Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1875. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 05:10:38 PM
but a different location in Stockholm, yes?

No. That' the point. They are working round the clock together, this isn't contracted out work where designers a paid a fee for their time and don't care whether the project succeeds of not. That' the on,y thing these guys are concentrating on and they have a vested interest in seeing it come to fruition. Plus they are competitive. Wink
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 07, 2013, 05:09:27 PM
but a different location in Stockholm, yes?
I'm aware they're a "Team", and share CEO's...  just a thought.
but again...
already stated that they consider that to be "sensitive information"
Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
August 07, 2013, 05:05:19 PM
What part of the fact there are no chips yet, they are being manufactured, KnC is waiting on receiving them, there's not really much to update in the interim do you not understand?!?

But why can't they take a picture of the chips yet?
Because they obviously haven't arrived from the fabrication and packaging plants yet!

I assume Bargraphics is being silly in his response Erk.
Because the chips would be arriving at Orsoc, not KNCMiner.

OMG you do realise KnC is based at ORSoC?! KnC is ORSoC's CEO, their CTO, their lead ASIC designer as well as Sam and Andreas concentrating on the business side, ordering, project management etc.

Have you even read the 'about us' on the KnC site??

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/aboutus
legendary
LIR DEV
August 07, 2013, 05:02:49 PM
What part of the fact there are no chips yet, they are being manufactured, KnC is waiting on receiving them, there's not really much to update in the interim do you not understand?!?

Because they obviously haven't arrived from the fabrication and packaging plants yet!

Because the chips would be arriving at Orsoc, not KNCMiner, and they have already stated that they consider that to be "sensitive information"
Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 07, 2013, 04:59:47 PM
Let's be realistic. If they are really going to deliver in September. Then, they should be tweaking some prototype NOW, OR at least show us some photo of their 28nm chips, OR at the very least, some photo of the shinny wafer. But do we see any of those?

What are you talking about?  You design a chip.  Then you send it off to the fab to fabricate, dice, and package. Then you wait three months, and then you get your chips in the mail.

The only way to get "prototype chips" is to do a small order early, test, and then do another order later on. But that process takes 6 months.

If you do your whole order up front, then there are no prototype chips, they are never created in the first place. KnC will get it's first chips in September, and those will be sent out to customers.  

There is a small chance the chips won't work, but that's unlikely.  

If you think they'd have prototype chips at this point you don't understand how ASIC production cycles work.
August 07, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 07, 2013, 04:55:20 PM

I think he was being sarcastic...  (i hope!)
erk
Activity: 826
August 07, 2013, 04:54:31 PM

August 07, 2013, 04:51:38 PM

BFL said that too, all the time.

Why couldn't KnC reveal more info.? They have very good custom service, hiring people to answering the phone calls, etc. Why couldn't spend 3 more minutes to take some photos of the 28nm chips?

Obviously I don't know.  Most logical reason is they don't have a chip yet.  BFL could delay shipping and the units would still be profitable.  KNC doesn't have that luxury.  Once the date slips, things will get ugly quick.   I think many BFL customers either paid in BTC or went so far past their ability to dispute the charge that they have no option but to wait.   KNC's units are also much more expensive which is another reason things will get ugly if the date slips.  

Waiting for a few more weeks to find out where we are and by then I hope to hear some good news.  Smiley
August 07, 2013, 04:50:51 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

I just put down 1 btc bet on KnC not able to deliver on time, LOL.
Cool, I'll be enjoying your BTC at Blane's Drive-in!    Woof! (evil-grin)

Let's be realistic. If they are really going to deliver in September. Then, they should be tweaking some prototype NOW, OR at least show us some photo of their 28nm chips, OR at the very least, some photo of the shinny wafer. But do we see any of those?

I'm gonna win the bet, I'm 100% sure. If you are that sure you gonna win, please put down more BTC. I can match the amount that you put down up to 20 BTC.

...we will see!!!  I'm biting my nails right now.   I'm rooting for KNC to deliver in September!   The last post from them said they were on schedule--  isn't that enough?   Smiley

Why couldn't KnC reveal more info.? They have very good custom service, hiring people to answering the phone calls, etc. Why couldn't spend 3 more minutes to take some photos of the 28nm chips?

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
August 07, 2013, 04:44:40 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

I'm gonna win the bet, I'm 100% sure. If you are that sure you gonna win, please put down more BTC. I can match the amount that you put down up to 20 BTC.

...we will see!!!  I'm biting my nails right now.   I'm rooting for KNC to deliver in September!   The last post from them said they were on schedule--  isn't that enough?   Smiley

August 07, 2013, 04:36:44 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
August 07, 2013, 04:28:24 PM
bummer...  I do   Smiley

good luck, bro!

legendary
LIR DEV
August 07, 2013, 04:15:30 PM
Just a quick reminder, three days left to participate in my auction of a DAY 1 Jupiter upgrade + 6 months of hosting with KnCMiner,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268149.new#new

Take advantage of this opportunity to increase your hashrate.

All the best for you all,
There's no ebay link here or on the bitcointalk page you provide, so how is one supposed to bid?
So by "day 1 Jupiter upgrade" you mean it was a Saturn, which you later upgraded to a Jupiter, and paid for hosting? and your selling 1/2 the profit, with a starting bid of 50btc(50 x 106 = 5300)
you could very well get some "Takers" on that, but you'll surely need an E-bay acct.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
August 07, 2013, 04:09:05 PM
Just a quick reminder, three days left to participate in my auction of a DAY 1 Jupiter upgrade + 6 months of hosting with KnCMiner,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268149.new#new

Take advantage of this opportunity to increase your hashrate.

All the best for you all,
legendary
LIR DEV
August 07, 2013, 12:59:58 PM
I spoke with my friend in Toowoomba last night again after Mr. FUKT's comments...  his answer was:
 "The total was very near 8k, after shipping & conversion to AUD, and of all the things we've ordered abroad, I've never been charged a VAT."   So, we shall see. Some of the parts we/he have ordered have been valued at thousands of dollars as well. (We do energy research)  Declaration may be the diff.
That's from an Aussie Emu who orders parts from nearly all over the world, whom is practically the second half of my brain. Guess we won't know really for sure until they actually ship, but can you imagine the mess if customs made the habit of holding all declared packages hostage for import Duties? This is usually done at the time you purchase your product. You want to scream "BS", that's okay too; but remember, we do this all the time, you do not. Only time will really tell.
Note: Go to BFL, they have alot of crybabies there...and I have yet to see problems with customs duties on any of the miners they sent... Surely if there were a problem, the babies would have cried VERY LOUD, same goes for Avalon & Bitfury... nuff said.
August 07, 2013, 08:56:14 AM
When does the "upgrade" window close. I'm still debating about upgrading my Mercury.
I'm thinking about selling my July 10th BFL Single on ebay, and just getting the mercury upgrade.

End of this month apparently.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 07, 2013, 08:55:13 AM
When does the "upgrade" window close. I'm still debating about upgrading my Mercury.
I'm thinking about selling my July 10th BFL Single on ebay, and just getting the mercury upgrade.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 07, 2013, 08:53:36 AM
Harsh posties!

Having worked at UPS, I can say that I would not ship anything that I would not be comfortable dropping 3 ft onto a concrete floor. That's about the average treatment a package gets from the less gentle handlers. The good news is that UPS/Fedex/etc are automating nearly everything nowadays so there are many fewer human touches a package gets. Still, there's a reason that you want insurance.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 07, 2013, 08:18:03 AM
Whats the customs fees on shipping to the US?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2797396

Comments have been made that this is included in the UPS shipping charges, but I'm not sure that anyone has verified this. Either way, it's minimal.
Jump to: