Pages:
Author

Topic: Summary of the events last night - And an apology. - page 8. (Read 12971 times)

Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Fuck off.... NEVER BUY on this store, or give your money to ANY project ROGER VER is involved with. These include:

BLOCKCHAIN.INFO
BITINSTANT LLC
MEMORY DEALERS
BITCOIN STORE

ROGER VER and the thugs at bitcoinstore decided it was a good idea to abuse their admin priviledge at blockchain.info (that he should have never had by the way) to exhort a customer of them for some change owed.

Here is the full thread on the extorsion. READ CAREFULLY:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131574.60

We're no thugs.

Roger used his admin privileges, which have been revoked. It was a mistake.

We're apologizing and want to work to make this sit right with the community.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Fuck off.... NEVER BUY on this store, or give your money to ANY project ROGER VER is involved with. These include:

BLOCKCHAIN.INFO
BITINSTANT LLC
MEMORY DEALERS
BITCOIN STORE

ROGER VER and the thugs at bitcoinstore decided it was a good idea to abuse their admin priviledge at blockchain.info (that he should have never had by the way) to exhort a customer of them for some change owed.

I am taking this as a ringing endorsement btw.  People who work hard on creating the BTC economy, ROGER VER included, will be rewarded and their works live on.

Thieves, scammers, and nobodies will rage and cry in posts like yours.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN.INFO
BITINSTANT LLC
MEMORY DEALERS
BITCOIN STORE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello,

As some of you may have noticed, there was a bit of a mess on the forums last night. In a thread last night, we released customer information in attempts to publicly shame a scammer.

The community has been outraged at this invasion of privacy.

On behalf of the Bitcoin Store, I would like to apologize.

First, to Nikolaos (Nethead), I apologize for the fumbled, and crude, handling of this situation. Everyone involved at the Bitcoin Store is a hardcore believer in Bitcoin. What some of us saw, true or not, is that someone was attempting to harm his store, and because the store's sole purpose is to promote Bitcoin, we saw this harm as an assault on Bitcoin itself. Our actions were irrational and unprofessional. We handled the situation poorly. I'm sorry.

I was reading through the threads and noticed this:

As soon as this ends i give up the bitcoin idea entirely

All my bitcoins will be given away
I will start a thread sometime later today or max tommorow, This right here got me

Please don't leave Nethead. Scammer or not, Bitcoin needs people like you just as much as Bitcoin needs businesses like ours. We're sorry for this mess up, don't let it spoil Bitcoin for you.

Second, to the rest of the Bitcoin community. Today you got to see that everyone is indeed fallible. We apologize for these mistakes. You have trusted us with your business and today we failed to act in the utmost care required by that trust. I would say that everyone has their off days, but we're not going to make excuses. We screwed up, we'll work to make this right with everyone.

We have taken the following steps to stop this from ever occurring again:

Please reply with any further suggestions you have for us.

Thank you,
-Jon
Pages:
Jump to: