Pages:
Author

Topic: T17/S17 malfunction: cases, solutions, remedies, RMA history - page 22. (Read 6913 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 28
shipment of 30 T17 42TH

3 problems units:

1) Wont detect hashboard from new, mines with 2
2) After a month, temperature sensor problem and entire machine wont hash
3) Solid Red and Green light

If anyone has solutions to 1 and 3  please reply.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Ayyyyy

I still think you should fight the vat on a warranty item.

Also I am seeing a lot of bad temp sensors on the new units... Which sucks because if they don't work it won't mine...

I fought and fought last time, but they warned me that if I do not pay it, they will ship it back to sender. I lost about month or two fighting and explaining them that it was only sent to Bitmain for repair (I had proof). After that time, I gave up and decided to have as little communication as possible with them. They actually disgust me now. I am professional towards them, but when they become arrogant, I am even worse.

And yes, bad temperature sensors are becoming quite common problem here as well, I had it personally on two different S17 PRO and I had one friend who had it on all three boards...
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Nice thread idea.

All s17 pro work 16 of them
the t17e works     2 of them but pull a lot of power
the t17+ works    1 of them but it is dropping a board.
the t17                2 of them work
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
My S17e has been running for quite some time without any real problems. Maybe once it dropped the hashrate to 0 but that is a problem I could not repeat and I am not sure what caused it so I cannot blame the unit for it (for now). My T17e has just arrived and I will update you if I have any problems with it.
However, I think I have posted about this somewhere already but I'll say it again here... My S17 Pro which arrived during May or June if I remember correctly had 2 dead hashboards after running on Turbo mode for 2 months. I had it RMA-ed and it comunication was fast as well as the process. I lost about 6 days (including 2 non-working days) of mining and most of those were due to shipping. I shipped from Serbia to Netherlands and it cost me around 150$ if I remember correctly. However, due to our utterly BAD customs, I had to pay 20% VAT on already imported unit. So that RMA cost me alot. And after 5 months of that unit working perfectly, that unit lost all three hashboards and now only if I reboot it a DOZEN times, sometimes one hashboard comes alive and if I am lucky, 2 will come alive, third one seems to be dead as a doornail. I would RMA it again, but I would have to pay another 20% VAT due to problem I previously noted and that is way too expensive considering that my unit is now out of warranty and 20% is calculated for price I paid it in middle of 2019 which is around 2500$ if I remember correctly.

I'd like to note that using Taserz custom firmware for S17 Pro helped me regain some speed as it is now running at 38TH/s with 2 hashboards.

Ayyyyy

I still think you should fight the vat on a warranty item.

Also I am seeing a lot of bad temp sensors on the new units... Which sucks because if they don't work it won't mine...
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
My S17e has been running for quite some time without any real problems. Maybe once it dropped the hashrate to 0 but that is a problem I could not repeat and I am not sure what caused it so I cannot blame the unit for it (for now). My T17e has just arrived and I will update you if I have any problems with it.
However, I think I have posted about this somewhere already but I'll say it again here... My S17 Pro which arrived during May or June if I remember correctly had 2 dead hashboards after running on Turbo mode for 2 months. I had it RMA-ed and it comunication was fast as well as the process. I lost about 6 days (including 2 non-working days) of mining and most of those were due to shipping. I shipped from Serbia to Netherlands and it cost me around 150$ if I remember correctly. However, due to our utterly BAD customs, I had to pay 20% VAT on already imported unit. So that RMA cost me alot. And after 5 months of that unit working perfectly, that unit lost all three hashboards and now only if I reboot it a DOZEN times, sometimes one hashboard comes alive and if I am lucky, 2 will come alive, third one seems to be dead as a doornail. I would RMA it again, but I would have to pay another 20% VAT due to problem I previously noted and that is way too expensive considering that my unit is now out of warranty and 20% is calculated for price I paid it in middle of 2019 which is around 2500$ if I remember correctly.

I'd like to note that using Taserz custom firmware for S17 Pro helped me regain some speed as it is now running at 38TH/s with 2 hashboards.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I would like to use this thread for people to document potential problems with their miners and maybe give some tips on reliabilty, RMAs, settings, etc.
I'll start: in the first two mo of operation I got one T17e that dropped a board (out of 9 machines combination of T17, T17e, S17 and S17pro).
I would like to see people opine on t17e/S17e vs other types specifically.
Pages:
Jump to: