Pages:
Author

Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL - page 6. (Read 115629 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Truth wins inevitably.
November 23, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
Great to some action on Supercoin.

I willing to donate some supercoins myself to contribute to the development of supercoin.

Before targetting exhanges like bittrex we first have to build a stronger foundation. I think with input from the community we can make Supercoin great again.

Before doing marketing, i think it is best to lay the ground work first. Then we have something to show for.

I prefer discord over slack 100%. A lot of coins are jumping from slack to discord because you can manage it much better. Also, have a telegram group to discuss supercoins future too
Hi guys ! I think a new ANN , clean with all the new data in it , and a donation from all of us to get Supercoin back on Bittrex is the best start ! It will grow , it will atract new people to our comunity and possible a new developer to get the project further ! For example , i am new to this coin , and i try to enter the website posted in the beggining of the Ann ! What will be my first reaction ? Trust =0 , no investment !  ANN s name scares me ! Bittrex gives me a bit of confidence and so on .. ( i am a shareholder anyway , it s been years and it s lovely to see tou guys still care ; let s make it big. )
Yeah I agree 100%. First lets begin with new clean and attractive ANN without revival word. We also gonna need all types of wallet to be included within new ANN for wider range of usability.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 08:57:17 AM

Now, don't shoot me, I'm just posting my thoughts here
Why do we need to overhaul the wallet?
It works the way it is.

The wallet works fine but it's a memory hog. I'm not sure if it's loading the entire blockchain into memory or something but it eats 1.5gb of RAM when it's open. Ideally, that should be fixed.

If we change the logo (the brand) wouldn't this hurt the coin?

Possibly, possibly not. Rebranding can sometimes damage an existing reputation, other times it can be a breathe of fresh air and a new lease of life. Personally, I'm not bothered about rebranding it.

I do believe we should use that effort, team-spirit and, if necessary, that money to spread the word of SuperCoin
To focus more on marketing and getting mainstream by:
- contacting exchanges
- creating videos for the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCefOoTEbTeVCGXE93TZ1e6A
- twittering more https://twitter.com/_SuperCoin_
- make people aware of our website https://supercoin.nl/
- Open a slack channel, which was already requested several times here on the board (your message was received Recharged Wink)

All good ideas. I'm happy for the Super I'd kick in to go towards any of these - it doesn't have to be given straight to a dev. If people think it's better used paying a listing fee for an exchange (for example) then go for it.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
November 23, 2017, 07:13:38 AM
Great to some action on Supercoin.

I willing to donate some supercoins myself to contribute to the development of supercoin.

Before targetting exhanges like bittrex we first have to build a stronger foundation. I think with input from the community we can make Supercoin great again.

Before doing marketing, i think it is best to lay the ground work first. Then we have something to show for.

I prefer discord over slack 100%. A lot of coins are jumping from slack to discord because you can manage it much better. Also, have a telegram group to discuss supercoins future too
Activity: 115
November 23, 2017, 05:39:50 AM
Hi guys ! I think a new ANN , clean with all the new data in it , and a donation from all of us to get Supercoin back on Bittrex is the best start ! It will grow , it will atract new people to our comunity and possible a new developer to get the project further ! For example , i am new to this coin , and i try to enter the website posted in the beggining of the Ann ! What will be my first reaction ? Trust =0 , no investment !  ANN s name scares me ! Bittrex gives me a bit of confidence and so on .. ( i am a shareholder anyway , it s been years and it s lovely to see tou guys still care ; let s make it big. )
Activity: 298
Merit: 12
November 23, 2017, 02:22:07 AM
Cheesy

Right now we gonna need variety of wallets for users having different OS to make SUPER usable in wider range.

I'm working on the linux one, I'll post a status update on Sunday.
My weekend is pretty booked so I might need another week to dig into it.
Truth wins inevitably.
November 22, 2017, 11:08:13 PM
Love the outlook.

I think supersend still needs finishing.
Greg Griffith https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/griffith-162760 of ECC reviewed the code and although impressed by the direction the original devs took with supersend stated that it appeared some work still needed to be done.

Thats a good reason to bring in a competent dev to update core, finish supersend and release an updated wallet.

Rebrand canceled. You made a good point.

How about a marketing push?

It's good to see activity here again.

All this buzz is causing me to stake my wallet again :-)
But other reviews(requested by fuze0000 to other coder) suggests everything works flawlessly.Although Griffith said that in past he couldn't give a valid reason for that.So there is no problem there in fact.So leave that part instead we can add other functions in addition.

Right now we gonna need variety of wallets for users having different OS to make SUPER usable in wider range.Then we gonna need it listed in other big exchanges like bittrex as we're getting good amount of volume too.
Well said thirstygerry  Wink
You probably know this but It'll be great if some original devs come back to the project, and fast. The whole business about anonymizing transactions has been giving headache to people and some of the recent coins already have plans to use SuperSend as DeepSend. Its the DeepOnion Coin that I am talking about.
There is a lot of people already who know about Supercoin through Deeponion.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
November 22, 2017, 04:59:31 PM
Activity: 298
Merit: 12
November 22, 2017, 04:02:33 PM
First of all we need to build a stronger community that supports Supercoin. People have to know about the technology. We have to listen to the community what where we want Supercoin to go to and build a roadmap. Than we have to hire a dev to accomplish this.

Super's tech is great.

The project needs a new wallet, marketing, and a re-brand.

I can't help with the marketing, but I do have a team of designers that I could ask to produce new logo and branding ideas. The community could vote on which they preferred and the wallet / website updated accordingly. If anyone thinks this is worthwhile, let me know.

you hire a dev, pay him/her in super and lock the super away until deliverables are received.

A legit dev who signs on will understand the value proposition. 400k Super is $52,000. After dev completes that should be worth in excess of $250,000. Not a bad payday for a couple months work.

Hi guys

Let me just say how great it is to see everyone here putting their head together! Cheesy
It really feels like a community already!

Good job everyone!

Now, don't shoot me, I'm just posting my thoughts here
Why do we need to overhaul the wallet?
It works the way it is.

If we change the logo (the brand) wouldn't this hurt the coin?
I'm not sure that our community is strong enough to survive a makeover.
Because if we do, we'll just become one of those coins who struggled and then decided to try again under a different brand.

One of SuperCoin's strength is the fact that IT'S STILL ACTIVE.
Even through years without fancy support or constant wallet updates.
We are known for our consistency.
Our stability.

There's nothing wrong with the logo, or the brand.

So why go out and throw thousands of dollars/euros at a developer to change those things?
Hiring a dev to work on something that already functions, is just a waste of money imho.
Also, even if we find something for him to work on other than cosmetic changes there IS NO GUARANTEE AT ALL that the value will of the coin will go up.
Yet here we are already talking about a five-fold increase in value Smiley

I do believe we should use that effort, team-spirit and, if necessary, that money to spread the word of SuperCoin
To focus more on marketing and getting mainstream by:
- contacting exchanges
- creating videos for the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCefOoTEbTeVCGXE93TZ1e6A
- twittering more https://twitter.com/_SuperCoin_
- make people aware of our website https://supercoin.nl/
- Bstappleton has some other great ideas
- Open a slack channel, which was already requested several times here on the board (your message was received Recharged Wink)

Why change a winning team instead of making it even better?
Dressing up a horse won't make it run faster Smiley

I suggest we put our energy in moving on with what we've got now.
If in the future the need arises to make changes to the code and thus possibly lose a part of our userbase, then so be it.
But for now, there's still so much we can, nay MUST do before changing the fundamentals that make our beloved coin what it is.
legendary
November 22, 2017, 03:50:57 PM
you hire a dev, pay him/her in super and lock the super away until deliverables are received.

A legit dev who signs on will understand the value proposition. 400k Super is $52,000. After dev completes that should be worth in excess of $250,000. Not a bad payday for a couple months work.
Truth wins inevitably.
November 22, 2017, 06:10:05 AM

Actually there are others too who want to help out including myself.Also there will be more who will donate.So we can make a dev fund which can be managed by a community.

Well, thirstygerry has set up BTC and ETH wallets for development donations but we could do with a Super one too. I like the idea of paying a dev in Super for the reasons outlined by that poster you quoted - it makes the dev a stakeholder and provides a personal incentive to work on the coin. That said, I've got no problem paying set fees for a freelance developer to implement specific things the community decides on. There are pros and cons to both ways of working.

If the others who offered to donate Super to a development fund are still interested then it would be good to hear from them. I wouldn't expect them to offer the same amount, though - 6 months is a long time in crypto and the recent prices rises mean that 25k Super is now worth quite a few pennies.
Hmm i liked this part.
freelance developer to implement specific things the community decides on
It would be good to hire freelance dev only for implementing what would make SUPEr even super.

Yeah but I do believe they'll contribute what they can for the development of SUPER.
November 22, 2017, 05:49:51 AM

Actually there are others too who want to help out including myself.Also there will be more who will donate.So we can make a dev fund which can be managed by a community.

Well, thirstygerry has set up BTC and ETH wallets for development donations but we could do with a Super one too. I like the idea of paying a dev in Super for the reasons outlined by that poster you quoted - it makes the dev a stakeholder and provides a personal incentive to work on the coin. That said, I've got no problem paying set fees for a freelance developer to implement specific things the community decides on. There are pros and cons to both ways of working.

If the others who offered to donate Super to a development fund are still interested then it would be good to hear from them. I wouldn't expect them to offer the same amount, though - 6 months is a long time in crypto and the recent prices rises mean that 25k Super is now worth quite a few pennies.
November 22, 2017, 05:39:52 AM

I'd commit 10K super without a second thought.

I'll match that. At current prices, 20k Super is about $2500. That should get the ball rolling.
Truth wins inevitably.
November 22, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

Super's tech is great.

It really is. That's what attracted me to this coin in the first place.

You seem to have been around a while. Can you recommend anyone who'd take a fistful of Super to overhaul the wallet?

I can't help with the marketing, but I do have a team of designers that I could ask to produce new logo and branding ideas. The community could vote on which they preferred and the wallet / website updated accordingly. If anyone thinks this is worthwhile, let me know.

I wish I did. Everybody is working and the only devs I know are the ones that I hold the largest bags of. :-)

update: I pm'd you a possible.

How about someone put together a google doc with donation commitments to pay for a dev to turn this around.

I will donate 25k SUPER and if i understand correctly @pro-investor & @apojii will also donate 25k each.
That is 75k SUPER so far.
I.m.o. paying a dev in SUPER to develop Supercoin is recommended.
When a dev holds SUPER too he's more connected (and hopefully loyal) to the project and every positive move Supercoin will
made, the dev will also have advantage of.

If it is needed i can donate some more than 25k SUPER.

When we reach 400k SUPER that would be about 1% of the available SUPER supply right now (which will grow thanks to PoS).
That's a nice amount for a new dev to step in... and he also get's lots of thanks and love from SUPER holders  Wink

Wink

I can also donate +25K super so we could reach 400K faster.
legendary
November 21, 2017, 11:52:11 PM

Super's tech is great.

You seem to have been around a while. Can you recommend anyone who'd take a fistful of Super to overhaul the wallet?

I wish I did. Everybody is working and the only devs I know are the ones that I hold the largest bags of. :-)

update: I pm'd you a possible.

How about someone put together a google doc with donation commitments to pay for a dev to turn this around.
November 21, 2017, 04:31:44 PM

Super's tech is great.

November 21, 2017, 04:29:52 PM

I am running a full resync from the beginning. Its day 2 now. About 60% done now.

I'd let it finish synching first and then see what shakes out.

Well at this time it doesnt stake anymore. I have like 40 unverified transactions from the last 4 hours alone Sad

This doesnt seem ok

In my understanding, it can't stake when it's not synched anyway - it can't insert anything into a blockchain that's not up to date. I'd just completely ignore those ghost transactions and wait until it's finished. Then it should start staking fine.

Alright thanks. I will wait until its fully synced
November 21, 2017, 04:27:07 PM

I am running a full resync from the beginning. Its day 2 now. About 60% done now.

Well at this time it doesnt stake anymore. I have like 40 unverified transactions from the last 4 hours alone Sad

This doesnt seem ok

In my understanding, it can't stake when it's not synched anyway - it can't insert anything into a blockchain that's not up to date. I'd just completely ignore those ghost transactions and wait until it's finished. Then it should start staking fine.
November 21, 2017, 04:20:38 PM

This doesnt seem ok
November 21, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

November 21, 2017, 03:48:59 PM
Guys need your help:

But the last 4 hours or so, i see incoming transactions from staking but the are not getting verified all of a sudden.

It says: generated but not accepted Mined

What is the problem? Will they be verified afterwords?

Pages:
Jump to: