Pages:
Author

Topic: Sumokoin - The litecoin of Monero - page 4. (Read 2093 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 136
November 28, 2017, 01:59:15 AM
Sumokoin market cap is less than 1 percent of Monero so it has nice potential for
appreciation going by that alone. It does not have to be better than Monero to gain value.
Activity: 493
Merit: 551
November 28, 2017, 01:40:33 AM
Use the original. XMR.
Not any ICO pseudomoneros or premined wannabe coins. Thats it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
November 28, 2017, 01:35:20 AM
I have not heard a post as stupid as fredericos' comment. Sumokoin is a fork with a premine, so that makes it against the philosophy of the Monero development team.

In any case, calling Sumo the litecoin of bitcoin is an insult to Monero.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
November 27, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
Aeon's developer is smooth, one of the core Monero devs.. Aeon is Monero's little brother, litecoin if you will.

Aeon will have the code base updated to Monero's current code in 2018. It's also designed for Mobile whereas Monero is not. Accumulating this coin is a very good idea. HODL people!
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
November 27, 2017, 05:42:59 PM
I like Sumo but between the two, I opted to put my money on Aeon.
Activity: 338
Merit: 100
November 27, 2017, 05:39:43 PM
but what happens with price in july 2018 when devs open first locked wallet with 600 000 coins, I don't think that price will react well

Well the funds should be used for further development, adding to exchanges and so on.
It would not be smart to dump those coins since in the coming years, the other locked coins will be released.
Activity: 363
November 27, 2017, 05:33:59 PM
but what happens with price in july 2018 when devs open first locked wallet with 600 000 coins, I don't think that price will react well
Activity: 460
Merit: 12
November 27, 2017, 05:26:24 PM
I am also watching Sumo closely and believe it has great potential. Development is strong and community and price is growing due to it being profitable to mine. I am conflicted on the premine but I think it was a good idea to place the funds in escrowed wallets to prevent dev dumps.
Activity: 338
November 27, 2017, 05:08:35 PM
I think SUMO has the potential to gain quite a lot of value.

Monero paved the way for Cryptonote currencies, but people are always looking for alternatives, and developers for opportunities. There's AEON, but AEON is highly focused on mobile and the core blockchain may differ too much in the future for merged development with Monero. SUMO is more similar to big brother Monero. Developments for each will benefit both.

For example, SUMO just announced that the first part of the code for sub-addresses is now on github. The feature will be live within the next week or so. Sub-addresses are a very useful addition that make it more realistic for people to actually use cryptocurrency day-to-day without revealing the source of their funds.

Monero may add them upstream in the future. You can read about sub-addresses in SUMO on github here: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/28 and this week's announcement about sub-addresses here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24880464

This is just the start - SUMO is a development-focused cryptocurrency, and I believe it will become a testbed/alternative to Monero. Think Litecoin to Bitcoin. SUMO can add features before it would be realistic to add them to Monero.

SUMO had a premine, but the premine is set aside in escrow until 2018, 2019 and 2020 to pay for development. I think that such a large development/marketing fund will give SUMO stable growth, similar to how DASH has been successful long term due to a large built-in development fund. SUMO's fundamentals are solid and there's a lot of reason to think it'll be a lot bigger than it is now.
Pages:
Jump to: