Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 124. (Read 309580 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Very interesting. Just finish reading the white paper.
Thanks for sharing  Smiley
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
What do you guys think of http://www.tezos.com?

Is it comparable to Tau-Chain and Agoras? Once released, will Tau-Chain and Tezos compete, complement each other or neither?

Thanks. Keep up the good work. I really appreciate and admire the work you all do.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
thank you that makes sense, what is the tot amount sold till now? how can I check?

Just check the public BTC address to see how much.

No. Somebody paid USD or EUR to buy Tau token, so the public BTC address could not show the accurate number.

I'm pretty sure it was paid in BTC, afterall this is the BTC community in the first place.

https://bitcoinchain.com/block_explorer/address/1BzwxgzrdiW5Gdc3kfoUgxeHAhRjnMmrVs

If I divide 480 per 0.0002 as avg price it gives 2.4M tot coins sold but

1 this does not account fiat

2 Im not sure 0.0002 is the avg price for the sale

Also of those 480 btcs there are just 27 left? all the rest went into paying development already?

Why such complicated way to deal with this ICO ? why there is not a set date for the end of sale of tokens?

Why did you allow trading of tokens during the ICO? by doing that people can buy tokens and dev not get funds for development.

thx.

yes, there were more buys that are not part of those 480 btcs, no more than half the amount. note that it's all amounts over more than a year and with different btc and tokens rate.
not all were spended, most were not, as this presale funds should serve for the long term and there's only one sale. we just convert the btc to fiat in order not to expose the project's funds to btc's volatility.
the lowest price ever (people bought zennet's time) is 7.5 cents per token, without taking into account what happens in the exchange.
the funding of the project is not complicated and strange - in fact, startups don't do "two months funding" or so. we build a very serious foundation here. more like the standards of software startups and less like the standards of the cryptocurrency world.
trades are allowed in order to give buyers some liquidity.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
thank you that makes sense, what is the tot amount sold till now? how can I check?

No. Somebody paid USD or EUR to buy Tau token, so the public BTC address could not show the accurate number.

I'm pretty sure it was paid in BTC, afterall this is the BTC community in the first place.

https://bitcoinchain.com/block_explorer/address/1BzwxgzrdiW5Gdc3kfoUgxeHAhRjnMmrVs

If I divide 480 per 0.0002 as avg price it gives 2.4M tot coins sold but

1 this does not account fiat

2 Im not sure 0.0002 is the avg price for the sale

Also of those 480 btcs there are just 27 left? all the rest went into paying development already?

Why such complicated way to deal with this ICO ? why there is not a set date for the end of sale of tokens?

Why did you allow trading of tokens during the ICO? by doing that people can buy tokens and dev not get funds for development.

thx.
Activity: 1008

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

You will need Ohad to tell you that, I'm not sure.
You can see this post from Ohad when the crowdfund originally started:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10403838

"The current sale terms are as follows: From now on, we sell 50% of coins for approx $2M: The current price is $100 for 3.5 million (3,500,000) Agora coins, and will go up in 2% every week. Total number of coins is 147,000,000,000."

3.5M sold for 100 dollars one year ago? 147B coins

There is only 42,000,000 coins after the split to Omni the supply was reduced, all those buyers were also marginally reduced in relation to 42 million coins.

thx 3.5m would be 0.0002% of 147B does it mean that that person got 0.0002% of the new 42M tokens? that would be 1c per token if he bought those 3.5M for 100 dollars

No, 147,000,000,000 is divided down into 42,000,000 = 3500.

147,000,000,000 divided by 42,000,000 = 3500.

3,500,000 divided by 3500 = 1000.

"The current sale terms are as follows: From now on, we sell 50% of coins for approx $2M: The current price is $100 for 3.5 million (3,500,000) Agora coins, and will go up in 2% every week. Total number of coins is 147,000,000,000."

There is only 42,000,000 coins after the split to Omni the supply was reduced, all those buyers were also marginally reduced in relation to 42 million coins.

thx 3.5m would be 0.0002% of 147B does it mean that that person got 0.0002% of the new 42M tokens? that would be 1c per token if he bought those 3.5M for 100 dollars

3.5M sold for 100 dollars one year ago? 147B coins?
These are the main differences between Ethereum and Tau-Chain since everyone has been asking me about it:

1. The Language/Logic (Undecidable vs Decidable).
2. Context Separation (not able to run everything - you run only code you want to run).
3. Self-Defining (ability to change the Protocol without forking the network).

Hello is there an official date for the ico sale end date?
If the coins sell out or the codes finished. Not close to either at the moment.

Tokens are already traded so the ones bought below the sale market price do not count ICO tokens so How do you calculate when to finish the ICO and eventually cut the supply? do you just need to wait for the code to be completed? so can this ICO go ahead for one or two years eventually?

It completely depends if they all get sold out or when the developers finish the project. The current timeline is set at one year but the sell wall increases 5% every month.

ok and when was the ICO started? what was the initial price asked before the increase?

Tokens are already traded so the ones bought below the sale market price do not count ICO tokens so How do you calculate when to finish the ICO and eventually cut the supply? do you just need to wait for the code to be completed? so can this ICO go ahead for one or two years eventually?

It completely depends if they all get sold out or when the developers finish the project. The current timeline is set at one year but the sell wall increases 5% every month.

The price doesn't mean anything currently, in my opinion this should be at a 42 million market cap at least, unfotunately I do not think people know what this technology means yet.

I totally agree on this, the idea is great but without marketing will be difficult to show the word how good this is! Keep the hard work

I agree with Parano, marketing is very important. And doing right marketing is crucial especially during ICO. I think we have learned power of marketing with Ethereum projects. And the greater user base during ICO the greater chance there is to success. As a clear example we can see Nxt and Ethereum, they both are 2nd generation even there are minor differences, biggest factor was marketing and crowd sale structure. Just my 2 cent
Yes, i agree also. Nxt ICO was very bad and Ethereum was supported from big players like banks. But Tau is a different stuff, this is a really 2nd generation of internet if it works. It is a very ambitious project und maybe Ohads team is to weak for that. My suggestion to invite more thinkers to this team.

I think you should analyse the code and what they do everyday, because I definately do and what they are talking about is very serious and complex stuff. The team is veterans of this community also.
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg
The price doesn't mean anything currently, in my opinion this should be at a 42 million market cap at least, unfotunately I do not think people know what this technology means yet.

I totally agree on this, the idea is great but without marketing will be difficult to show the word how good this is! Keep the hard work

I agree with Parano, marketing is very important. And doing right marketing is crucial especially during ICO. I think we have learned power of marketing with Ethereum projects. And the greater user base during ICO the greater chance there is to success. As a clear example we can see Nxt and Ethereum, they both are 2nd generation even there are minor differences, biggest factor was marketing and crowd sale structure. Just my 2 cent
Yes, i agree also. Nxt ICO was very bad and Ethereum was supported from big players like banks. But Tau is a different stuff, this is a really 2nd generation of internet if it works. It is a very ambitious project und maybe Ohads team is to weak for that. My suggestion to invite more thinkers to this team.
Jump to: