Pages:
Author

Topic: Suggestion: Display risked bitcoin amount on profile. - page 2. (Read 454 times)

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
Disagree, just like all the others... If this proposal would make it to production, and the *sshat that gave me -ve ever makes it to DT, i would show as having risked about 1 million BTC. I doubt anybody that wanted to do business with me would bother to check out his link and find out it's completely a completely offtopic, wrong and insane feedback from an a-level troll disguised as an honerable member.

There is no way to factcheck these inputs and avoid abusers to enter massive amounts without any proof...
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Yes i know the amount can be manipulatd, so is the trust scores too but we still use it. Showing the total risked amount on profile will make it a little easier to decide if to trade with that user not just because his trust scores is green but for his total risked btc amount.

If an user can set that value for himself, it will be completely unreliable: some will inflate the number to look more important, some will deflate the numbers or not show them to avoid certain curious eyes.
If somebody from outside can vouch for those numbers it becomes more complicated and still prone to abuse/unreliable numbers.

And then, why bother? Keep in mind that this is not Facebook.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1309
I disagree also to this proposal

Although theymos advice not to depend totally on the trust system i.e always carryout personal research  

I would also sugest to not relay on the trust system and only use it as a first step to dig into the reputation of a person.

my way to use is:
red -> big flag to look deeper
green -> also look deeper

as members who are "deep red" can be trustful and also green can be non trustful.

And the amount of BTC risks is as easy to manipulate as the trust itself. It give no more good information and it make it harder to read.

Not agree, we don't want more war on DT system.

i guess we already have some kind of war there..
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Most people when giving trust don't give a true risked amount. And are we talking just about dt members or all members?

If it's just dt then it might not be much of a problem but it probably won't be a very good reflection of anything...
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
Not agree, we don't want more war on DT system. Just simply read all the feedback's of escrow's trust page. It's not very hard to check. Risk amount could be add fake. So it's not decent way to determine trusted escrow. There is no any guaranty that all DT members feedback's are accurate. Forum isn't moderating scam and trust system. So you have to choose yourself and you will be responsible to any harm. Research your best before hire any escrow. Forum doesn't assign any escrow service.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Got some extra cash (after buying some major coins) from selling all my altcoins found in my alt ETH address thought about lending them on forum or use a lending site. For the past 3hours i have been searching through forum for the best escrow to use. It took me sometime to calculate how many BTC each escrow have successfully handled then this suggestion came into my mind, What if the forum displays the total risked bitcoin amount on users profile so it'll be easier to choose who to transact with based on amount.

Example;
Positive= Trust: 150: -0 / +20 BTC: 250
Negative=Trust: 50: -5 / +0 BTC: 0.5

Yes i know the amount can be manipulatd, so is the trust scores too but we still use it. Showing the total risked amount on profile will make it a little easier to decide if to trade with that user not just because his trust scores is green but for his total risked btc amount.

Although theymos advice not to depend totally on the trust system i.e always carryout personal research  that been said, displaying it on profile adds more colour. What do you think?

Edit:
Note: For risk amount to show on your profile it has to be from a DT member not just any forum user and if DT member are caught giving false risked bitcoin amount they'll be blacklist from DT and get red tagged by other DT members. Multiple tagged from the same scam won't count toward risked btc value

These might help reduce the level of false feedback from DT members and those tagged can alway appeal their cases if the risked btc value is a false one.
Pages:
Jump to: