Pages:
Author

Topic: SUPERCOIN'S REVIVAL - page 75. (Read 115659 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
February 08, 2016, 04:53:19 PM
Is this possible Griffith?

yup, possible. i kinda wanna redo a website though... webdev time.

fun fact, bunsoni was wrong. there is no max coin amount for supercoin,

i just noticed it now that i look at it because of that previous post

MAX_MONEY has nothing to do with the max amount of coins. lol. its just the max you can send in 1 tx and because of that is used to invalidate a block in a few other scenarios

just to humor everyone, ill post why.

if we compare bitcoin to supercoin.

BITCOIN:
in bitcoin you have this function to determine how many coins a block produces:

CAmount GetBlockSubsidy(int nHeight, const Consensus::Params& consensusParams)
{
    int halvings = nHeight / consensusParams.nSubsidyHalvingInterval;
    // Force block reward to zero when right shift is undefined.
    if (halvings >= 64)
        return 0;

CAmount nSubsidy = 50 * COIN;
    // Subsidy is cut in half every 210,000 blocks which will occur approximately every 4 years.
    nSubsidy >>= halvings;
    return nSubsidy;
}

which can be found at line 1360 in main.cpp at time of posting.

the line for int halvings is nHeight / nSubsidyHavlingInterval; if this number is over 64 then the blocks subsidy is 0 meaning 0 coins will be added to the current coin amount and only fees from txs will be reput into blocks.

the value of nSubsidyHalvingInterval can be found in line 73 of chainparams.cpp to be 210000;

all in all this means if the height of the chain is greater than (64 * 210000) then a block will never add more coins to the network it will only recycle fees.

SUPERCOIN:

Now lets compare this to supercoins code. we are currently in PoS so the function to determine the next blocks value is as follows

static const int YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT = 1576800;

int64_t GetProofOfStakeReward(int64_t nCoinAge, const CBlockIndex* pindex)
{
    int64_t nRewardCoinYear = MAX_PROOF_OF_STAKE_STABLE;
   int nPoSHeight = GetPosHeight(pindex);
   int nPoWHeight = pindex->nHeight - nPoSHeight;
   int64_t nSubsidy = 0;

if(nPoSHeight < YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT)   
   {
      nSubsidy = 100 * nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;

uint256 hash = pindex->GetBlockHash();
      std::string cseed_str = hash.ToString().substr(13,7);
      const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
      long seed = hex2long(cseed);
      int random = GenerateMTRandom(seed, 10000000);

int64_t delta = nCoinAge;
      if(nPoWHeight < 19200)
      {
         delta = delta * 19200 / nPoWHeight;
      }

if(delta > 3000000)
         delta = 3000000;

int lowerLimit = 5000000 - delta;
      int upperLimit = 5000000 + delta;

if(lowerLimit < 0)
         lowerLimit = 0;

if(upperLimit > 10000000)
         upperLimit = 10000000;

// printf(">> random = %d, lowerLimit = %d, upperLimit = %d, nPoWHeight = %d\n",
      //    random, lowerLimit, upperLimit, nPoWHeight);

if(random >= lowerLimit && random <= upperLimit)
      {
         printf(">> Got Super-PoS-Block...yay!\n");
         nSubsidy += 1024 * COIN;
      }
   }
   else if(nPoSHeight < 2 * YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT)   
   {
      nSubsidy = 50 * nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;
   }
   else    
   {
      nSubsidy = nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;
   }

PDV = nSubsidy;
   return nSubsidy;
}

which can be found at line 1122 in main.cpp of supercoins code. as you can see the last else statement is this

if the block is not less than 2 * YEARLY_POS_BLOCK_COUNT

then each block mints this  nRewardCoinYear * nCoinAge / 365;

at no point does it stop minting, meaning at no point does Supercoin hit a max coin count.

i have a feeling at some point someone is gunna call me stupid and ask why arent all coins breaking then, and at which point i will say. they will over time. a good solid example of this is 42 coin which was advertised as having a max of 42 coins and the MAX_MONEY was 42, but they never fixed the minting of the coins. which is why right now there are currently 66 of the  42coins. and 66 > 42, duh. the coin is now broken since the person who cloned it didnt actually care and never fixed/updated the code.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!
February 08, 2016, 02:41:09 PM
February 08, 2016, 02:26:40 PM
fuze0000, you contacted Poloniex to add SUPER? I remember in 2014 there were some problems in this regard , but they have not been able to clearly explain why not.

i already did this

Thanks Griffith!

I would still say that we first need a super stable and easy to use wallet, so whoever is interested can get it.
Then it would be good to be on some decent exchange like bittrex.
And then get some attention.
Or else it seems like a waste of time and effort - getting attention, so everyone can say that its not working.

I hope you are right but I am syncing the wallet for 5 days now, I have 20 connections, and still only have downloaded the blockchain until september. I have a 300MB Internet connection so that is not the point.

Yobit and Cryptopia will have to download that same blockchain, just like anybody else before they can open the exchange for Super. There needs to be a bootrap or a complete blockchain for download because this will harm Super.

Yup. its always good to sync from bootstrap for faster syncing rather than waiting a long tedious time. I hope somebody can upload bootstrap for SUPER.

Is this possible Griffith?
Activity: 509
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
February 08, 2016, 01:28:29 PM
I would still say that we first need a super stable and easy to use wallet, so whoever is interested can get it.
Then it would be good to be on some decent exchange like bittrex.
And then get some attention.
Or else it seems like a waste of time and effort - getting attention, so everyone can say that its not working.

I hope you are right but I am syncing the wallet for 5 days now, I have 20 connections, and still only have downloaded the blockchain until september. I have a 300MB Internet connection so that is not the point.

Yobit and Cryptopia will have to download that same blockchain, just like anybody else before they can open the exchange for Super. There needs to be a bootrap or a complete blockchain for download because this will harm Super.

Yup. its always good to sync from bootstrap for faster syncing rather than waiting a long tedious time. I hope somebody can upload bootstrap for SUPER.
February 08, 2016, 01:05:10 PM
fuze0000, you contacted Poloniex to add SUPER? I remember in 2014 there were some problems in this regard , but they have not been able to clearly explain why not.

Poloniex did have issues with SUPER back in 2014. Poloniex believed Supercoin was a scam once upon a time.  I am not sure why. I haven't not contacted them as of yet.  I can today!  The main issue is to get poloniex to add supercoin is for them to believe that Supercoin doesn't need them.
If multiple exchanges add supercoin and the exchanges volumes are going well Poloniex will add Supercoin just to make some more profit.
legendary
Activity: 1400
February 08, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

i already did this
Activity: 894
February 08, 2016, 12:10:56 PM
You want a revival?
Focus 100% on the Chinese market.
The Chinese will love Super (catchy name, anon,good POS,...)
All you need is a dedicated Chinese speaking PR guy and a Chinese website...
Look what they did with Earthcoin for example, this coin was dead a few months ago.

Regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
February 08, 2016, 11:57:57 AM

Team SUPERCOIN! As long as everything goes correctly Supercoin will be on yobit.com before the end of the week!  Crack open those wallets and continue minting!

Activity: 688
Merit: 611
February 08, 2016, 09:28:50 AM
February 08, 2016, 09:07:48 AM
Is this REAL?  Shocked
Yes it is real!  The goal is to provide the much needed PR.  The tech works!  It just need some minor changes such as a faster boot time and a conf.file that installs all by its self. 20 second transaction with Supersend which is still anonymous with multisignature! Probably more anonymous than Dash!  We want to be critique so we can finally prove to the cryptocurrency world how amazing and efficient Supercoin can be!
February 08, 2016, 08:59:18 AM
Only 1 hour to go on cryptopia, we dropped to 3rd place but now back in the leed.   Lets do this!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

14min to go! and out in front by 36479 dot.... this is the home straight now...

Last Winner: Supercoin(SUPER) - 159980 DOT votes

Whoo Hoo.... We did it.... Good stuff... Gonna go celebrate this with supercold beer as its 40 degree in the shade today in Western Australia.....

Very Happy for the Super Community today, its a small step but its a good step forwards and hopefully towards getting listed on some of the other higher volume exchanges.
I hope to see ECC and MWC follow suit.....

Team SUPERCOIN! As long as everything goes correctly Supercoin will be on yobit.com before the end of the week!  Crack open those wallets and continue minting!
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
February 08, 2016, 07:59:03 AM
Question on the IPO :

How will that take place: an open offer on an exchange ?  Where will the coins come from ?

IPO? I don't think there is an IPO. We want Super to have an exchange again so we can trade....thats what I understand of it
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
February 08, 2016, 07:43:32 AM
Question on the IPO :

How will that take place: an open offer on an exchange ?  Where will the coins come from ?
legendary
February 08, 2016, 07:42:26 AM
Only 1 hour to go on cryptopia, we dropped to 3rd place but now back in the leed.   Lets do this!

Whoo Hoo.... We did it.... Good stuff... Gonna go celebrate this with supercold beer as its 40 degree in the shade today in Western Australia.....

Very Happy for the Super Community today, its a small step but its a good step forwards and hopefully towards getting listed on some of the other higher volume exchanges.

Great work ...  The Supercoin community must be larger than expected !  The wallet and blockchain is fast and smooth, so that will keep holders interested.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 08, 2016, 05:45:27 AM
Is this REAL?  Shocked
Activity: 894
February 08, 2016, 04:00:33 AM
Why are you all so excited about Cryptopia?
It's a low volume exchange...
I can't see why this is so great for Super?

Regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
NYC NYC NYC
February 08, 2016, 02:47:01 AM

February 07, 2016, 09:12:04 PM
legendary
February 07, 2016, 08:34:04 PM
Anyone have an idea of the address of the Crypsy wallet ?

(and Mintpal for that matter)
February 07, 2016, 07:54:10 PM
Pages:
Jump to: