Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2068. (Read 3049499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Do we have the ORSoC VAT number for a quick credit check with financial institutions/insurance companies?

Please let me know and I will run that check for the community.

Call/email them here;

Telephone: +46 8-24 84 04. Email: info[at]orsoc.se. Address: Regeringsgatan 111, SE-111 39 Stockholm, SWEDEN

Or it costs £0.47 for the VAT validation here;

http://www.globalbusinessregister.co.uk/CompanyDetails.aspx?country=SE&companyCode=55642217027446&companyName=ORSoC+AB

Yeah, I thought that after +70 pages of thread somebody already had their VAT number. If nobody asked for it yet, I will email them.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Do we have the ORSoC VAT number for a quick credit check with financial institutions/insurance companies?

Call/email them here;

Telephone: +46 8-24 84 04. Email: info[at]orsoc.se. Address: Regeringsgatan 111, SE-111 39 Stockholm, SWEDEN

Or it costs £0.47 for the VAT validation here;

http://www.globalbusinessregister.co.uk/CompanyDetails.aspx?country=SE&companyCode=55642217027446&companyName=ORSoC+AB
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

I'm surprised there's not SSL cert. on their login page.

Do they need one if Paypal handles payments and card info?

is better to have one for security reasons ...

Sure w.r.t. personal data, but everyone's already given that...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

is better to have one for security reasons ...

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Well this sucks I've been keeping an eye on KNC waiting to order early to get a good place in line. Now I come to find out that preorder has been on the whole time? All I had to do was fill out that form and I missed an early place in line as I didn't think It was getting in line... Really bummed now.

How are they making a line without taking money?

How have you been keeping an eye on KNC if you haven't been to their site and read anything?! It's clearly explained on their product pages, and in this thread the entire time, which they've updated...

On top of which you had to register for the newsletter that keeps you abreast of any further info.

Yea I was keeping an eye on it and misunderstood 'getting in line' to registering. Its my bad but it should have been more clear like "place an order to get in line". I went off the first post here saying there where no orders being taken, that it was just registering interest. I was waiting for them to start taking money and was not the only one who was thinking along the same line.

It's going to be interesting to see how this line works since no money was taken and an order can mean 1 or 100 units or more. I'm guessing KNC's statement that 1-500 will be shipped in the first month is not realistic. Again each order is unlimited. Looks like those whom are in the first 500 are going to be the KNC kings able to distribute all KNC products to the rest of us who didn't figure out this system.

BTW anyone want to sell me a low position? If you used an email account you don't care about when purchasing you could sell it to me...  $50 or make offer.

They probably will not pop out 500 sets a month in September, furthermore they need to prioritize what goes out first either Saturn or Jupiter, if you ask me it is more like 100 sets in September ... if they could really meet this dateline. We will see how it fair out with the Mars Miner.. end of May live prototype demo and in another 4 to 5 weeks end of June would you be able to get your Mars Miner? 
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Well this sucks I've been keeping an eye on KNC waiting to order early to get a good place in line. Now I come to find out that preorder has been on the whole time? All I had to do was fill out that form and I missed an early place in line as I didn't think It was getting in line... Really bummed now.

How are they making a line without taking money?

How have you been keeping an eye on KNC if you haven't been to their site and read anything?! It's clearly explained on their product pages, and in this thread the entire time, which they've updated...

On top of which you had to register for the newsletter that keeps you abreast of any further info.

Yea I was keeping an eye on it and misunderstood 'getting in line' to registering. Its my bad but it should have been more clear like "place an order to get in line". I went off the first post here saying there where no orders being taken, that it was just registering interest. I was waiting for them to start taking money and was not the only one who was thinking along the same line.

It's going to be interesting to see how this line works since no money was taken and an order can mean 1 or 100 units or more. I'm guessing KNC's statement that 1-500 will be shipped in the first month is not realistic. Again each order is unlimited. Looks like those whom are in the first 500 are going to be the KNC kings able to distribute all KNC products to the rest of us who didn't figure out this system.

BTW anyone want to sell me a low position? If you used an email account you don't care about when purchasing you could sell it to me...  $50 or make offer.
KS
Activity: 448
Funny how everyone will be releasing their products at the end of the summer....

quickly quickly KnC Wink

No worries bro. We're all learning. Wink

Yes, thank you for the discussion; I can see that you've got a great deal of knowledge about the field and it does increase my confidence in this project that you have high hopes for it.

Whilst I appreciate the compliment, please do not base any investment decision on my cautious optimism.

I studied engineering design, I'm doing a lot of reading up on the subject of ASIC design, I have the time available right now (not sure if that's a blessing or a curse as it's not paying my bills), I find it very interesting. Undertaking my own research and educating myself is a means to limit my own risk if I can. I may even wish to pursue some work within the field. It's certainly an exciting time for that industry to be tied to pioneering cryptocurrencies. In addition, I live in Europe.

In my mind KNC have done little to doubt them and are making positive progress. I just want to know more about when they expect us to fund in relation to a realistic delivery time and associated payment methods buyer protection. I want the confidence of a secure investment.

Also I came across a mention in a question and answer in this thread from another potential mining equipment manufacturer, and would love to hear KNC's reasoning on the matter. They apparently, like Bitsyncom/Avalon have connections via university and work and are currently based in China. No proof they are genuine, it's an old account, that's just become active with this new thread stating their intentions and gave an opinion in their answer to the question below;

Also, companies like KnCMiner claim 28nm ASIC.  I recall another person (i cannot recall the name) mentioning they were in the works for creating 28nm asics, but would only sell to companies (like a real semiconductor company usually does..)

Also, Bitfury is 28nm i think?

Seems like this is a frequent question.  I d like to explain it minutely

1. In the present case (hundreds T size) , 28nm is totally unrealistic, it sounds like: pay millions more to save one dollar for electricity charges. With a rough calculation, 28nm would probably get a real advantage after hash rate achieve 50k+T

2. The thought that 28nm&45nm is "better" than 130nm is purely amateur, which nm number to choose depends on many factors, also,good optimizations in both FPGA and ASIC increase the function of chips so much,    which means that, even for 130nm/110nm, there are still  several aspects exist to improve.  

3. I have no idea about what is the real plan of bitfuty/KNC. I am not saying that theirs are fake, but I see no reason to develop 28nm at the moment,which is, extreme expensive/sounds pretty cool/highest risk and lowest return.

Original thread;  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213172.40
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Yes, thank you for the discussion; I can see that you've got a great deal of knowledge about the field and it does increase my confidence in this project that you have high hopes for it.
Ya, I prefer looking at the asic though, but any how this is a good start , butterfly start with the fpga, but avalon straight to the asic.. hope they will answer the hundreds of questions prepared for them Smiley

Avalon had FPGAs called Icarus, and Lancelot.

See here;

https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=79835.0

Ok noted my mistakes . thanks for the correction.

Ya, I prefer looking at the asic though, but any how this is a good start , butterfly start with the fpga, but avalon straight to the asic.. hope they will answer the hundreds of questions prepared for them Smiley

See here;

Ok noted my mistakes . thanks for the correction.

See here;

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

You're supposed to get a 2K discount on the Jupiter if you bought the Mars first.

OTOH, for the same level of investment, you could look at ≃150GH/s with a ghetto Avalon ASICs machine. Where you money is best spent will depend entirely on the timely delivery of either one.

Edit: you have to buy 4x Mars to compare to 150GH/s AASICs.

Yeah, I've ordered the Mars primarily to get the discount. I think I could sell it for what it will cost me, bringing my buy price on the Jupiter down to ~5K. I just feel the incentives could have been worked out differently but I'll have to luxuriate being in the minority on that point.

I hope you realize that is very much easier, cheaper and faster to develop an FPGA miner that an ASIC miner.

True, but I don't want 6GHash, I want 350+GHash (no point being bashful about it  Wink). From my perspective it'd have to be 60 times easier, cheaper and faster. Perhaps it is, I'm no engineer.

You're supposed to get a 2K discount on the Jupiter if you bought the Mars first.

OTOH, for the same level of investment, you could look at ≃150GH/s with a ghetto Avalon ASICs machine. Where you money is best spent will depend entirely on the timely delivery of either one.

Basically do you either;

Want someone with relevant engineering experience to make it for you and trust in their ability to do so, rewarding them with a huge customer base and fast growing company, risking funds that they are true to their word and on time.

Or are you comfortable with managing the multiple streams of parts and entrusting a variety of people to acquire and deliver products that will work seamlessly together, and do you trust the wider community of DIYers both with and without experience (business and engineering) to come up with a faster solution. There's no doubt they will, but when, how refined and what happens along the way with many unknown hands is uncertain.

KS

I hope you realize that is very much easier, cheaper and faster to develop an FPGA miner that an ASIC miner.

True, but I don't want 6GHash, I want 350+GHash (no point being bashful about it  Wink). From my perspective it'd have to be 60 times easier, cheaper and faster. Perhaps it is, I'm no engineer.

Edit: you have to buy 4x Mars to compare to 150GH/s AASICs.
KS
"Bitcoin make the world go around".

Around?? Smiley
Jump to: