Pages:
Author

Topic: suggestions on www.fiveminutecoin.com - page 3. (Read 4640 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
Are there any style suggestions?  Huh

Did you make it harder for it to go to 0.01(and to 0.02 if one wanted to wait the 5 min.)
or did I just get lucky those few times there.

When you say, "Stay there and get more coins!"  Does that mean one should leave that
new page open in a browser tab and then go back to the original page and open another
ad page in a new tab, and just continue that way. 

I was thinking, before you probably changed some things, that it would be good if the
timer kept running while one was on a page opened by clicking on an ad box, so one
could spend some time checking out the page instead of rushing back to make sure the
timer kept going. I am sure the advertisers would like that as well... but perhaps there
is no way to determine that the other tab one is on is actually the one opened by
clicking an ad.

"Believe" is spelled incorrectly on the news slider on the right btw.

I made it harder, because nearly everyone got the special.. and it shoul be a special!! Wink
YOu have to stay a minimum of 30 seconds on advertisiers sites before you get a 10% chance to push the coins.. (within 10 clicks)

ok.. I think this is a nice idea..  you are right and I try to implement that soon!

Thanks for the correction.. I`ll correct it!
Thanks for your suggestions Smiley

No problem.

Btw, you can use this address: 1Nudc52nUTCgF9mx1j2hSgMCXQDdxtNdft
if any of my suggestions or testing qualifies for that .5btc bounty I noticed you mentioning on your site.   Smiley

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Did you make it harder for it to go to 0.01(and to 0.02 if one wanted to wait the 5 min.)

When you say, "Stay there and get more coins!"  Does that mean one should leave that
new page open in a browser tab and then go back to the original page and open another

I was thinking, before you probably changed some things, that it would be good if the
timer kept running while one was on a page opened by clicking on an ad box, so one
could spend some time checking out the page instead of rushing back to make sure the
timer kept going. I am sure the advertisers would like that as well... but perhaps there
is no way to determine that the other tab one is on is actually the one opened by
clicking an ad.

I made it harder, because nearly everyone got the special.. and it shoul be a special!! Wink
YOu have to stay a minimum of 30 seconds on advertisiers sites before you get a 10% chance to push the coins.. (within 10 clicks)

ok.. I think this is a nice idea..  you are right and I try to implement that soon!

Thanks for the correction.. I`ll correct it!
Thanks for your suggestions Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2030
My money; Our Bitcoin.

clicking an ad.

cant imagine how this could be possible..  I installed a lot of different browsers and versions on different systems and it always works :/

but I`ll try to fix this..
legendary
Activity: 1498
Are there others with this strange view?

Didi you really disable all your addons?or clear your cache?

Yes, I did both
Are there others with this strange view?

Didi you really disable all your addons?or clear your cache?
legendary
one more check please..

nothing changed still the same, but those javascript errors are gone
one more check please..
legendary
I started several tests and there is nothing?! Did you clear your cache? Or is there any special browser addon?

nope but I do get this in my javascript console

Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.fiveminutecoin.com/none
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.fiveminutecoin.com/none
I started several tests and there is nothing?! Did you clear your cache? Or is there any special browser addon?
legendary
it looks the same as my above post...
could you please try it again?
legendary
It should be better now Wink
still having the same problem js

It should be better now Wink
legendary
Suggestion start testing your site, on all different screen sizes, browsers, or hire a real web dev

Chrome Latest stable channel version
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Reply again and dont just "grumble" around.. bring in suggestions, not your view..
Maybe you dont like the color scheme, but tell me then what to change and how you would do it instead of writing such a text ^^

Good point. Sorry about that.

Colors are of course a matter of taste, but I think it would look nicer if the number of colors were reduced somewhat and used a more color-coordinated palette, maybe of more muted tones. I would also line up the righthand grid of ad squares so that the top edge lines up with that of the left one. Or, if they're all for ads, why not combine them into a single 3x4 grid? Or, you might use the right column just for fiveminutecoin.com-related stuff (along with the hint that tells you you can wait five minutes to double the prize) and the lefthand group for all other ads. This would make it easier to distinguish the ads from the general site info.

I would also arrange the timer and the current prize so they are horizontal across the same line of text (one to the left and the other to the right), and move the smaller “Click here to claim your coins” link just below that line where there is more room. In my browser, “Click here to claim” is pushed too far to the right by “Your Coins”, and the rest of the text “your coins” appears far away and way to the left of the timer, which looks odd and is initially a bit confusing.

Finally, using more consistent spacing between words, especially after punctuation (always one space, rather than either two spaces or none at all), would further improve the appearance and readability.
changed..
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
It's not too obvious how to claim your coins. "Click here to get some coins" looks like another ad.
It's cool seeing more way to get bitcoins. Cool

My suggestions:

I use NoScript, so I have to initally allow the right scripts to use a site like this. However, before I did this, the initial error message it tried to show to remind me to enable JavaScript was cut off at the bottom, and I couldn't read it.

Color scheme and formatting are garish and the sidebar and text spacing look haphazard and poorly aligned. It can give one the impression that the site is amateurish.

Excessive use of JavaScript. None of the links can be opened in a new tab/window. I'm forced to left-click ads, which leaves the site, and this resets the 300-second timer when I return!

The danger with implementing the timer in user-side JavaScript code is that someone can trivially manipulate how their browser executes the code and circumvent the timer, unless you actually have some server-side code keeping track of all the requests or something so it can determine how legitimate the browser response looks.

Edit: I would also suggest mentioning how often one can request free bitcoins right on the main page somewhere. I had some trouble finding this information (especially since I initially had some trouble getting the “how it works” link working due to the JavaScript/middle-click issue).

Reply again and dont just "grumble" around.. bring in suggestions, not your view..
Maybe you dont like the color scheme, but tell me then what to change and how you would do it instead of writing such a text ^^
The rest was done this way on purpose..

But you are right with the "how often"! I will change this..
Pages:
Jump to: