Pages:
Author

Topic: suggestions on www.fiveminutecoin.com - page 4. (Read 4640 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
It's cool seeing more way to get bitcoins. Cool

My suggestions:

I use NoScript, so I have to initally allow the right scripts to use a site like this. However, before I did this, the initial error message it tried to show to remind me to enable JavaScript was cut off at the bottom, and I couldn't read it.

Color scheme and formatting are garish and the sidebar and text spacing look haphazard and poorly aligned. It can give one the impression that the site is amateurish.

Excessive use of JavaScript. None of the links can be opened in a new tab/window. I'm forced to left-click ads, which leaves the site, and this resets the 300-second timer when I return!

The danger with implementing the timer in user-side JavaScript code is that someone can trivially manipulate how their browser executes the code and circumvent the timer, unless you actually have some server-side code keeping track of all the requests or something so it can determine how legitimate the browser response looks.

Edit: I would also suggest mentioning how often one can request free bitcoins right on the main page somewhere. I had some trouble finding this information (especially since I initially had some trouble getting the “how it works” link working due to the JavaScript/middle-click issue).
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 21, 2012, 06:09:03 AM
Just try again..
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
May 21, 2012, 05:04:14 AM
An error occured.. please report this to [email protected]

Just happened. I had waited my five minutes and tried to get my coins.
May 20, 2012, 10:33:03 AM
A new Version of this site is now online! New concept! New possibilities!

www.fiveminutecoin.com

Activity: 129
Merit: 118
May 20, 2012, 03:53:03 AM
Your site crash my browser.
Clicking a ad, does completely crash the browser to desktop.

using:
IE 9.0.8112.16421
UA:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0)
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
May 19, 2012, 07:18:06 PM
I say keep the advertising internal, or put up Operation Fabulous banners since the advertisers will be paying per-day and the amount of clicks received will be irrelevant and the advertisers will not be paying for clicks from people for no reason.  You will also likely earn a lot more BTC this way, because once the traffic starts to build up, people will bid, and you will earn BTC all day whether people click or not.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
May 19, 2012, 05:45:28 PM
nice service, it definitely needs some filing in those squares  Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 18, 2012, 09:43:41 PM
what would you change on this site?

www.fiveminutecoin.com

what is positive?
what is negative?

Be careful, advertisers don't really like when you give users incentives to click their ads. for example "click the ad to reduce the time". advertisers believe users are only clicking to make the time go down. This is what I would do if I were you.

1. I would remove the click to reduce time feature.
2. I would move to a CPM/CPC combo model. something along the line of 0.005 per 1000 views and 0.0005 per click. That way you always have a little something coming in.
3. I would give away 1000 pageviews in free ads to 16 sites to fill the squares. people like going places where people are already hanging out and advertisers are no different.
4. There is a bug on the site. clicking on "Insert Your Content Here.." does not bring up the self serve form. you have to click the "Instant Advertising" link in the upper right corner.
5. Make the links in the upper right corner look more like links. Together they look like a sentence (until you hover).

If you ever decide to do #3 think about me http://mycryptcoin.com

good luck.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
May 18, 2012, 06:45:34 PM
what would you change on this site?

www.fiveminutecoin.com

what is positive?
what is negative?