your transaction more prioritized, but you can't make that confirmed very fast.

Your change address contains only 8089 satoshi.
Even if you send the lowest possible amount (547 satoshi) and pay the remaining balance (7542 satoshi) as transaction fee, the total fee would be 8453 satoshi.
The total size of transactions (the one already made and the one going to be made for CPFP) would be 133 + 222 = 355 vbyte.
So, the total fee would be about 23 satoshi per vbyte.

This amount of fee will put your transaction about 16 MB from the tip. It's not good for a fast confirmation but it will at least increase the chances of confirmation. Your transaction is now about 80 MB from the tip.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
February 17, 2021, 12:18:01 PM
Thank you for quick reply.

By doing CPFP did you meant that i should do it in my mycelium wallet or can i go elswhere with this? Is there any tutorial regarding this or this is strictly bound with wallet software?
Im asking because:
1. When i imported my wallet into electrum it shows 0 balance, but i see my tx's. Tried that with samourai, but balance was 0 with no history.
2. Mycelium says my balance is to low, which is strange if they allowed my to send tx with 44 cents and they say my leftover 4$ is too low. Support not responding isn't helpful in it that regard.
3. Because of this brodcasting problem, i deleted (locally) the tx for it not to appear in my wallet, and balance went from 4 $ to 0. I read that it might appear again. Not sure if that's an issue for me regarding doing CPFP.

From theoretical stand point, if I would ask receiver to do CPFP is it possible to do it with any wallet? And if they do, miners are obligated to confirm my tx to because they both connected?
How can one spend btc they don't have yet? Or if the network see unconfirmed transaction it takes it into account?
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
February 17, 2021, 11:59:44 AM
CPFP works best if you are the receiver as it doesn't require another replacement transaction to be made or if you didn't select RBF(Replace By Fee) during the creation of the transaction. You can absolutely do a CPFP using the wallet to give miners an incentive to confirm both of your transactions. I'm not sure if Mycelium rebroadcasts your transaction, but it would likely take up to two weeks for majority of the network to drop your transaction and I would think that is way too long and possibly get you a confirmation sooner.

Installing Bitcoin Core and zapping your transaction is absolutely not a solution for your current situation. Rebroadcasting the transaction to keep it in the mempool is not helpful if your intention is to make another replacement transaction but it helps to keep it in the mempool and getting it confirmed once the fee gets lower.

Either:
1. Wait for the fees to drop which should hopefully be within the coming weekend.
2. Do a CPFP using the change that you currently have access to at the caveat of paying more fees.

There's no double spend with your transaction, not relevant to your issue.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
February 17, 2021, 11:54:25 AM
Hello guys,

I'm new to wallet business. I Already send multiple transactions in bitcoin network, but never had an issue like i'm having now.
First my tx is 87f45f4054eb12c8dcbc7e14ba71cca166ddc270640fdb8a11b5893a0f2ec634
There are 2 outputs, lower one is probably my change, because wallet showed me excalty that balance.
Most of the time I sent my btc was between exchanges and some android wallets. Never had issues because most of the time my fees were 0.0002 up to 0.001 btc. This time is different.
So i went to bitcoin atm to buy some bitcoin. It got stuck with my last bill. I could repeat the process but fee of the atm would consume 90% of the bill value so i didn't use it. That said that bill was for my fee to send bitcoin after i receive it.
So i did get 0.04209 btc. I thought it's not bad, not my usual fee, i can wait a little bit. So I'm using mycelium android wallet for this transfer, set up my fee to 34sats/byte which is low, but it should be confirmed in few hours. After i hit send button i saw there are some leftovers in my account and that tx fee was set for 4sats/byte. Don't know how this happened but here i am.
More than 2 days later i'm waiting for confirmation and not sure what to do.
Of course i read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/all-about-stuck-transactions-and-what-you-can-do-to-fix-them-1802212
Besides that i'm reading all over the internet and not sure if there is any help in there for me.
Tried to import my wallet into electrum, which i did successfully but couldn't do rbf on my transaction.
Mycelium gives me option to bump fee(cfbf) - but as i read cfbf is only helpful if i'm receiver, which i'm not. There's support not responding, there is no faq/help about wallet and it's options.
Many of you suggest to wait it out. Or is there any other possibility? Installing bitcoin-core and zaping my transaction would help? Or when i used wallet without rbf it's not an option for me and shouldn't waste time?
I read that there might be also double spend transaction not being processed by miners problem. Because i'm new and not to technical not sure if that would help me or hurt me.
Also, am I right thinking that logging into wallet is rebrodcasting my tx? Can't find straight answer for this one all over the internet.
If it does, how waiting tx out to be forgotten is any good for me if my wallet will brodcast it again anyway?
Or do i don't understand something here.
What can i do at this point? Someone is waiting for their payment and i don't know what to do.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Using viabtc with paid service is last resort for me, but don't want to go there because right now i can't afford it.

cheers,
Rafal

p.s. I know i've chosen poorly in wallet segment area so please do not instruct me to choose other one in future because i know that already Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: