Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1599. (Read 3049505 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 100
September 25, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
Well TerraHash is officially out of the business, so that's one less competition to add to the difficulty.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/off-topic-198489

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 25, 2013, 09:58:39 PM
They made it clear that the stuff is as far as they knew all going to arrive in time.

So until they know otherwise harrassing them is just a waste of space and time.

If something ends up running late enough to derail their plans maybe they will tell us so once it happens.

In the meantime we already have been informed what is going on: everything was on track last we heard.

-MarkM-
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 25, 2013, 08:52:23 PM
Its a matter of ONE minute to write a twitter or forum message "The chips arrive friday, saturday or whatever"...
assholes like you insist on some wild ass guess then bring blame when suppliers / shippers / etc make the guess inaccurate? Jerk.

-MarkM-

Seriously, you are getting insulting cause of a simple question? Are you that close to fuckn freak out?

You know maybe they deliver on time maybe they wont. Maybe it will be a profitable venture maybe it wont. But YOU have just prooven to be a fuckin donk.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
eve
Activity: 210
September 25, 2013, 08:41:30 PM
most will loose their bets for the 1st October Delivery Wink 4 more days to go and knc is increasing theirs bets on the "Yes" vote.
Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
September 25, 2013, 08:25:03 PM
wrong sir diif change not 10 but 9 days now and the rise is not 90 % but really 126%
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 25, 2013, 08:20:09 PM
Its a matter of ONE minute to write a twitter or forum message "The chips arrive friday, saturday or whatever"...

And have it turn out to be a lie?

If it is just their guess, then they already told you: everything is on track.

If it is to be the day they actually do arrive, then until that day arrives they don't know.

No wonder Josh makes shit up, assholes like you insist on some wild ass guess then bring blame when suppliers / shippers / etc make the guess inaccurate? Jerk.

-MarkM-
erk
Activity: 826
September 25, 2013, 08:14:09 PM
I am surprised KNCminer haven't shown us a working prototype by now. It's almost the end of September and they would need a few days to assemble all the units promised for day 1 shipments.

no chips in hand = no final prototypes.  However that may not be the same answer within the next 2-4 days. (fingers crossed)
That's what I mean, I am surprised that they don't have the chips in hand already, with so few days of September left.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 25, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
... but I am totally concerned about my 1.5 coin which i stand to lose from bitbet if they fail on the whole overdeliver "on time".

Don't you worry about your 1.5BTC good Sir, for two reasons:
1) They are going too a good hands (mine, i have to admit, among the others)
2) Your 1.5BTC is the least of your worries since any "in two weeks™" delay slashes your ROI for sizable percentage. As a matter of fact 2016 blocks between 30+% difficulty rise tend to come in 10 instead of 14 days lately, so "two weeks" come quicker than imagined.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 25, 2013, 08:10:23 PM
Again, just chill.
ImI
legendary
September 25, 2013, 08:05:17 PM
Indeed it would be nice to get some details. I honor the way KNC is handling things so far but there news policy could need some optimizing.

It needs just a minute from a secretary and everyone would be pleased.

Have the chips arrived?

If not, when are they supposed to arrive and wasnt they meant to arrive earlier this week?

I have no problems with delays, cause i see them doing everything they can to supply those miners as early as possible, so thats OK with me.

But i would like to stay informed daily in this very critical phase that we are right now. Like i said, one minute work for some office worker and we all know whats going on.

Or you know, just relax and be patient.....

We are in the most crtitical week right now, several thousand dollars have been invested, i really think we all deserve some details whats going on right now.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 25, 2013, 07:57:14 PM
Indeed it would be nice to get some details. I honor the way KNC is handling things so far but there news policy could need some optimizing.

Have the chips arrived?

If not, when are they supposed to arrive and wasnt they meant to arrive earlier this week?

I have no problems with delays, cause i see them doing everything they can to supply those miners as early as possible, so thats OK with me.

But i would like to stay informed daily in this very critical phase that we are right now. Like i said, one minute work for some office worker and we all know whats going on.

Or you know, just relax and be patient.....
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
September 25, 2013, 07:54:21 PM

Have the chips arrived?

motion to move all KNC forum members to the KNC Forum for further speculation and discussion.
ImI
legendary
September 25, 2013, 07:48:00 PM

Have the chips arrived?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
September 25, 2013, 07:44:39 PM
I am surprised KNCminer haven't shown us a working prototype by now. It's almost the end of September and they would need a few days to assemble all the units promised for day 1 shipments.

no chips in hand = no final prototypes.  However that may not be the same answer within the next 2-4 days. (fingers crossed)
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 25, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
Yeah, cause there's just so much real world applications for double SHA256, the  possibilities are endless! You might as well go and buy a few tulip buds.

Just like the internet in 1995....you can't see what hasn't been yet created (the amount of available ASICS processing power is very high and could potentially be monetized other than just mining coins)....Plus FWIW there are shitons of people who make a viable living doing stuff that we would scoff at - janitorial businesses, fast food propritors, ditch diggers, and yes, tulip growers. 

When I first saw KnC they were saying a couple of things that I got mixed up for a short time, they were talking about a litecoin rig and modular miners...and for a short time I had a picture of a dual miner, one module mining each ..the litecoins paying the power bill while the other mined BTC.

You're right about people finding a way to use all this kit I think, necessity is the mother of invention.

Back in 1995 Internet exploder was by far the top browser, Chrome didn't exist....no-one would have believed what we have now. Maybe well all end up looking back and wishing we'd been mining another currency that follows the same path as BTC has.

Loieeesssssssss it was netscape navigator - you aged yourself...youngin

Arachne browser.  I offered a canned ham but times they were already changin'.
erk
Activity: 826
September 25, 2013, 07:29:21 PM

Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
September 25, 2013, 07:19:12 PM
This thread is becoming tedious. Tongue

Here ya go I will summerize for every one.. bla bla bla roi bla bla bla roi bla bla bla they have not shipped yet bla bla bla.. sounds about right.

If ya care about roi what are ya doing in bitcoin mining now?  Huh

Anywho technally they got till the 15th of October till they are truly late on any of them.  Shocked So get off your grumpy couch and go ride a ferris wheel with some ice cream!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 25, 2013, 06:50:19 PM
Yeah, cause there's just so much real world applications for double SHA256, the  possibilities are endless! You might as well go and buy a few tulip buds.

Just like the internet in 1995....you can't see what hasn't been yet created (the amount of available ASICS processing power is very high and could potentially be monetized other than just mining coins)....Plus FWIW there are shitons of people who make a viable living doing stuff that we would scoff at - janitorial businesses, fast food propritors, ditch diggers, and yes, tulip growers.  

When I first saw KnC they were saying a couple of things that I got mixed up for a short time, they were talking about a litecoin rig and modular miners...and for a short time I had a picture of a dual miner, one module mining each ..the litecoins paying the power bill while the other mined BTC.

You're right about people finding a way to use all this kit I think, necessity is the mother of invention.

Back in 1995 Internet exploder was by far the top browser, Chrome didn't exist....no-one would have believed what we have now. Maybe well all end up looking back and wishing we'd been mining another currency that follows the same path as BTC has.

The first graphical browser was Mosaic I think :p. Then Netscape, then Infernal Exploder and then FailFox. Safari was still in Steve's ovary. (wow that rhymed!)
FTFY
Activity: 186
September 25, 2013, 06:40:34 PM

The first browser was Mosaic I think :p. Then Netscape, then Infernal Exploder and then FailFox. Safari was still in Steve's ovary. (wow that rhymed!)
Jump to: