Pages:
Author

Topic: Successful ICO With No Buyback Mechanism - page 5. (Read 18513 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 17, 2019, 04:48:14 PM
Buyback really doesn't make the value of ICO projects rise again. If you want a price increase project, please support that project if their team is still actively working, that's the only way.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
February 17, 2019, 04:31:50 PM
Investors and bounty hunters are the one losing here, lots of projects that accumulated millions of dollars are worthless when they hit the market, no volume and price is down by 1000% if those coming ICO will not do buyback and the market continues to be bearish then it's all over for ICO and bounty hunters..

Your thoughts on this.?
I know this, because some of project that come from my country, developer said want to do buy back to make people believe tokens will pumped. I think buyback will used by project that dumped from ICO price because even devs wouldn't want to buy in their ICO price.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
February 17, 2019, 04:28:28 PM
Investors and bounty hunters are the one losing here, lots of projects that accumulated millions of dollars are worthless when they hit the market, no volume and price is down by 1000% if those coming ICO will not do buyback and the market continues to be bearish then it's all over for ICO and bounty hunters..

Your thoughts on this.?

Actually the concept of STO implies that startup should have some collateral to be able to make fund raising. I hope that in this case these projects would have some kind of buyback mechanism or at least pay bounty rewards not in tokens, but in already existed crypto like ETH, TRX, NEO or whatever where the project will be based on.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
February 17, 2019, 04:26:35 PM
I really can't understand why an ico don't buy their tokens after the meltdown. I mean if you raised 50m $ and your total supply worth 1m $ with the current price, with just a little bit of money, you can turn the table. But they are greedy and doesn't care anything besides themselves.
Activity: 135
Merit: 1
https://darbfinance.com/
February 17, 2019, 04:14:34 PM
after bounty hunters work, he will get his rights, namely wages in the form of tokens or ico, but once the coin is successful for listing. sometimes the bounty hunter coins are logged when prices start falling logs opened.I am an act that is detrimental to the bounty hunter and is not fair and not sportif.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 17, 2019, 03:42:10 PM
I don't see what hope is left for ICO in this space unless something drastic happens then that could be game over, people are talking about STO's now but I have yet to see one that is really making waves, Polymath to me is not ready to play the big boys. I would be happy to see if anyone would recommend any STO platform to me
Activity: 821
Merit: 100
Volare.network
February 17, 2019, 02:55:43 PM

Your thoughts on this.?

buyback is not the only way to stop a dump. as long as this project continues to grow, I'm sure the price will slowly rise. there are actually many ways to prevent token dumps when the initial listing is on the market. such as token listings to large exchanges, locking bounty tokens, distributing tokens gradually, and much more.

I think this method can be applied and without a buyback I think dump will stop.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
February 17, 2019, 02:42:50 PM
You are very right and we have seen exactly the same situation for last one year or so, for me i think there is no way we can sell in 10 to 20x loss so if the project is good and you think that they will come up with a solid product then holding is the best option because when market goes bullish all these coins will become expensive as well and that is when you can take profit.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
February 17, 2019, 02:08:45 PM

Your thoughts on this.?

its hard to find an ICO project with buy back mechanism,,
because as i know all money that collected during the crowdsale was used for the development and marketing my friend
but who knows, in the near time, a project with buy back mechanism will be born in this industry  Wink
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
February 17, 2019, 01:27:59 PM
It has become a tradition these days. Every ICO I see launches a coin and when the coin gets listed on an exchange, it gets dumped hard.
Sometimes it dumps so hard that it takes months to recover and come back to the ICO price. This has become a serious issue now.
The ICOs can either keep a buy back mechanism or set a limit to the amount of coins that can be sold when the  coin gets listed on exchanges.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 17, 2019, 09:02:15 AM
because what is happening now is that there are a lot of ico that have no real projects in the world and for that all the ico coins that are on the market will definitely decline and it will be difficult to return because the volume in that market continues to decline.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
February 17, 2019, 08:55:50 AM

Your thoughts on this.?

Price dropping after hit the market is quite normal because most of them are from the bounty hunters that sold their tokens for fast money and also because of the project is still fresh and new. When the project hit or reach the roadmap, and the result is positive, the price of that token will increase so high.

Plan to buyback is good but i think it's only make the price go up for a short time, after the buyback done, the price will go down again.
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
February 17, 2019, 07:11:28 AM

Your thoughts on this.?

Why ICOs need to do some buybacks? They raise money to increase budget for the platform development. Hence the price of trading of their coin will depend on the stance of the project not on the dumpers and abusive whales who manipulating the price on the exchanges. That's my thought and probably the best suggestion on your OP.
Activity: 798
Merit: 281
February 17, 2019, 07:16:38 AM
A buyback would be good but there is no chance of that happening, they collected bitcoins and ethereum and they won't waste it on buying their own worthless tokens. Token burn would have a positive effect sometimes but not always
Activity: 629
Merit: 252
February 17, 2019, 07:09:13 AM

Your thoughts on this.?

It's true that the bear market and dump tokens by bounty hunters make the price fall. A lot of tokens have lost over 90%. However, there are projects that do not lose so much. An example is Aidus. He has lost value temporarily, but he is already making up for losses:
https://www.coinbene.com/exchange.html#/exchange?pairId=AIDBTC
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
February 17, 2019, 07:05:28 AM
I agree with you, every successful Ico project must have a product that can offset the price in the market, and they must lock in the payments received by the bounty hunters until they succeed in maintaining the price

I don't think the main focus of the ICOs is to make the bounty hunters rich... When a bounty hunters promotes a project he/she takes the risk tha the ICO price and market price may not be the same. I've never seen a bounty campaign when any project promised a fixed price for the token once it hits the exchange..
Every project on its disclaimer says that the market price is out of the reach of the team
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
February 17, 2019, 06:19:37 AM
After my observation, the prices are dumped by bounty hunters in most ICOs. Freezing bounty rewards for some time will help project to keep itself more appropriate. The buyback mechanism is also a good idea. But will devs sacrifice their money?  Huh
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
February 17, 2019, 06:02:56 AM
I would say the buy back plan is a good leverage for bounty hunters and investors during initial coin offering
But there have also been great project that did not give out any form of buy back plan and still did well in the market and some that initially offered where reluctant to go on with it
copper member
Activity: 206
Merit: 1
February 17, 2019, 06:00:56 AM
I think the buy back mechanism is a great tool to ensure price doesn't dip to a large extent. I believe if many teams adopt this, the market situation will be better. But ironically, many team members convert to FIAT and will never buy back their own tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
February 17, 2019, 05:36:06 AM

Your thoughts on this.?
a market should naturally develop, not a repurchase done by the developer. the market should have a reasonable demand because this is greatly influenced by the views of Coin owners for a long time. buying back is not the way to develop a project. innovation and real steps that will determine whether the project is interesting or not.
Pages:
Jump to: