Pages:
Author

Topic: Suddenly, Russia Plans To Ban Cryptocurrency Sales To ‘Ordinary People’ - page 3. (Read 1554 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
too fast, bitcoin ban in russia ,  after Russian government permit the use of bitcoin & cryptocurrency. but the Russian government also has a strong argument for bitcoin tires.
Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
Not surprising at all. If there is one thing that billionaires love is to find ways to keep the involuntary down - that’s how their product continues to increase in value. Let me ask you something: if the world has 25 people each worth over 500 billion dollars, then why does poverty still exist. I mean, that’s enough money to donate one million to each family in the world, with enough money left over to still maintain their billionaire status? Well, because there would be less demand for their product when everyone is a millionaire. That how rich people look at it. So, Russians are trying to maintain a class-based society by doing this. Absolutely disputable!!!

Bill Gates is currently the richest man in the world and his net worth was 90 billion as of July this year. So there really isn't even 1/5th of a person with 500 billion dollars Cheesy
As I understand, Bill Gates will give vast majority of his wealth to charity and so will his friend Warren Buffet (I believe he said he will give 99%), the second wealthiest man in the world. So this clearly doesn't apply to everyone. It is kind of useless to just sit on that money, so they give it away to people in need.
I believe that most of the richest people would want poverty gone. Not just out of the good hearth, but also because their products aren't really something that people in poverty buy. How many of billionaires you know that got rich of selling cheap food?
I really don't think that many people benefit from poor people in Africa, dieing of thirst, hunger and easily preventable diseases.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG

This reminds me of when China thought they could manipulate the price of Bitcoin with FUD. It ain't working - the price of Bitcoin continues to rise!
Activity: 13
Merit: 2
No need to panic. The government is preparing a law now. Not every 'no ordinary person' thinks that way. Many people in government actually do not understand how cryptos work. But allow themselves to give interviews on subject! They are used to regulate or ban everything.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Ridiculous idea!
This soundsa bit like they wanna make crypto investing an elite thing.
I highly doubt this is going to work out.
The black market and local trading in dark side streets will thrive!

This is why Russian chicks love getting fucked in the ass.  They are used to it.  Putin has been fucking the people in the ass for years.  

This is nothing other than a silly explanation for a law they will try to use to limit capital flight.  Russia is highly exposed to capital flight and its effects.  They will do whatever it takes to keep capital and hard currency inside of Russia.  Buying bitcoin involves hard currency leaving Russia.  Of course that is going to be illegal.  Get the lard!

Should it not be the other way around? The Russian government can try but how will they implement it? But let us see who really gets "fucked in the ass". They cannot go house to house and confiscate all their citizens' computers just to see if they are using Bitcoin.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
In fact, I'm not surprised. The Russian government has its own views on everything. However, I believe that each of us should have a choice. So, using Bitcoin or not  should be our choice.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
“For ordinary people, there’s no way because these are very dangerous investments that could lead to loss of money.”
Ok, what does this have to do with anything? Only for elite traders? WHY? I mean it's not like ordinary people can lose all their money on other stuff, we still have the normal stock market. This really sounds like bullshit. A dumb choice.

I think that it breaks the basic rights of people and divides society into castes.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Ridiculous idea!
This soundsa bit like they wanna make crypto investing an elite thing.
I highly doubt this is going to work out.
The black market and local trading in dark side streets will thrive!

It seems to me that the government of this country does everything for the prosperity of the black market. Shocked
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Not surprising at all. If there is one thing that billionaires love is to find ways to keep the involuntary down - that’s how their product continues to increase in value. Let me ask you something: if the world has 25 people each worth over 500 billion dollars, then why does poverty still exist. I mean, that’s enough money to donate one million to each family in the world, with enough money left over to still maintain their billionaire status? Well, because there would be less demand for their product when everyone is a millionaire. That how rich people look at it. So, Russians are trying to maintain a class-based society by doing this. Absolutely disputable!!!
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“For ordinary people, there’s no way because these are very dangerous investments that could lead to loss of money.”
Ok, what does this have to do with anything? Only for elite traders? WHY? I mean it's not like ordinary people can lose all their money on other stuff, we still have the normal stock market. This really sounds like bullshit. A dumb choice.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
No surprise. That's why when I read a lot of news saying that they will accept bitcoin, I just said I doubt it. They want to control everything including bitcoin. And now casuals can't even purchase meaning only the elite and rich can get it. Its totally authoritarian and we should not be shock from this news.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
This idea sounds like elitism and a way to
Keep the rich wealthy. I wonder what he actually
Means by 'qualified investors' and 'people with a
Reason to invest' ? Sounds like waffle.
Real backwards thinking to try a stop crypto.
Activity: 368
Merit: 266
There is a saying in Russian seven Fridays in a week. They can change their mind constantly, several times a day. Russia is now a big problem with investments so I doubt that such a decision will be made. Maybe bitcoins is the only way now to attract capital. But even if they ban bitcoin it will do nothing. You can always buy and store bitcoins outside the jurisdiction of Russia.

I think that this story is being heavily exaggerated and things are being taken out of context. And yes, just like the CCP in China, opinions on regulatory matters can change at the drop of a dime. Honestly, at this point, I don't think any major government would be so foolish so as to effectively ban cryptocurrencies. It would only put them further and further behind the rest of the world.

Russia's economy is smaller then the economies of some of the states in America. They are not a significant contributor to bitcoin's liquidity, nor its volume. Now if the state of California, in America, banned bitcoin, then we'd have problems.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
There is a saying in Russian seven Fridays in a week. They can change their mind constantly, several times a day. Russia is now a big problem with investments so I doubt that such a decision will be made. Maybe bitcoins is the only way now to attract capital. But even if they ban bitcoin it will do nothing. You can always buy and store bitcoins outside the jurisdiction of Russia.

I think that this story is being heavily exaggerated and things are being taken out of context. And yes, just like the CCP in China, opinions on regulatory matters can change at the drop of a dime. Honestly, at this point, I don't think any major government would be so foolish so as to effectively ban cryptocurrencies. It would only put them further and further behind the rest of the world.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Russia seems to have a way of making the impossible possible. Crypto currency try to fight centralized currency ideology and if they have a way to control it then we must sit up. This is not good
Activity: 368
Merit: 266
Who cares. More bitcoin for me. Russia doesn't have enough money to move the markets. They can provide some services to the community but they don't provide much liquid capital to the network so not a big loss.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
This is the joke of the century and the highest hypocrisy that I have ever seen for the government representative to come openly to deny what was said just few days ago. They are the one that know that bitcoin is good for some category of people while it is bad for the ordinary citizen. People need to start seeing this level of hypocrisy and its shows that government is scared of the liberation this will bring to the people and with this they decide to go the route of using fear to discourage people.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
Russian governemnts always had some strange ideas so this isn't the surprise for me. But how could that actually do that? We all know that bans never solved anything and people just get more interseted in things that are baned. I don't think this is going to work and people in Russia will continue to use cryptocurrencies that is for sure.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501

If i remember correctly MMM, one of the largest pyramid schemes ever originated from Russia and it seemed to be perfectly legal - nobody gave a damn in the government. But all of a sudden they start caring about people falling for a "pyramid scheme", aka bitcoin, when it is really not a pyramid scheme at all?

It just really doesn't make sense to me.

It seems obvious that the Russian government is trying to take people's freedom away from them by banning bitcoin, because they do have strict capital controls and the state still has a lot of power over its citizens. bitcoin means a gateway to the global free market, and the Russian government is trying to stop that.

They can't stop bitcoin though, because all they can do is shut down all the exchanges. And even then, p2p trading will still thrive and i think when people see how scared the government is about cryptos in that country, they'll just rush to buy more.
Pages:
Jump to: