Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 152. (Read 309569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Just thinking out loud but Im sure most people would be happy to support the notion of a static 3% of whatever is sold to be given to the dev team upon completion.
ex.
1 million tokens sold = 30,000 for dev team, supply to be 1.03 million
20 million tokens sold = 600,000 for dev team, supply to be 20.6 million
etc.

Wink
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
I see volume on bittrex, and action on twitter. But funding must not be coming in if the bittrex open market is trading below the offer price? also the sell wall is only 9 BTC. is that the remainder of the crowdsale? or would it be restocked if people bought through it.

also, the 3% premine. is that 3% of 42,000,000 or 3% of whatever is sold of the presale.

blog post mentions 3,000,000 sold as of mid December. 3% of 3 mil is 90k. vs 3% of 42 mil being 1.26mil.

The sale has began +1y ago while bittrex only a few months. Still also today most of the buyers buy directly from me (in almost all cases: since they want large amounts or to use paypal).
Indeed only ~4M tokens were sold so far.
Sale goes until a network is ready correct? And would you be taking 3% of 42 million tokens or 3% of whatever is sold?

right

Smiley
which is it?
3% of 42 million tokens?
or 3% of whatever is sold?

Interesting project by the way. I expect this will do well.

oh sorry i misread: currently it's 3% out of 42M
And if you sold 10mil tokens. Would be be 300,000 (3% of 10mil) or stay at 3% of 42 mil

yes, 3% out of 42M. currently. things can be changed though but that's the max amount
legendary
Forget-about-it
I see volume on bittrex, and action on twitter. But funding must not be coming in if the bittrex open market is trading below the offer price? also the sell wall is only 9 BTC. is that the remainder of the crowdsale? or would it be restocked if people bought through it.

also, the 3% premine. is that 3% of 42,000,000 or 3% of whatever is sold of the presale.

blog post mentions 3,000,000 sold as of mid December. 3% of 3 mil is 90k. vs 3% of 42 mil being 1.26mil.

The sale has began +1y ago while bittrex only a few months. Still also today most of the buyers buy directly from me (in almost all cases: since they want large amounts or to use paypal).
Sale goes until a network is ready correct? And would you be taking 3% of 42 million tokens or 3% of whatever is sold?

right

Smiley
which is it?
3% of 42 million tokens?

And if you sold 10mil tokens. Would be be 300,000 (3% of 10mil) or stay at 3% of 42 mil

right

Smiley
which is it?
3% of 42 million tokens?

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

right

Smiley
which is it?
3% of 42 million tokens?

right
legendary
Forget-about-it

legendary
Forget-about-it

What will the total supply of agoras be?
See here
http://www.idni.org/pre-sale

Can anyone explain how AGRS is stored/works on the omni wallet.
I have bought a Ledger HW.1 and hoping it will work with this.
Yes I am new.

Omni works exactly like XCP (more correctly, XCP is an exact clone of mastercoin's design, now called omni).
Specifically, one can create virtual assets/coins over bitcoin's blockchain using omni's protocol.
So to accept coins all one needs is a bitcoin address, even though the coins aren't btc but omni/agrs/etc.
But to send coins or see them correctly in your wallet, you should use an omni-aware wallet that parses the btc chain according to the omni protocol.
Note that the current tokens are merely temporary and the true Agoras coins will need their own (tau) chain.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
See here
http://www.idni.org/pre-sale

Can anyone explain how AGRS is stored/works on the omni wallet.
I have bought a Ledger HW.1 and hoping it will work with this.
Yes I am new.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
When does pre-sale end?

When the real coins will be ready. Means, when Agoras network begins to run with its own coins. Agoras is an application over tau, and we will begin developing it after tau is ready and stable.
Note that once the presale ends, all unsold intermediate tokens will be destroyed.
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
When does pre-sale end?
Sorry have to ask. You said you are 4 months away about a year ago. How close are you really?

When I said 4 months a year ago was under different assumptions, but that's correct I said 'few months' several times and few months passed. The truth (that I emphasize every time) is that I really don't know. But it never looks like more than a few months of work. Reaching the desired quality is nontrivial. I can repeat in more details but please see previous comments here.
What does the presale snapshot look like now ?

Less than 2% were sold since the presale snapshot was published.
how to open the wallet for this cryptocurrency

Every OmniCoin wallet would do. E.g. omniwallet.org or offline wallet https://github.com/OmniLayer/omnicore
Recall that this is only an intermediate token, and will be converted to the real Agoras coins over their own (tau) chain once Agoras is ready.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
how to open the wallet for this cryptocurrency
Any news on the project?
I'm still wrapping my head around converging to the best compilation architecture for tau. It is a delicate and hard task.
BTW this is from today: http://bitcoinist.net/six-ethereum-projects-and-its-five-competitors/
You've been working on that for a long time. Have you considered working on the actual code to bootstrap Tau first, and come back to this later?

I know that when building something as complex as a new language, and pieces have to work together, but once you have the code that the Tau engine will compile, it will be a lot easier to create an efficient compiler, "A plan never survives first contact with the enemy", "Make it work, make it right, make it fast" and all that...

Also, having something to show, as slow and imperfect as it may be, would do well for getting the message out and help you raise funds. This as well as the effect on the community and helping draw smart people to be involved in the product, which I would expect to be invaluable...

I agree...

I really wish it was possible (beginning tau network without the 'best' compiler and finishing it later), and since the beginning we gave a decent thought to 'what is the bare minimum'. Obviously that'd make 'life much easier' for me.
But the execution path must be predetermined at genesis and beyond, so given a proof by one client, it can be verified by another client - at the very same proof flow. If we would give up rigid and predetermined proof flow, we won't be able to implement lambda-auth (hashing the proof tree in a way that leaves a short 'proof of correct proof' or 'proof of execution', relying on the fact that all clients have exact same flow).
So this underlying flow cannot be changed and must be finalized at the best possible performance. Which is nothing but the compilation architecture.

But wouldn't that leave room for a test network? A test network wouldn't require the best possible performance, and the code (logic? I'm not sure what to call the stuff that makes up the Tau network) should run as is on production once you get there, right? And that way, you could assign the creation of the code running on Tau off to some other people, because it would be mostly orthogonal, isn't it? And also, people could independently try and improve your engine/create their own, since they'd have a baseline to run theirs against.

That's true. But we don't have enough resources for that, and it's not only (or mainly) a money issue. I think that in the bottom line it'll take more time, less quality, more risk, and know-hows evaporating from the shared knowledge. Nevertheless from time to time we think about fast-implementing what we call 'naive tau' - simply tau connected to eye/cwm. It is also very interesting to do it as an experiment and see how it fails and why decidable logic is  crucial. If someone wants to get into this adventure - you have our full tech and spirit support.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Any news on the project?
I'm still wrapping my head around converging to the best compilation architecture for tau. It is a delicate and hard task.
BTW this is from today: http://bitcoinist.net/six-ethereum-projects-and-its-five-competitors/
You've been working on that for a long time. Have you considered working on the actual code to bootstrap Tau first, and come back to this later?

I know that when building something as complex as a new language, and pieces have to work together, but once you have the code that the Tau engine will compile, it will be a lot easier to create an efficient compiler, "A plan never survives first contact with the enemy", "Make it work, make it right, make it fast" and all that...

Also, having something to show, as slow and imperfect as it may be, would do well for getting the message out and help you raise funds. This as well as the effect on the community and helping draw smart people to be involved in the product, which I would expect to be invaluable...

I agree...

I really wish it was possible (beginning tau network without the 'best' compiler and finishing it later), and since the beginning we gave a decent thought to 'what is the bare minimum'. Obviously that'd make 'life much easier' for me.
But the execution path must be predetermined at genesis and beyond, so given a proof by one client, it can be verified by another client - at the very same proof flow. If we would give up rigid and predetermined proof flow, we won't be able to implement lambda-auth (hashing the proof tree in a way that leaves a short 'proof of correct proof' or 'proof of execution', relying on the fact that all clients have exact same flow).
So this underlying flow cannot be changed and must be finalized at the best possible performance. Which is nothing but the compilation architecture.

But wouldn't that leave room for a test network? A test network wouldn't require the best possible performance, and the code (logic? I'm not sure what to call the stuff that makes up the Tau network) should run as is on production once you get there, right? And that way, you could assign the creation of the code running on Tau off to some other people, because it would be mostly orthogonal, isn't it? And also, people could independently try and improve your engine/create their own, since they'd have a baseline to run theirs against.

Jump to: