Pages:
Author

Topic: Sunlot is buying Mt. Gox, hopes to make customers whole! - page 2. (Read 2274 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It only compensates people from US / Canada.
The majority of the MtGox customers were foreigners (including me).
These foreign customers are not included in this Class Action

Well that's what matters.

Nobody really cares about ppl from 3rd world countries.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Gox is alive?
Are there any other sources to verify this, or currently just the one .pdf?
ar9
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Just don't see how it's feasible or possible to make customers whole without Bitcoin value shooting up to unimaginable value.

The majority of the customers prolly didn't have much BTC/fiat in there.  Won't take much to make 90% happy. 

This would be legally reprehensible.
0% chance that 90% of the users are made whole and the top 10% are not.

0%.
Activity: 274
Sweet news!

Apparently Karpeles relinquished Gox to the courts, and now, as a result of U.S. litigation, it looks like Sunlot will be buying Gox from the Japanese court representative and giving 16.5% of the interest to Goxxed customers.

This is good for Bitcoin!

http://www.savegox.com/press/Gox_Creditor_Settlement_Press_Release.pdf

...and good for me too cause I got ~10 BTC and about 1000 bucks tied up!

This press release by Sun Lot looks to be an attempts to get a ball rolling that may or may not be in everyone's best interest. It looks like several key people from MtGox are agreeing to this, but I am not sure this holds water as the administrator in Japan will dictate where the assets go.

I wish anyone luck in bringing about recovery of as many coins as possible, but be more clear on your plans. The use of the phrase "make customers whole" seems overstated in this case. Will Sunlot really return 100% of Bitcoin and FIAT deposits back to the depositors?
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
It only compensates people from US / Canada.
The majority of the MtGox customers were foreigners (including me).
These foreign customers are not included in this Class Action
Activity: 140
Put your trust in MATH.
i dont get what whole means. does this mean if i had 10 bitcoins im getting 1.65 btc back? this would be some good knows for those goxxed but idk dont see it happening from a business stand point

It means you get what you are supposed to have, I think.

Instead of 'hole' in your wallet, you wallet is 'whole.'
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
i dont get what whole means. does this mean if i had 10 bitcoins im getting 1.65 btc back? this would be some good knows for those goxxed but idk dont see it happening from a business stand point
Put your trust in MATH.
Just don't see how it's feasible or possible to make customers whole without Bitcoin value shooting up to unimaginable value.

The majority of the customers prolly didn't have much BTC/fiat in there.  Won't take much to make 90% happy. 
ar9
Activity: 352
Put your trust in MATH.
Sweet news!

Apparently Karpeles relinquished Gox to the courts, and now, as a result of U.S. litigation, it looks like Sunlot will be buying Gox from the Japanese court representative and giving 16.5% of the interest to Goxxed customers.

This is good for Bitcoin!

http://www.savegox.com/press/Gox_Creditor_Settlement_Press_Release.pdf

...and good for me too cause I got ~10 BTC and about 1000 bucks tied up!
Pages:
Jump to: