Pages:
Author

Topic: Teaching martial arts to children, and Martail Arts in general - page 2. (Read 944 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Interesting video, It's really good to teach children martial arts and not only, It helps to control stress in the future and to stay calm and control your energy. Good idea.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Great idea,  I've heard of this from of martial arts and I'm interested in learning more.  I hope others will show their interest in this thread so you know your videos are going to good use.  I'll try and post some I find also to help and I encourage others to do the same. 
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
It can be anything but it would be really amazing if the video or exercise could have a game component. Because it´s a lot easier for children to learn that way.

You mean, something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01nQ28REN4?

Sorry, couldn't help it... Grin

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
Hello, I practice Krav-Maga (which is an self-defense system created in Israel) and I help teaching karate to children in a non-profit project.
I created this thread so we can share general videos about Martial Arts (because they are always amazing), but the main purpose is to help share ideas about exercises that can help children evolve their skill. It could be just a video, or a description of an exercise.
I can't post videos about my own classes because of privacy rights, so I will describe the exercises or use youtube videos.

It can be anything but it would be really amazing if the video or exercise could have a game component. Because it´s a lot easier for children to learn that way.
If you have used the exercise already, reactions on how the children responded, so as feedback used to help them develop would be great.

Here is the first one I will try to help them develop their movement skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwLTA7EwUs

I will describe how it worked out when I test it next practice.
In the meanwhile feel free to post your own videos about practice, or as I said about martial arts in general.

Pages:
Jump to: