Pages:
Author

Topic: {T-20 World Cup Prediction Pool} 0.00035 BTC Entry Fee ( Participants only) - page 4. (Read 794 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
If they managed to win 2 more games then they are our second semifinalist after Pakistan because of high run rate.

Are you eliminating India? C'mon. They will qualify eventually & there's no doubt. They only have played one match. I guess Pakistan & India will qualify from this group and most likely one of them will play final. Ah wait, what about another 2007 world cup final LOL.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 970
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Group 1 equation looks quite simple atm. England and Australia leading the table and fav for their semis spot.

Group 2 turning out to be more complex, at start every Indian and Kiwi fan were thinking it would be cake walk but Pakistan did what Pakistan do best "Surprised everyone" and Afghanistan seems extremely competitive too, just look at their run rate, Jeez. If they managed to win 2 more games then they are our second semifinalist after Pakistan because of high run rate.
Agreed. Whoever wins between Australia and England today will occupy one of the semi-finals spots and I predicted Australia to win. The match between India and NZ tomorrow is basically a do or die match for both of them.

Pakistan is the first team to qualify for the semi-finals(I think) and I am expecting India or NZ to occupy the other spot. Afghanistan could cause an upset though as you mentioned.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536
@galambo Sorry bro thread is for participants only.

Group 1 equation looks quite simple atm. England and Australia leading the table and fav for their semis spot.

Group 2 turning out to be more complex, at start every Indian and Kiwi fan were thinking it would be cake walk but Pakistan did what Pakistan do best "Surprised everyone" and Afghanistan seems extremely competitive too, just look at their run rate, Jeez. If they managed to win 2 more games then they are our second semifinalist after Pakistan because of high run rate.

Expected West Indies to win against Bangladesh, but I never expected Bangladesh to lose by such a small margin when they looked like they would win comfortably. Also, @galambo: This thread is only for T-20 World Cup pool participants.

Once again, what a poor performance from Bangladesh. It should be an easy chase, there was two set batsman and it was 33 from 24 balls. Liton could have finished the match. Bad luck or bad management. I don’t see a reason why Shakib has been sent opening. Did he ever play in that position? I can't remember.
I was surprised to see Bangladesh losing too when it looked like they would win the match. They still had 5 wickets remaining, but messed up royally towards the end and got eliminated from the competition.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Once again, what a poor performance from Bangladesh. It should be an easy chase, there was two set batsman and it was 33 from 24 balls. Liton could have finished the match. Bad luck or bad management. I don’t see a reason why Shakib has been sent opening. Did he ever play in that position? I can't remember.
That's not about off form of course. Did you check the total score? It was 143 & if I exclude Simmons run & ball faced, it's 127 from 85 balls (didn’t calculate the extra run though). Don't you think it’s a nice score if we keep Simmons score apart? How the f he did 16 run only facing 35 balls while other played normal. It's weird & suspicious of course.
How exactly is that suspicious? Haven't you ever seen players score less than a run a ball in a T20 even though others performed way better in comparison? Simmons had a bad day and that is a fact.

It's pointless suspecting any player without proper proof basically. Also, it's a lot more difficult to fix matches these days.
How did I get 2 points today? If I'm correct, I had 12 points yesterday & after today’s match, it's 14 now; I didn’t get a margin point. What am I missing? Can someone put some light here?

I disagree. Did you forget about the fact that West Indies got bowled out for 50 something recently against England? This isn't fixing. Their players are clearly out of form.
That's not about off form of course. Did you check the total score? It was 143 & if I exclude Simmons run & ball faced, it's 127 from 85 balls (didn’t calculate the extra run though). Don't you think it’s a nice score if we keep Simmons score apart? How the f he did 16 run only facing 35 balls while other played normal. It's weird & suspicious of course.
Have you noticed Simmons yesterday? He scored 16 out of 35 balls. I got a feeling that it was a fixing. I don’t know how is it even possible. The match result would be different.
I disagree. Did you forget about the fact that West Indies got bowled out for 50 something recently against England? This isn't fixing. Their players are clearly out of form.

i won't rule out Indian team yet because we have seen fair amount of comeback from the Indian team in recent times.

Afghanistan could spoil Ind-NZ campaign.
I agree. India could make a big comeback, but AFG ruining Ind-NZ campaign would be a crazy twist. Many teams are going to be knocked out in this 'Red Light, Green Light' game in the near future. The contest is heating up.
legendary
In Group-1 Windies is almost out.

In Group-2 India and New Zealand will play for their survival as only 1 one of them could reach the Semi finals but Afghanistan look excellent opponent in the same group so it won't be a cakewalk.
The Windies are playing like an amateur team currently. NZ stand better chances at qualifying for the semi-finals when compared to India though it will probably come down to the NRR factor.

England won easily against Bangladesh and almost qualified for the semi-finals while Scotland continues to disappoint me thanks to their medicore performances.
Windies chances looks really slim. England is looking at excellent form and bossing every game. I agree NZ has better chance when comparing to India, although i won't rule out Indian team yet because we have seen fair amount of comeback from the Indian team in recent times.

Afghanistan could spoil Ind-NZ campaign.
Have you noticed Simmons yesterday? He scored 16 out of 35 balls. I got a feeling that it was a fixing. I don’t know how is it even possible. The match result would be different. Apart from his batting, West Indies played pretty good. Out of 85 balls, they scored 127 runs which I believe somewhat a good score. That was unbelievable from Simmons.
Not able to watch live matches due to workload but checked the highlights, it was indeed awful. I'm bit surprised to see that Jason Holder is not playing.
Have you noticed Simmons yesterday? He scored 16 out of 35 balls. I got a feeling that it was a fixing. I don’t know how is it even possible. The match result would be different. Apart from his batting, West Indies played pretty good. Out of 85 balls, they scored 127 runs which I believe somewhat a good score. That was unbelievable from Simmons.

In Group-2 India and New Zealand will play for their survival as only 1 one of them could reach the Semi finals but Afghanistan look excellent opponent in the same group so it won't be a cakewalk.
The Windies are playing like an amateur team currently. NZ stand better chances at qualifying for the semi-finals when compared to India though it will probably come down to the NRR factor.

England won easily against Bangladesh and almost qualified for the semi-finals while Scotland continues to disappoint me thanks to their medicore performances.
legendary
^^ Their Semi final spot is almost fixed, knock out games are different ball game tho. For me this tournament is wide open for any team and toss is now emerging as a big factor similar to IPL.

Took almost 3 decade but its really good for the cricket. India-Pakistan rivalry was dying from one sided result in the ICC tournaments. 2017 Championship trophy win and recent win might fix the problem in the long run. Although close matches still missing when both countries play against each other, if my memory serves me well then last competitive matches were 2007 group match (Tie then India winning in bowl out) and final.
I agree. The part which seriously stunned me was India not managing to take a single wicket since 152 isn't a small score. It's like all their bowlers were amateurs and were bosses around by Babar and Rizwan.

After this win, I strongly believe that Pakistan are one of the top contenders to win the trophy this time around followed by England. India need to rethink their strategies if they wish to stay in the race.
legendary
if my memory serves me well then last competitive matches were 2007 group match (Tie then India winning in bowl out) and final.
Did you mean only t20 or all other competitive tournament? In 2011 world cup, semi final was India vs Pakistan. I think you are getting old, bhai. But for me it's still ever fresh. I can still remember the innings of Sachin (85) clearly and he was the man of the match.
All WC matches. Even Champions trophy matches were one sided, like when India won they won convincingly and same for Pakistan.

I rechecked and nah that semi final was not that competitive as compared to 2007. India won by 29 runs so hardly a competitive encounter.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
if my memory serves me well then last competitive matches were 2007 group match (Tie then India winning in bowl out) and final.
Did you mean only t20 or all other competitive tournament? In 2011 world cup, semi final was India vs Pakistan. I think you are getting old, bhai. But for me it's still ever fresh. I can still remember the innings of Sachin (85) clearly and he was the man of the match.
legendary
I have never seen Pakistani batsman to play such calm on chases LOL; this match is somewhat an exciting one. Both Rizwan & Babar Azam is playing exactly like they should be playing. They didn’t play like the usual Pakistan  Grin Nevertheless, it should be an easy chase and that's what it has been. I was impressed by Shaheen Afridi bowling at first two overs. He was incredible.

What the blazing hell! I never expected in a million years that Pakistan would thrash India without losing a single freaking wicket. 152 was a decent score, but their bowlers were absolutely horrible.

Pakistan never won against India in the past when MSD was the captain, but they destroyed India when Kohli was the captain. Unbelievable. Amazing comeback by Pakistan.
Took almost 3 decade but its really good for the cricket. India-Pakistan rivalry was dying from one sided result in the ICC tournaments. 2017 Championship trophy win and recent win might fix the problem in the long run. Although close matches still missing when both countries play against each other, if my memory serves me well then last competitive matches were 2007 group match (Tie then India winning in bowl out) and final.
What the blazing hell! I never expected in a million years that Pakistan would thrash India without losing a single freaking wicket. 152 was a decent score, but their bowlers were absolutely horrible.

Pakistan never won against India in the past when MSD was the captain, but they destroyed India when Kohli was the captain. Unbelievable. Amazing comeback by Pakistan.
I have never seen Pakistani batsman to play such calm on chases LOL; this match is somewhat an exciting one. Both Rizwan & Babar Azam is playing exactly like they should be playing. They didn’t play like the usual Pakistan  Grin Nevertheless, it should be an easy chase and that's what it has been. I was impressed by Shaheen Afridi bowling at first two overs. He was incredible.
legendary
Very bad captaincy and poor fielding have cost Bangladesh and me heavily  Embarrassed
It was poor fielding to be honest.
Dropping couple of catch played its part but bad captaincy was big one. Shakib was doing so wonderfully, took 2 wickets in an over and Mahmudullah replaced him only because 2 left handers were at the crease. Result? Next 3 over went for 52 runs despite Lankans were in pressure. It opened the game for them.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Very bad captaincy and poor fielding have cost Bangladesh and me heavily  Embarrassed
It was poor fielding to be honest. Liton Das dropped 2 catches for both Rajapakse and Asalanka respectively. If any of both these was taken, result would have been different. Moreover, captaincy was a bit poor too. I didn’t get why Nasum wasn’t brought into action despite being a regular bowler and captain himself took the bowl.
Anyway it's great since I have gone with Srilanka to win. Bangladesh batted well. They need to be a team, they need a team play.
Pages:
Jump to: