Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1877. (Read 3049501 times)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
August 06, 2013, 10:49:25 PM
All things considered, I may move to or just set up an office in Mobile, Ala, where electric is still .08, and Sirloin isn't $23/lb(Barring Safeway's GMO Beef) Anything over 3 jupiters would pay for the rent just in electrical cost offset  @ 650/mo for typical office space)

energy cost in Alabama is above the national average

the cheapest cost of living when giving extra weight to utility prices would be in texas and oklahoma
http://www.alabamapower.com/residential/pricing-rates/standard-rate-family-dwelling.asp
.08... national avg is .12

EDIT  DID you say Houston is .08 as well? cool, anyone near Ft. Worth with an estimate as well?

hmm, i'm not sure about the accuracy of that site.  'alabamapower', probably some BS.

i live in a rural area in NE texas, my elec ranges from 6.8c to 8.8c, with it being at 7.3c right now.  it's highly dependent on natural gas prices...  which probably won't go up a whole lot, considering the new shale fields being discovered every month

ed:  http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/45d75ad0-fe7f-11e2-97dc-00144feabdc0.html

haha
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:45:03 PM
B.I.  (Big Island) Right by Volcanoes National Park. I can see Pu-u O-o Vent glowing Pele's Red Madness from my house. Most of my immediate family lives on Maui... Where I moved from. (was paying $1,200/mo for a studio) I was easily able to buy land & build here. 3 acre lots are still available under 20k

Yes, but Pele might take your land & the coqui frogs will drive you nuts!  Wink
Actually, I'm a bit protected from Pele's fury, as there are a few hills in between... (Barring a shift in the tradewinds)as for the Doggone little bastard Coqui Frogs... Yeah, they are seasonal fortunately this high in altitude, they die back every winter. It's common for us to get 45-50 degrees(F) at times during the night. The orchids love it, my bones don't.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
All things considered, I may move to or just set up an office in Mobile, Ala, where electric is still .08, and Sirloin isn't $23/lb(Barring Safeway's GMO Beef) Anything over 3 jupiters would pay for the rent just in electrical cost offset  @ 650/mo for typical office space)

the cheapest cost of living when giving extra weight to utility prices would be in texas and oklahoma
http://www.alabamapower.com/residential/pricing-rates/standard-rate-family-dwelling.asp
.08... national avg is .12

EDIT  DID you say Houston is .08 as well? cool, anyone near Ft. Worth with an estimate as well?
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 06, 2013, 10:40:50 PM

Yes. It's .08/kwh here in Houston.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 10:37:22 PM
B.I.  (Big Island) Right by Volcanoes National Park. I can see Pu-u O-o Vent glowing Pele's Red Madness from my house. Most of my immediate family lives on Maui... Where I moved from. (was paying $1,200/mo for a studio) I was easily able to buy land & build here. 3 acre lots are still available under 20k

Yes, but Pele might take your land & the coqui frogs will drive you nuts!  Wink
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
August 06, 2013, 10:34:32 PM

legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:31:41 PM
Activity: 364
August 06, 2013, 10:28:54 PM
Transam808..B.I. as well, eh?  I'm near Volcano... U?
Im over in Kona my self.
Buggah. I was hoping you were Hilo-Side.

Hey Phoenix, what island are you on? If you're on Oahu, we've got all the major islands covered except for Maui because I'm at the top of the island chain.  Cheesy

Yeah, I'm finalizing my Solar PV install with Haleakala Solar. Gonna have to try to deal with our gnarly electricity rates somehow. I also bought mining shares with ASICMiner to hedge against hardware depreciation & mining power loss due to network growth. May have to shift to pure mining pool shares once I build up enough BTC & if it becomes too expensive to run my mining gear on order.

BTW, I was interested in KnC or BitFury. If you feel like selling a share or some shares I'd be up for committing $1.5-2K to help pay for one of your miners. I'd help with electricity, of course. I was going to do my own pre-order on a Mercury soon but since you have a early pre-order I wouldn't mind helping out on the costs you're already committed to. No pressure, just something I thought of right now.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:10:41 PM
Yes, yes, and if by Oct/Nov, you mean September/October shipping, Yes! Good luck
Activity: 251
August 06, 2013, 10:08:46 PM
Can't wait to see news on units beginning to ship.

OP, does the $129 shipping fee cover shipping the unit(s) safely to Australia?

Are you on track with meeting your October / November shipping schedule?

Thanks,
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

I just put down 1 btc bet on KnC not able to deliver on time, LOL.
Cool, I'll be enjoying your BTC at Blane's Drive-in!    Woof! (evil-grin)
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 10:01:56 PM
Transam808..B.I. as well, eh?  I'm near Volcano... U?
Im over in Kona my self.
Buggah. I was hoping you were Hilo-Side.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 06, 2013, 10:01:21 PM
KNC Looking rather stale with all the other competitors coming out and eating their power numbers.

KnC has a two month lead time, though. And we don't know what their final power numbers will be either.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
August 06, 2013, 09:58:53 PM
Transam808..B.I. as well, eh?  I'm near Volcano... U?
Im over in Kona my self.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
August 06, 2013, 09:49:31 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

I just put down 1 btc bet on KnC not able to deliver on time, LOL.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 09:47:52 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley
I even bet for them on bitbet...hahaha
Activity: 95
August 06, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
Btw has knc-china.com and kncminer.cn been mentioned before?

So they are targeting the chinese market as well for which they have different bank details for payment:

Account Name: Laurel Financial Network Technology Co., Ltd.
Bank: China Construction Bank
Branch Name: Shanghai Xiangyang Road Branch
Account number: 31001555900050005127

And a skype name too: kncminerchina
WHOA red flag
We are NOT aware of ANY OTHER site than kncminer.com  those are most likely a scam!

Hi Phoenix1969,

I saw that you're in Hawaii & you have a few KnCs on order. Glad to see I'm not the only one in Hawaii that sees a BTC groundswell starting to build. I'm still debating between Bitfury or KnC for my next order.

Too bad there aren't more Hawaii folks doing mining; we could make our own Hawaii pool.  Grin

I'm in Oahu, and hopefully will have an Avalon start mining in a few days. I don't know if I can make ROI on the Avalon, screwed by Bitsyncom, but I'm not gonna sell it, I feel good being a miner. I have been mining with my 5870/6970/7970 for more than two years.

I personally really don't believe KnC can deliver 28nm within 2013. So I didn't order.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 06, 2013, 09:38:32 PM
Transam808..B.I. as well, eh?  I'm near Volcano... U?
Activity: 63
August 06, 2013, 09:34:33 PM
KNC Looking rather stale with all the other competitors coming out and eating their power numbers.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
August 06, 2013, 09:22:02 PM
Btw has knc-china.com and kncminer.cn been mentioned before?

So they are targeting the chinese market as well for which they have different bank details for payment:

Account Name: Laurel Financial Network Technology Co., Ltd.
Bank: China Construction Bank
Branch Name: Shanghai Xiangyang Road Branch
Account number: 31001555900050005127

And a skype name too: kncminerchina
WHOA red flag
We are NOT aware of ANY OTHER site than kncminer.com  those are most likely a scam!

Hi Phoenix1969,

I saw that you're in Hawaii & you have a few KnCs on order. Glad to see I'm not the only one in Hawaii that sees a BTC groundswell starting to build. I'm still debating between Bitfury or KnC for my next order.

Too bad there aren't more Hawaii folks doing mining; we could make our own Hawaii pool.  Grin
Aloha yeah, not many miners here...not suprising considering Helco rates on Electric... Which is also why a pool would not be too profitable here...I have too many orders "pending delivery" to think of more at the moment, but I'm a shopper as well. Come Mid-October, If all is as projected I'll be making decisions then, as for now... Its KNC all the way. I really Think Marcus will Blow the Competition Out of the water with Gen2, we shall see.
The two biggest things I look at  are GH/$, and GH/watt, followed by delivery estimates, which can be tricky, hehe

BTW...  1 jupiter = 1 kw/hr  x 24hrs in a day = 24kw/hrs x 30 days is
720Kw/hrs per month, per jupiter x .43(here on B.I.) comes to 309.60 per month per Jupiter.  The point is...  even if you solar system "Banks" 200Kw/hrs a month, it is not quite 1/3rd of the needed power to run a single Jupiter, which is why it will barely cover a Mercury.
 All things considered, I may move to or just set up an office in Mobile, Ala, where electric is still .08.
I know it will not cover the whole cost.  Right now i have an order on a Saturn in.  Been thinking about the upgrade,  though i have not decided  been waiting to see how things play out a bit.  But if the specs stay the same when the devise comes out. "hopefully wattage will go down some" But at the 500w that's 360kwh now if im banking 200 then that leaves me with just 160 at .43  is 68.8  instead of the full 154.8,   but if i go and install 6 more  panels.   that would cover the extra 160KwH,   Witch would cost me roughly $2500  "  This is not exact and I do get this as cost because i am a contractor out here" Probably more like 5-6k if i had a solar installer.   then on top of that 65% of that i would get back  from tax credits the following year.  So even if it was installed by a solar installer would  pay for it self in no time. 
Jump to: