Pages:
Author

Topic: Team also needs to pass KYC - page 3. (Read 1011 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
April 10, 2019, 12:32:26 AM
Investors and bounty hunters are mostly required to undergo KYC while the team behind the project itself are not known. And they scam people. I suggest the team should first pass a "KYC" test and publish it on their website before investors and hunters are also made to do same. What do you also think?

They are already doing that, but they are faking it, so many ICO are caught using a profile from shutterstocks these are scam site with no real team behind it, I'm glad we have members of this forum who do extensive research on the status of ICO the list is now over 150 and still counting.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
April 10, 2019, 12:14:58 AM
Yes, what you said I thought could be material for the Team to consider. I personally agree that the Team must also go through KYC procedures and then the results can be published on the website. So if this applies, I think it's all very fair for bounty hunters. And increase trust in the public.
Activity: 466
Merit: 5
April 09, 2019, 10:59:10 PM
Project owners identities should be made know to everybody; whitepapers and website information most times are not enough. KYC and other valuables should be submitted to Bitcoitalk and Blockchain platforms; it will reduce scam bounties in the system.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
April 09, 2019, 10:06:43 PM
I think this is a good idea. Atleast the scammers will have a fear and before starting any project they will think twice. If the team is not fake , they will surely support KYC as they will truly want their project to execute.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
April 09, 2019, 04:48:26 AM
I can advise you not to pay attention to projects where the team is anonymous. This is initially a hoax. Don't listen to their pleas.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
April 08, 2019, 02:18:30 PM
Yes, I agree that the Team behind their ICO must pass KYC. So we know they are very real and we can also see their track record. And this looks very fair because bounty hunters also do KYC. So that everything can be transparent and this will reduce fraud.
It is very important they do, I wonder why they want to remain invisible to us and wants us to be visible to them, if any project does not have any hidden agenda or fear of failure for their project, I see no reasons why they should have any problem disclosing their identity to us too. They need us more than we do, we own our money and they are the ones that need our money to develop their projects. Projects doing KYC will also assist every investor to really know those they are dealing with and do proper verification on them using their details before getting involved in their projects.
I can understand why the team wants to save their privacy. But in this case, they shouldn't raise any funds on the public sales or any public offering. And yes, if the team will pass KYC it will make a great step to get more trust. But this doesn't solve any scam. We saw many ICO's that was public but became real scam
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
April 08, 2019, 01:41:05 PM
Yes, I agree that the Team behind their ICO must pass KYC. So we know they are very real and we can also see their track record. And this looks very fair because bounty hunters also do KYC. So that everything can be transparent and this will reduce fraud.
It is very important they do, I wonder why they want to remain invisible to us and wants us to be visible to them, if any project does not have any hidden agenda or fear of failure for their project, I see no reasons why they should have any problem disclosing their identity to us too. They need us more than we do, we own our money and they are the ones that need our money to develop their projects. Projects doing KYC will also assist every investor to really know those they are dealing with and do proper verification on them using their details before getting involved in their projects.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
April 08, 2019, 11:38:46 AM
I heard there were several projects that included several fake team members. which in fact the members were only covered for project promotion. they are paid because they have big names but are not involved at all in the process. if the team member is required to be KYC, I agree that the project has to proof valid team member not just profitee the name.
Activity: 300
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
April 08, 2019, 11:11:19 AM
I guess the team and dev are the one employing you to carry out a task for them,they have the right ti ask for whatever they want and bounty hunters also have the right to reject their offer and look for another project,there so many other projects without KYC.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 357
April 08, 2019, 08:26:22 AM
Investors and bounty hunters are mostly required to undergo KYC while the team behind the project itself are not known. And they scam people. I suggest the team should first pass a "KYC" test and publish it on their website before investors and hunters are also made to do same. What do you also think?

As far as i know, KYC stands for know your customer not know your company. If you have doubts with the company you are joining for bounties then dont hesitate to turn back on it. The answer is common sense. If you know and its obvious that its a scam then dont join in it. End of story. They will not make much effort like creating a website etc if they are exist just to scam people.
Activity: 504
April 08, 2019, 08:21:57 AM
They won't do it.And if they do,how can I be sure their data isn't fake?I think there needs to be another solution or some regulator that has the rights to punish fraud in the field of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
April 07, 2019, 06:27:48 PM
I think you should just say that, KYC should be meant for only the investors since they are only the customer purchasing their products. Bounty hunters are more like the team so i think they shouldn't be included in the kyc, since they're more like the team all working for the development.
Activity: 624
Merit: 101
BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange
April 07, 2019, 05:27:49 PM
If you visit ICObench (ratings site) then you will see there is a KYC verification for the team of a project but not so sure if you really trust the site though it is one of the well known ratings site.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
April 07, 2019, 03:02:54 PM
I think KYC important for the ICO investor only and no need bounty Hunter. But we are know that best quality team their want to need KYC pass for everyone. If team want kyc for bounty hunter then bounty worker much lower. In fact at the think bounty hunter kyc not a good idea.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
April 07, 2019, 12:57:52 PM
I think in some project it's important to know your developer if you want to join an ICO. And some ICO teams do actually their own Know your developer, also knows as KYD.
There's is known your developer coin, https://kydcoin.io/ and from their homepage, you can see a list of the different project where there has been a KYD on the developer. https://review.kydcoin.io/
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 07, 2019, 12:55:05 PM
It is their own project so they are creating their own terms and condition so don't expect them to have verification process for themselves when are scammers and the reason they can say for this is we are anonymous team for this anonymous coin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
April 07, 2019, 12:47:15 PM
The team must be able to show its quality as a real Team. So that people can access the Team for review. If Tim can pass KYC, I think they are very professional people at work and can be the best choice.
Activity: 476
April 07, 2019, 12:43:45 PM
It would be great if the teams that create the projects passed KYC. Then the number of non-working projects in cryptocurrency would be much lower
Activity: 445
Merit: 10
April 07, 2019, 12:12:12 PM
Agree.  This can be done also with the team.. The team should be transparent and real persons in order for investors to trust the projects.. Teams that are personally in touch with the people will gain more trust and loyalty... Thay can bring more success the future...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
April 07, 2019, 07:30:40 AM
They could also post a fake information in their website so what's the point?
To be honest I think the KYC isn't really doing well because people could submit fake I.D's and get verified.
Pages:
Jump to: